Pretty sure "Gold Medal Champion Spring 2011" achieve is just glitched

mugginyouoff

Based on the fact that the top 25% are supposed to get the gold medal (tells you this in the game). We are all gettting -1 and not even a bronze medal, seems unlikely.

3 people have the achieve on trueachievements, the dates are timestamped March 15/16th which is before you could even play Texas Heat. They either cheated or it for some reason unlocked for them when they downloaded the add-on.

I looked at the winner of the last EXP boards profile and messaged him, he didn't get the achievement. Someone should post the winner(s) of the next event if they remember cause I doubt i'm gonna play until I know it works.

edit: It works now! It either doesn't unlock in beginners nights or Microsoft fixed it.

Edited by mugginyouoff

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend got a review copy and a he got all three DLC achievements last weekend during the event open to reviewers.

There were only 19 people playing but it was obtainable for him.

Seems really odd then that no one is getting them since the official release, I mean if the person who got the gold medal in the results screen didn't unlock them then I doubt anyone did.

The trueachievements recent winners list has updated either so don't know if anyone got it on there we could message

WAIT nevermind he unlocked the 5 million achievement NOT THE GOLD MEDAL. This is achievement is glitched for sure then because at the end of the session it stated he won a gold medal for the most EXP and I saw it with my own eyes, but he did not unlock the achievement.

Edited by goodwood9999
spelling

WAIT nevermind he unlocked the 5 million achievement NOT THE GOLD MEDAL. This is achievement is glitched for sure then because at the end of the session it stated he won a gold medal for the most EXP and I saw it with my own eyes, but he did not unlock the achievement.

Yeah Puck Yeah definitely won it, looks like it's glitched

Time to play for fun until it's fixed then :p

Yeah Puck Yeah definitely won it, looks like it's glitched

Time to play for fun until it's fixed then :p

Agreed. Both Puck Yeah and SiMpLy NoiR (me) earned them this afternoon and tonight respectively. We talked on live for a bit and we figured that it has to be glitched because when we won it it said we didn't even win top XP on our screens though our friends in our party said we did.

And it's really disappointing too because I had a really hot streak when I got it. Don't know if I can do that again...

Has anyone who is Level 10 or lower managed to get what should've been a Gold, and it didn't unlock? I have the achievement myself, but I got it the week before the game officially went on sale (via a review copy), and now suddenly all I get (like everyone else) is a "Rank -1." That is not a normal rank, and I'm wondering if maybe that's just what everyone above Level 10 are going to get during these Beginner's Night things.

Agreed. Both Puck Yeah and SiMpLy NoiR (me) earned them this afternoon and tonight respectively. We talked on live for a bit and we figured that it has to be glitched because when we won it it said we didn't even win top XP on our screens though our friends in our party said we did.

And it's really disappointing too because I had a really hot streak when I got it. Don't know if I can do that again...

I don't think i'll even be trying to unlock it again lol. That kind of streak will be pretty impossible to replicate.

Hmmm... Well I guess it being glitched is better than us thinking it was simply absurdly hard to get. Gives us a chance at getting it when they fix it.

I think the fact nobody was even getting bronze or silver medals pretty much underlined the fact that Heat is broken.

After the round you get the message:

"Sorry, no metal this time!"

Under that it says:

[15% table chips payout]

[15,000 XP]

I thought as long as you got 15% of total table chips AND 15,000 XP you got it, I've gotten both, just never in the same game.

On the total chips I assumed it was 15% of starting chips plus buy-ins (i.e. 10 people x 250,000=2,500,000; plus say 4 new people to table, 4 x 250,000, another million; 3.5 million total x 15% of table chips = 525,000) If you get 525k chip AND 15,000 XP it's yours right? If not, why the message?

Look at Annihil88torr's video above at 9:01

Edited by Guilty Again

It looks to me that it is glitched,OR that it does not unlock on the beginner nights.

I think we should just forget about the achievement just now and just focus on getting some XP for the lvl 50 achievement.

On Saturday,when it changes,we will see if it now unlocks,If not,then someone could try contacting Xbox.