Don't you people with high gamerscore have lives?!

ApochWeiss

Car accident was what got me most of my achievements. Couldn't do much aside from lay on the couch, so after I got bored with reading, I started achievement hunting. Hunting has fallen off, though, now that I have to look for work to get back into the workforce. Also, need money to buy games, since I am being a completionist these days.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CSI is a kiddy game? And if you think all "kiddy" games are easy you could not be more mistaken.

agreed... i <3 kiddis games (shit did i say that)

some of them are so fuffin boring!

like shit i give respect to the people who actually sit thought the shittyness of games like that!

i'd rather experiance this than some kids games :(

http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy133/RoyalXS/Escalator_Fail.gif

I'm a junior in high school, so this is my typical weekday:

6:20-Wake Up

6:50-3:00-School

3:00-5:00-Video Games

5:00-7:00-Dinner and Homework

7:00-11:00-More Homework or Video Games

11:00-6:20-Sleep

My weekend varies a bit more since that is when I hang out with my friends.

I'm set to be valedictorian of my school, so school usually comes first to me. When I do have the time, I play video games, not go on the internet or watch tv. Most of my score came from the two GSL's in which I competed. Therefore, my score came in spurts, not a steady growth from consistent playtime.

Really the only thing standing in one's way to high gamerscore is a full time job.

If you can cut that out or go to part time then the sky is the limit.

I go to school full time and I'm married with a kid. Since I am only going to school and have a sugar momma things work out nicely as far as gamerscore goes.

I'm a house husband but instead of watching soaps I've just replaced that time with getting achievements.

4 GSL's can help also.;)

I just have one question... What necessarily defines having a life between having no life?

Brain Activity.

like shit i give respect to the people who actually sit thought the shittyness of games like that!

Double Agreed. Also just because we 100%'d A "easy" game doesn't mean we did it solely for gamerscore.

In my opinion if you PLAY Avatar for more then five seconds, and DON'T have all the achievements. You weren't really playing.

I 100%'d LOST: Via Domus, but I liked that game quite a lot and was sad when it was over.

I wouldn't say people with high gamerscores have "No Life" They obviously do otherwise they couldn't play the game. But they're either quite good or have a lot of free time. Gaming (And achievement whoring/hunting) is a hobby just like sports or coin collecting, and some people have crazy collections.

I wouldn't say mine is particularly high, but of the friends I actually know, its the highest. I've had my 360 since release but only really started caring about completion in the last 2-3 years. I'm a PhD student so my time is fairly flexible but I dont game regularly. I generally have waves of high output followed by lulls where i pursue other hobbies and whatnot. Also, my gamerscore would no doubt be higher if I could afford to buy every and any game that piqued my interest even remotely. But I dont, so I buy a few big titles a year and they generally last me a long time.

What was the question again?

I admit I've played some kid games, but if they suck I don't struggle with them. MAYBE on an off day when I'm THAT bored I will, but I mostly play games I like. The only games I played solely for points that are retail are Fuzion Frenzy 2, Avatar, Backyard Football 2010, Hannah Montana and Cars, only because they were so easy and I was SO freakin' bored. So, yeah, easy 5000 to the score there. However, everything else was somewhat enjoyable. Up was a surprisingly fun game, and Where The Wild Things Are was enjoyable as well, but was too glitchy for my tastes (youtube.com/apochweiss for video of it).

Now, I admit that if I get VERY bored I'll go to the arcade and grab a game for some quick points. But I'm sure some of us have done it when we had a spare $10 haha.

I mostly play games I like, I have stuck a few games in that I did NOT want to play but ended up enjoying, Lips for example. I am very open minded when it comes to games, and can more or less enjoy anything, I am the same with movies, and sometimes music. I don't regret any kids games I have on my card at all, as I have actually enjoyed most of them lol. I have a healthy mix of insane 1000s and easy 1000s, so any negativity I brush away as I play for my own sense of accomplishment, not to impress others. I have a daughter (11) who also has her own console, so time to time I steal her games for points as well lol.

I am disabled so have plenty of time to play, although I class this as a bad thing! I have owned my console for about 2 years now.

• 2 weeks later...

Been on my Xbox for 2 years now and only have just over 12000 gamerscore. The big thing for me is simply lack of games, I only get a few games a year, namely the big titles such as the newest COD. Im in high school with a part time job however im responsible with my money so I don't waste it on a bunch of games. Having a game like MW2 has keep me busy for days and days of game time, yet only a little bit of gamerscore. For me fun>gamerscore, why waste money for little numbers if I won't have any fun with it.

I have a good paying job so i don't have to work all the time which allows me to do other things in my free time I admit I did get hooked on achievement whoring but I kind of settle down now as xbox is a pos and I'm going to take a vacation soon so id rather save my money than give it away

I own an Xbox for 3 and half years now, only have 15k gs, and played 34 games. The reason that my gs is so low is because I've gamed on my pc for a long time. Not really a cheevo whore, only try to get full (or a lot) gs on games that i really like.

I've had my xbox for around 4 yrs probably, was full time at college and now Im a nursing student at uni, so we work a full time week as well as doing assignments and the like.

I have had a few operations in recent years so I have used it as boredom-relief lol (she says sitting here with her leg in plaster :p) but even so I do try to compete my games properly- I have got loads that I would like to finish!

It does annoy me when people have a seriously high score but they have only played like a hour of a game and then moves onto the next one- their scores have added up by loads of 50 points here, 30 points there.

Ok so my score isnt high because i stopped playing a long time ago but back when i played a lot it was fairly high, and I had a child at home, I used to get up at 7 see to my kid all day and then when they went to bed at 7 i'd game from then until 5am, so id get 2 hours sleep i was majorly screwed up, just one of the many reasons I gave in playing!

i think it's hilarious how people makes these topics. It's painfully obvious you are a hater who doesn't have skills to match up to the others. I play when i can if i have time, my other gamertag has a score of 8000, so what? Does the score mean anything? Do you get a free lunch with it? no.

Kind of surprised it isn't shut down yet, months ago these topics didn't get more than 10 responses before the locksmith came trolling by. oh well