This game made me open my eyes...

Ive been a huge call of duty fan since the games first started coming out for xbox. i have wasted 1000's of hours online and have enjoyed how good i consider myself to the majority of the people who play call of duty.. well, due to alil extra cash in my pocket, my brother and i decided to pick this game up.. and well, i sucked at it, yet i was excited. the style in which i played first person shooters was based soley around call of duty gameplay. i love this game, its IN MY OWN OPINION the most realistic you can get in a first person shooter. the first time i went 42-13 on this game in squad deathmatch i got so excited, in which games in the call of duty era, that was a norm for me. i know im babbling on and ii know im going to catch some heat from people who like to talk shit on these forums but i want to make it known that call of duty can KISS MY ASS and i refuse to buy another one as long as they continue to make battlefield games..

thank you

Kinda what happened to me a couple years back dude. :)

The demo's for the BF games always seemed a bit dull so I avoided the games & stuck to grinding prestige in CoD. Then I wanted to beat a rented BFBC1 for gamerscore & tried out the MP for a laugh, I thought it was amazing (especially compared to that 'same ol' CoD) & never went back!

Choppers! Quads! Real Sniping! Games that can last 30+ mins with no damn lobbies!?!?! OH YEAH! :p

I wish I could say the same as you guys. I love modern FPS shooters (aka BF and CoD), but for some reason, I just have never enjoyed BF's MP as much as I have CoD's. I am not a fanboy of either series, it may be the class system. I really enjoy the customization that CoD offers over BF.

I feel as if BF's MP has more camping than CoD (which I cant comprehend how that may be possible). Almost every game I went in to on BF BC 2 majority of people were just using sniper rifles; my team and the other team. Also, I am not a fan of 30+ minute matches. I just like to play my 10 minute or less TDM or the occasional CTF.

From a realism perspective, BF owns CoD in that aspect.

Also, the majority of my friends in reality and on XBL prefer CoD over BF.

I have seen a lot of COD vs BC threads and arguments in the past...when I first started gaming it was mainly GTA..and well really that was it. Outside of that L4D was my first game, and then I bought COD because there was so much praise about it. I played the campaign, which I enjoyed but I could never get into the multiplayer, I just didn't like it. I then picked up BC and all I did was play that online...I can't honestly tell you what it is or why I love the BC online but not the COD and I don't have a hate on for COD, but when I buy them now it is just for the campaign.

I wish I could say the same as you guys. I love modern FPS shooters (aka BF and CoD), but for some reason, I just have never enjoyed BF's MP as much as I have CoD's. I am not a fanboy of either series, it may be the class system. I really enjoy the customization that CoD offers over BF.

I feel as if BF's MP has more camping than CoD (which I cant comprehend how that may be possible). Almost every game I went in to on BF BC 2 majority of people were just using sniper rifles; my team and the other team. Also, I am not a fan of 30+ minute matches. I just like to play my 10 minute or less TDM or the occasional CTF.

From a realism perspective, BF owns CoD in that aspect.

Also, the majority of my friends in reality and on XBL prefer CoD over BF.

i do know what you mean. all of my friends play call of duty (95% of my friends list is people i know in real life) and they bitch at me when i dont play cod with them haha.. and regarding the camping concept, i do agree there are some people that just post up and never move, but battlefield doesnt allow you to just run down the middle of the street like cod, geting shot from all over the place and somehow living while taking a couple of them out. i cant stand shooting at someone and yet somehow they are able to knife me and kill me.. that is honestly so irritating. in battlefield its almost as tho you are required to post up, to check the buildings or areas surrounding your objective... or you will get owned lol

i will say this about battlefield tho, im not a huge fan of geting sniped with a shotgun... lol thats pretty annoying not going to lie

I have seen a lot of COD vs BC threads and arguments in the past...when I first started gaming it was mainly GTA..and well really that was it. Outside of that L4D was my first game, and then I bought COD because there was so much praise about it. I played the campaign, which I enjoyed but I could never get into the multiplayer, I just didn't like it. I then picked up BC and all I did was play that online...I can't honestly tell you what it is or why I love the BC online but not the COD and I don't have a hate on for COD, but when I buy them now it is just for the campaign.

Im the same way....I like the CoD campaigns, but LOVE the BF multiplayer.:woop:

This was me as well :)

I picked up BFBC after never properly owning a Battlefield game (due to owning a shitty computer) but playing many at internet cafes etc. I fell in love with Call of Duty 2 and 4 but upon Bad Company 1's release i played it for hours. I still miss the 'End of the Line' level from BC1 as it had so much variety and action.

Never the less just like everyone i rode the Call of Duty train but made an oath to pick up BC2, at first i didnt enjoy it that much especially since MW2 was released around the same time but ill find myself constantly coming back to it just from the thrill of blowing up a tank or tagging a helicopter with a tracking beacon then quickly firing a RPG at it to see a beautiful display of fireworks.

I can now finally say that i am a huge fan of BOTH series now, and i love that both exist and will continue to hope to 'best' each other and improve upon themselves. Call of Duty is an arcade, fast-paced shooter and it succeeds amazingly at being that; Battlefield is a realistic (to a degree) tactical, vehicle and objective based game that strives on teamwork.

Welcome to Battlefield!

i do know what you mean. all of my friends play call of duty (95% of my friends list is people i know in real life) and they bitch at me when i dont play cod with them haha.. and regarding the camping concept, i do agree there are some people that just post up and never move, but battlefield doesnt allow you to just run down the middle of the street like cod, geting shot from all over the place and somehow living while taking a couple of them out. i cant stand shooting at someone and yet somehow they are able to knife me and kill me.. that is honestly so irritating. in battlefield its almost as tho you are required to post up, to check the buildings or areas surrounding your objective... or you will get owned lol

i will say this about battlefield tho, im not a huge fan of geting sniped with a shotgun... lol thats pretty annoying not going to lie

Probably one of the biggest exploits in CoD history:

MW2- Lightweight Pro, Marathon Pro, and Commando Pro with USP 45 and Tactical Knife. Biggest joke in FPS gaming history. Also, stopping power was another mistake as a perk. BLops did a lot of things right and I am just hoping that MW3 follows in suit.

I am sure that I will eventually do my usual switch for a little while, but it probably wont be in to 2012 if I actually give BF3 a shot.

i don't want to start an argument but i borrowed this game and don't get me wrong the multiplayers decent, if i was to be honest the singleplayer was terrible.

As for the multiplayer it was good but the recons on the game piss me off and i think it just ruins it for me so i prefer COD. Yea there are snipers on COD but the big maps really don't help, but i like the idea but i guess it doesn't feel right to me.

Ive been a huge call of duty fan since the games first started coming out for xbox. i have wasted 1000's of hours online and have enjoyed how good i consider myself to the majority of the people who play call of duty.. well, due to alil extra cash in my pocket, my brother and i decided to pick this game up.. and well, i sucked at it, yet i was excited. the style in which i played first person shooters was based soley around call of duty gameplay. i love this game, its IN MY OWN OPINION the most realistic you can get in a first person shooter. the first time i went 42-13 on this game in squad deathmatch i got so excited, in which games in the call of duty era, that was a norm for me. i know im babbling on and ii know im going to catch some heat from people who like to talk shit on these forums but i want to make it known that call of duty can KISS MY ASS and i refuse to buy another one as long as they continue to make battlefield games..

thank you

MAN!!! YOU were in the same boat as me!!! I put so much time int oCOD and one day, me and my roommate decided to pick up this game. I knew i was good at FPs however I got my butt kicked all night long!! However, I was so immersed. I couldn't believe how much different a first person shooter could be. Yet this was so much better! When I finally got good, and understood the techniques requred to win, I couldn't put it down. COD just got so mindless and ruiteen for me!! I would start a game, and just do my thing, not changing my technique adn when the game ended I would feel like I was going through the motions!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't believe I only got this game a few months ago. I bought this from my CoD obsessed friend for $20 because he hated it and wanted to buy another one of those stupid CoD addons. (Well, at the time it wasn't stupid to me because I was obsessed with CoD) I played the campaign, and I thought it was pretty awesome. It was short, but AMAZING while it lasted. I don't see why everyone seems to hate it. Anyways, after I finished campaign I tried out the multiplayer, and like every converted CoD player, I sucked. I played for a few hours getting owned then went back to CoD for about a week or so. I was bored so I was like, "hell, I'll try that other FPS again" this time, I did decent. And I realized that this game was freaking AMAZING! I've only played CoD once since, and it was only a few games to compare.

WHY DID I NOT GET THIS GAME EARLIER?!! My friends all make fun of me because I never play CoD with them, and apparently Battlefield is for nerds who can't "quickscope".

Tl;dr

Yo CoD I'm happy for you and Imma let you finish, but Battlefield is the best FPS of all time! OF ALL TIME!

I used to be a cod guy myself and im not gonna lie, i was pretty good but after getting into bfbc2 a year ago, ive been so much happier playing that then cod. Ive put more then 100 hours into this game and wont ever regret it. I love everything about the multiplayer gameplay, it just feels right not like cod.. it used to be fun but now its dead, I cant even play the game anymore, zombies is the only thing thats kind of fun but i still find boring. Also I think its hilarious that there only vehicle is a jeep and they try to put so much hype on it when bfbc2 has helicopters, tanks, boats, and jeeps. Really lookin forward to flyin a jet in BF3.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...