Gun Bros Glitches

XBOX ISAAC82

Thought were we past the all the glitched games with about 12-13 in a row back at the end of last and beginning of this year it had been going pretty good since but it seems Glu knows how to do it style seeing as nearly every thread in this forum has people reporting glitches. So lets stick them all in one place. eastx can then report to the devs so perhaps they can do something about it.

These are obviously not affecting everyone but some people as I am are experiencing more then a few of them.

• Game gets stuck on character select screen.
  • Game starts but is not connected. Requires multiple restarts to work.
  • You cannot use the back button in game menus as it makes game quit out completely.
  • Bro's do not show up in game even if you have several people on your Friend's list with the game.
  • Similar to above - Not all Bros appear in Bro selection or under challenges.
  • Game can cycle through Bros even when you select the player you want to play with.
  • Bro Op challenges show as completed already even though you have not played them so you cannot unlock the rewards.
  • Challenge rewards do not always appear in your inventory.
  • Inventory disappears (probably the most infuriating for obvious reasons).
  • Green bucks disappearing.
  • All progress resetting.
  • Game gets stuck on loading screen and the loading icon just stops and can take several attempts to start.
  • Similar to above but will not start up at all and just sits on loading screen permanently showing the loading icon. This is an issue I have had and as far as I am aware no one else has reported this yet but let us know if you have. I found a work around which you will find below.

Other issues noted:

• Unresponsive controls, especially the left hand side. Sometimes means you have to lift your finger from the screen and reapply to get it to work.

So if any of you have run into any other issues please report them here. Also give details of your glitch even if its already listed above so it gives the devs a better idea of what may have caused the issue in the first place, what they need to do, etc.

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just going to expand on some of the issues mentioned above.

Unobtainable Bro-Op Challenges

I had previously completed 3 of the 4 challenges to find when I started the game the they were still showing as completed even though the challenges were actually new. This meant I could not then complete the challenges to gain the rewards or even receive the other rewards when a Bro or Bros completed the same challenge.

Update: 2nd day of the same 3 challenges still showing as completed.

Bro-Op Challenge Rewards not appearing in the inventory

After actually being able to complete rewards on more then one occasion the rewards have not appeared in my inventory.

Disappearing Inventory

So the most infuriating glitch I have ran into so far is my inventory completely disappearing. I started the game up yesterday and I found all my inventory was gone. I had about 80 health kits, 30+ grenades, 40+ auto aims, 4-5 special power-ups (air strike, nuke, etc) over 20 armour pieces, about 12 weapons (4 of which were fully upgraded). Thankfully I had the inventory related achievements already but very, very annoying none the less.

Update: It seems this is an ongoing issue once your inventory has disappeared. If you buy new items the previously owned will disappear. I have just lost fully upgraded shotgun and three pieces of armour after buying some new stuff. Picked up grenades have also once again disappeared.

Disappearing Green Bucks

All of my green bucks have disappeared after saving up 12 in total. Possibly related to inventory. Would be massively annoying if you paid for some.

Game permanently stuck on loading screen

After about a day of playing the game I could not get the game to start up at all. After trying a phone restart (including removing battery) still had no luck. Finally got the game to start up by putting the phone in flight mode so it could not connect to the servers. Just played a few waves and then purposely died, converted my crystals and then quit the game once I was back in the main menu. I then disabled flight mode and restarted the game from the Xbox Live tile and it loaded fine.

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82

For me, the most annoying are the constant need to "retry" and reload the game to properly connect and atrociously long load times, hell sometimes it never loads. However, the game loads super quick without an connection.

Another, (not sure if handset dependent) sometimes when playing, the game just briefly stops tracking your left joystick, maybe too much movement? I'll be playing then just stop, I have to quickly lift then press again to keep moving. In a middle of a mob is the worse for this to then happen.

The auto-aim power up doesn't track properly with a spread weapon. Your relying on luck that it picks the right target.

Haven't read all of the read, but just the first post.

I must report that you're not the only one with infinitely loading title screen, it's just been happening to m for the past 20-30 minutes, I'm at my 7th restart and still no luck.

I guess this one will have to go back on the backburner together with Battleship until the developers fix their games.

Haven't read all of the read, but just the first post.

I must report that you're not the only one with infinitely loading title screen, it's just been happening to m for the past 20-30 minutes, I'm at my 7th restart and still no luck.

I guess this one will have to go back on the backburner together with Battleship until the developers fix their games.

Had this again this evening. After about an hour of trying to log finally worked. Just two more achievements to go so going to try and get it done.

uninstall > reinstaling will make you loose inventory and the lvl's on the equpied guns, and completed bro-ops

money, warbuks, level, killcount and progress towards various achievements is still there, an option in the options menu can sync it with glu's online server , but still annoying starting again with a wepon with low lvl if you grinded it to a top tier lvl

Well I have been playing this game a lot recently, and had not had many issues until today. I bought all the guns and armor and powerups for the achievements..played a little, then exited. Loaded it up later to find my inventory wiped. I think it has something to do with having a lot of items unlocked. That is when it crashed on me. I dont think it was a coincidence I had played dozens of times before with no inventory issues.

My ADVICE: Make sure every time you exit the game, always keep the armor and two weapons you really do not want to lose equipped. Equipped items are not lost when your inventory is wiped. Most importantly, keep the Corona Ejector, as this weapon can easily be used to grind over 100,000K gold in 30 minutes on Bokor.

Edited by Arsenic 17

Well I have been playing this game a lot recently, and had not had many issues until today. I bought all the guns and armor and powerups for the achievements..played a little, then exited. Loaded it up later to find my inventory wiped. I think it has something to do with having a lot of items unlocked. That is when it crashed on me. I dont think it was a coincidence I had played dozens of times before with no inventory issues.

My ADVICE: Make sure every time you exit the game, always keep the armor and two weapons you really do not want to lose equipped. Equipped items are not lost when your inventory is wiped.

I agree the missing inventory is probably something to do with how much you own. I didn't lose mine until after I bought about 30 pieces of armour, 15+ weapons, plus lots of power-ups luckily getting all the achievements first.

I have experienced every single one of these glitches. This is absolutely unbelievable. I expected glitches, I mean, it is Glu we`re talking about, but this is inexcusable. This really should not have been released yet, we may as well be playing a pre-alpha build.

I couldn`t get past the character select screen for a day; once I complete a challenge I can no longer complete subsequent challenges in the same slot; it connects to Live maybe 20% of the time, and today I lost my inventory.

The Q/A testers deserve to be fired. I know it`s free, but this is bullshit. It`s like getting food poisoning from a free sample at the supermarket.

I don't know if it's like this for anyone else but my leader board won't update its saying I'm level 54 while I'm nearing 60 ( 58 I think) and I only have 39thousand kills , iv played a couple of waves getting close to a thousand kills and it doesn't update, maybe its me, perhaps server side??

EDIT: it seemed to have resolved it self logged in today and it works normally now, still don't know if it's server side or me

Edited by BowManHomie

I don't know if it's like this for anyone else but my leader board won't update its saying I'm level 54 while I'm nearing 60 ( 58 I think) and I only have 39thousand kills , iv played a couple of waves getting close to a thousand kills and it doesn't update, maybe its me, perhaps server side??

Yeah noticed the same issue. It was working earlier today, but now, as you mentioned, kills or level is not updating. Oh well no biggie. I still received the 50,000 kill achievement even though leaderboard only has me at 42,000.

http://www.wpcentral.com/contract-killer-sets-its-aim-xbox-live-windows-phone-week

That brings us to the elephant in the room… Last week, Glu Mobile’s twin-stick shooter Gun Bros got off to a rocky start. The game is plagued by excessive load times, network issues, and other bugs. It’s a shame because if you look past these problems, the game is actually quite addictive and has some great social features.

Glu is definitely aware of these Gun Bros issues. They’re working with Microsoft to resolve them with an update as soon as possible. A small number of players have also reported items disappearing from their inventories. Thankfully items can be restored regardless of the update’s arrival. Just submit a ticket at Glu’s customer support website and they’ll take care of you.

I too got a new glitch (=

I've been trying to get the achievement to get 20 clothing items, got 29 items now in inventory, still no achievement, and when I started buying new items, the ones I bought first (that I had equiped before I started buying) I lost them so had to buy them all over again

yay -_-

Another glitch just now...may not be specifically Gun Bros related, but it has never happened to me with any other game before, but has some apps.

Loaded up game and the touch screen was completely non-functional once it loaded. Exited game, worked fine in start screen. Loaded up game, same problems again. Exited and loaded up Mirror's Edge...no problems. Loaded up Gun Bros and again couldnt do anything. Finally just shut off my phone and rebooted it. Loaded Gun Bros and it worked. Raped.

I'm stuck on the character select screen. Have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times with no luck. Anyone else had this problem and fixed it? I'm using an HTC Titan if it makes any difference. Cheers in advance for any help!

Hmm, for some reason, rebooting the phone fixed it. Got it working now, but shouldn't have to reboot to use a game. Poor effort Glu, hope I don't hit any more of these bugs!

New annoyance for me. No matter how many times I pick a particular Bro to play with, it just cycles through all of the bros by level to the lowest before being able to repick the one I originally chose.

This actually happened a few times to me so I have added this.

Also added:

• Not all Bros appear in Bro selection or under challenges.