[Redacted]

SolidSnarf86

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"3) For the original Skylander's game, Activision released all the waves within a month of each other"

they dragged out releases for the original for over half a year

And they never released them in sensible quantities. Even now, guys like wham-shell are still a pain to get.

Also, they had a nasty habit of releasing figures in low quantities in single packs, then several weeks later, release them in mass quantities in 3 packs.

And they never released them in sensible quantities. Even now, guys like wham-shell are still a pain to get.

Also, they had a nasty habit of releasing figures in low quantities in single packs, then several weeks later, release them in mass quantities in 3 packs.

You can get Wham Shell in the $30 carry case at Toys R Us. They have plenty.

You can get Wham Shell in the $30 carry case at Toys R Us. They have plenty.

That still results in me paying $30 for a Wham Shell. More if I factor in that the nearest Toys-R-Us is 100 miles away.

I just want a Wham Shell at a decent price, but I don't want to pay a scalper's ransom or be forced into buying a glorified trapper keeper.

havent seen the legendary stealth elf at toys r us yet. It will probably be released on the 16th of november....its part of wave 2 just as hot dog, thumpback, nin jini. Alot of the toys r us released their wave 2 earlier than what they were suppose to. I work for toys r us and we have alot of boxes of skylanders, now some of those are series 1. Some of the stores not just toys r us are releasing the second part of wave 2 on the 16th of november as well as towards the end of the month wave 3....Manifests tell you almost everything.......I'll be there bright and early to get the rest of what Im looking for..........Ive got everything thats out so far so good luck to everyone and happy holidays.....

Edited by caseysrodeo13

Update on series 2 new character "chill variants"......the day after the launch I picked up the triple pack that had "chill" with the blue lips, there were also singles "chill" with blue lips. I didnt even pay attention to the variants until I read on line there was a difference. Today at my local gamestop I picked up "chill" with the red lips so there you go everyone. There is a variant........!

I cant believe I found one. I checked on ebay and found several where people were gouging the price way up....some as high as 500 dollars. I dont think the character is really worth that much. I did see a very few reasonably priced with free shipping....

any way thought I would share, happy Skylanders Giants hunting this weekend.....

havent seen the legendary stealth elf at toys r us yet. It will probably be released on the 16th of november....its part of wave 2 just as hot dog, thumpback, nin jini. Alot of the toys r us released their wave 2 earlier than what they were suppose to. I work for toys r us and we have alot of boxes of skylanders, now some of those are series 1. Some of the stores not just toys r us are releasing the second part of wave 2 on the 16th of november as well as towards the end of the month wave 3....Manifests tell you almost everything.......I'll be there bright and early to get the rest of what Im looking for..........Ive got everything thats out so far so good luck to everyone and happy holidays.....

I just called my local TRU store and they were kind of cryptic as to what was really being released tomm. 11/16. When I asked about wave 3 I did not get a no or we have no information and they went on to say that it is one of two possibilities:

1. They are releasing wave 3 either tomm. on 11/16 to coincide with the Wii U launch.

or

2. That the wave 3 figures will be released on or around 11/30 because Activision is not that dumb to release anything on Black Friday and cause a mass panic and problems.

When I asked how the salesperson said they had this information they real quietly said shipping manifests and then hung up. It is like they were not supposed to say anything or something. All I know is that TRU has an exclusive contract with Activision that they get all the new wave characters before any other store gets them. That has proved true in my area as TRU has received all characters at least 1-2 weeks before any other stores. So there is a tid bit of info. Also if you look at the skylanders club house you can find out all of the wave 3 characters.

They are:

Giant Eye Brawl

Giant Scarlet Ninjini

Giant Ninjini

Royal Double Trouble

Legendary Chill (TRU)

Legendary Stealth Elf (TRU)

Hot Dog

Molten Hot Dog

Polar Whirlwind

Jade Flashwing

Speculations:

Spyro

Wrecking Ball

Lightning Rod

Well the new wii came out around the first week of November,.... I went TRU this morning and there were no new skylanders on the racks.....I work there and we got a new shipment in this past tuesday? go figure......anyway I spoke with one of our managers and apparently TRU isnt going to release any new skylanders at my store until Thanksgiving day at 8pm......makes no sense and I work there,.....oh I work there but Im treated no differently on purchases so I have to wait like everyone else...totally blows....

True it does, I was thinking of the gnarly tree rex with the baby blue wii console.....sorry about that. Im still hoping that at least my store will release earlier than turkey day.....We have new skylanders they just wont release them. I'll be there bright and early sunday just to make sure. Im unloading trucks tonite {saturday} so I'll be checking all the boxes as they some off the truck or trucks....alot of the stuff coming off the trucks are meant for blk friday so we will see. I'll keep everyone as up to date as possible.....

Just to share gamestop is doing a exclusive on buy two skylander giant characters and get the third for free......of course you have to have a power rewards membership with the code. It ends november the 20th.....

Once again good skylander hunting this weekend!

Hit TRU this morning...nothing new out accept collector cards....The cards are pretty cool, my daughter will love them....I'll attempt to keep everyone posted.

Just a reminder walmart likes to release things right after midnite.....so maybe someone will get lucky and buy a wiiu skylanders giants starter pack and be able to pick up either the rest of wave 2 or the beginning of wave 3 characters....who knows right? LOL...

Well everyone I helped put out the new legendary stealth elf early this morning {TRU}. Left work went home changed clothes went back up there to buy LSE and "bam" they wouldnt let me buy it because the street date is the 22nd of November, so I helped them take all 6 cases back down off the shelf.... Turkey day.....totally blows......Now Ive got to wait until then...hopefully then I'll be able to pick up the rest of wave 2 and wave 3......thought I'd share......