Favorite thing about assassins creed?

Cooljoe

Post here what your one most favorite thing about assassins creed is!

Gotta love a Cooljoe opinion thread.;)

Definitly would have to say the settings, normally the idea of walking around renaissance italy would sound boring, but AC makes it awesome, nothing beats climbing the tallest tower just to gaze over the city then land in a bale of hay

-The parkour element on a 3º person perspective. Mirror´s Edge for my was a horrible experience because of 1º person.

-The gameplay, complex and easy to learn and master at the same time. That always make a game fun, especially when it´s something new like in AC saga.

-The environment and history. Not just the fact of playing in really detailed past times, but how they use that in the story and combine with the Sci-Fi elements. This is what I think makes the difference in this saga with everything else.

I love the fighting in it. It's really progressed since AC1 and I think some of the finishing moves and such are very impressive. I know other games have stuff like that but you can't beat fighting 10 guards at once and brutally killing each one in a different way with a different weapon.

I'm really looking forward to the whole slo-mo kill cam idea in Revelations :D.

There are a number of things that I love about this series - I would say the story is my favorite thing, but since the ending of ACII (mainly for Desmond's part of the story) I think it has stumbled a little. I think the most consistently amazing thing about this series is the music. All three games so far have had amazing soundtracks.

The cool outfits.

I'm totally serious, too. I wouldn't be as happy if this game was in first-person and I couldn't see my dude climbing up walls and leaping across rooftops in that outfit.

I gotta agree completely. I loved collecting all the Outfits and have them displayed in the hideout. Seein the progression in the armour, from leather to Elite =)

I geek out over the history. I must have Wiki'ed a hundred different real world people, places and events which the writers have brilliantly tied into the story. I'm better at Jeopardy because of Assassin's Creed.

Few other games make me feel like such a badass. We now have a huge array of offensive moves at our disposal...but hell, I still feel like Death Incarnate when I'm silently stalking. I spot my victim and think "You're gonna die, motherf**ker".

Love the parkour-style movement, which they've improved so much since the first game (ever go back and play AC1?). As with the violence, it makes you feel good when you're good at it.

One favorite aspect which is on the line with future games is the character development. In AC1, Altair is just an arrogant prick, not especially memorable. Ezio has been very well written, an enjoyable mix of a carefree cad and a noble avenger. AC:R has a chance to let us get to know Altair a little more, and AC3 (Nov 2012) will introduce an entirely new character. Will the quality keep up?

The gameplay and graphics mixed with a quality soundtrack make the series stand out for me..the fighting has become so much more fluent and now with a hookblade introduced its going to add a whole new avenue of arse kicking which is always a good thing..the creators attention to details pretty impressive I've been cool enough to Google some of the historic buildings and see how they compare to the in game ones and its impressive.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the small details with the NPCs. Like if you just listen to the random things people say when Ezio does crazy stuff like climb walls and jump in/out of hay bales, it's really comical. They'll be like "Has he been drinking?" or "There must be a woman involved..." Or my favorite: "Life expectancy - not long!" And then they get so pissed if you run into them or - God forbid - make them drop one of those precious wooden crates they are always lugging around!

Yep that's what I love, just the total immersion in the atmosphere, right down to the smallest details like guards cursing at you when you stand still for too long, and the theives cursing at the guards and calling them "Borgia boot-lickers". Lmao...