Achievement Guide

l.maciver

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61662

You should read that topic so you can improve the topic. Also, it's Achievement Guide.

One weird thing I noticed was that my buddy and I got the Moby Dick achievement playing in Co-op so I don't understand why the achievement says "Single Player".

No offense, but this guide isn't very helpful and it's actually wrong in some cases. I'll try to correct or add some info.

Hot-wired

Reward: 10 Points

Objective: Single Player: Capture all 3 hijackable vehicles at least once.

If your feeling brave, you can attempt to hijack the assault chopper, Meduim tank and a light walker.

The hijackable vehicles are all stationary and not active, so there's no risk in capturing them. This is an extremely easy achievement to get and you should get it the first playthrough. You can also get it in coop.

Pyromaniac

Objective: Single Player: Burn 50% of infantry in any Zone: Medium or Hard difficulty in one session.

Simply select your flamethrower by hitting LB or RB, and keep it for all the enemys that head towards you.

Ice Cold

Objective: Single Player: Freeze 50% of infantry in any Zone: Medium or Hard difficulty in one session.

Same as Pyromaniac, but with the Freeze gun...

First zone on medium is the best for these achievements. There's one small canyon where you have to walk on foot which might be tricky. I recommend to use the minigun for that small area, as using the flamethrower or ice cannon there is very difficult. You'll get the achievement instantly once you've killed 50% of the infantry with the weapon, you don't have to complete the entire zone. I got it about 75% into the level.

Assault Flags

Objective: Single Player: Collect all of the Flags scattered throughout the game.

While killing, go do some exploring. But at the moment Non have been seen, but feel free to ask around, we'll find them eventully.

(if locations are found, not sure if moderaters can edit this, if so, please add.)

There are 18 of these flags in total. I haven't completed singleplayer yet, but these seem very easy to spot. I haven't been forced to go out of the normal way to find any of them. When playing coop these flags give points and doesn't count toward the achievement.

Fearless

Reward: 20 Points

Objective: Single Player: Complete 3 sequential areas on foot: Medium or Hard difficulty in one session.

Press B to exit you vehicle, and run around shooting madly. Very difficault due to many tanks, watch-towers and air crafts.

This one is extremely difficult. I haven't found a good area for it yet. Tried a bit on the first zone and kept dying on the second area. Probably the hardest achievement in the game.

Escapist

Objective: Zone Battle: Defeat all spaceships in Areas 29 & 30: Medium or Hard difficulty in one session.

The most simplist way is to shoot like mad and dont let anything get past...

Laser Cannons work best i would think...

But so would misslies and the Tesla beam.

This is during the sequence where you fly inside the space station, laser cannons is your only selectable weapon (no tesla beam). It's extremely difficult to hit enemies with the laser cannons in this sequence, so I'd recommend using all of your missiles and nukes.

Smoothie Heroes

Objective: Co-op Campaign: Kill 100 infantry, one player freezes & the other shatters, on Hard in one session.

Have one player infront using the ice gun. Then have the other drive up and crush. Best method is to work Side to side, one player freezes the people on the other players side while the other protects his team mates left or right side.

The other player doesn't need to drive up to the frozen enemies. Shooting them with any gun is acceptable. Once one player has frozen 100 enemies and the other player has killed 100 frozen enemies, both players will get the achievement.

Underground Hunters

Objective: Co-Op Campaign: Finish all underground areas with the help of a friend: Medium or Hard difficulty.

Invade all underground area with a teammate. Often hard to do underground area, have one forward shooting and the other watching the rear...

If you fail an underground area, you can retry and then go enter the same underground area. (unlike in Assault Heroes 1 where you had to replay an entire zone if you failed an underground area)

+1 to Sectus...agree with everything you said.

There are 18 of these flags in total. I haven't completed singleplayer yet, but these seem very easy to spot. I haven't been forced to go out of the normal way to find any of them. When playing coop these flags give points and doesn't count toward the achievement.

As for the above, they don't get any harder to spot later on so you're correct. I finished this up the other night and didn't have a problem finding any of them. You should have all 18 prior to hitting the last few areas. There MIGHT have been one flag that I had to break some Jars to find, but I can't remember for sure. Other than that, I know for sure all of them were right where you can't miss them. Some of the weapon upgrades are trickier to find than the flags...

For Escapist, since it is a zone battle you have to start on Zone 6. Which is area 26. I would advise having a good partner and try your best not to die and save your nukes for level 29/30. If all goes well you'll have approx 13 nukes total. Use them for the big swarms of enemies if you think one might get pass. You will end up crashing, since you'll be bouncing off each other constantly so it's best to have a good amount of lives. When in doubt, just start hammering the right trigger. The achievement popped for us before we exited the tunnel.

F@ck this game... I tried couple of time get achv Pyromaniac... out of 679 kills I had 543 were done using freezer... i beat the whole zone... and BS no achievement...

Sounds like you are mixing two achievements in one. Make sure you go into the lair when attempting this. The achievement will pop as soon as you hit 50%.

Ice Cold: Popped after the first couple of mammoths.

Pyromaniac: Popped right before the unkillable mammoths.

Sounds like you are mixing two achievements in one. Make sure you go into the lair when attempting this. The achievement will pop as soon as you hit 50%.

Ice Cold: Popped after the first couple of mammoths.

Pyromaniac: Popped right before the unkillable mammoths.

Incorrect do not into the lair there are enough on the top world and this runs the risk of dying down there. The Lair is very hard without coop and I usually lose a couple of lives. I got Pyro around area 3 or 4.

Quick tip: when you see the little soldiers run away after it looks like they got hit, don't chase them. This is a death animation, so all human type units all die in one hit from Fire.

Well i'm certainly glad it unlocks achievements immediately (unlike the original Assult Heros which has you wait until the end of the zone). A couple notes.

For Assault Flags, wow these are easy as pie, the only one I think you could possibly miss is at the beginning of zone 2, behind a rock, just keep your eyes peeled and you'll find them all. There are 3 flags in every Zone (every 5 missions) so if you didn't get 3 in a zone go back and redo it to find them. There are 18 flags and the game indicates to you how many you have when you pick up a new one, if you pick up one you already have no indicator will appear.

Fearless definetly is the hardest achievement in the game. Thankfully, I can confirm that dying and then re-exiting your vehicle after you respawn will still allow you to get the achievement. I got it in the first 3 areas using up all of my lives. It's really about sheer concentration with respect to dodging enemy fire and moving forward slowly to trigger the least amount of enemies. Save your grenades and your nukes for the boss, you'll need them.

Edited by Steve007101