Hardest A Rank ?

ScottHarris

What was everyone's hardest A rank ?

Mine was Cosmic Wall Hard mode, took me ages to get 100,000 points, very annoying level.

I thought Cannon's Core was going to be the hardest but it actually is a pretty easy level. It helps that when you complete a certain characters level you get to keep their points if you die. :)

I also remember Biolizard being a lot more difficult, i used to have problems hitting it when it fires those little red ball things at you. :p

Final Rush, mission 1&4. So many instances where I swear I fell THROUGH a rail. Such a broken level for me.

I thought the same thing, but with Final Chase's Gravity. It was dumb :/

Once I found the good places to jump (also the placement of the gold beetle) it was ok. It was the last stage I did for all A-Ranks.

Definitely the space levels with Sonic and Shadow. And I remember too many times falling through rails. I also disliked the driving stages where you couldn't hit walls and had to beat hard mode which was where you were incredibly pressed for time. Nothing bugged the crap out'a me more than on Tail's level you see the prez's car but you need just one more second to beat it.

Personally I had more trouble with Cosmic Wall regular than Hard mode. The extra enemies really helped out.

I guess another level worth mentioning, was Pyramid Cave on hard mode. Wasn't the hardest, but it was difficult, due to ghosts always bouncing around to mess you up on the key A rank areas.

That was probably the most frustrating for me as well. Having to drop and pick up the key was annoying because you basically had to stop moving to grab the key again without somersaulting, and then throwing the damn thing was bad too because half the time Sonic would throw it downward.

Well I got all A-RANKS on the GameCube, but I thought Crazy Gadget, Mad Space, and Final Chase/Final Rush were the hardest.

Crazy Gadget was just...ugh...on hard mode, especially since I kept dying on that last part with the FisherPrice blocks.

As for Mad Space, I was never great at Rouge's missions, and I just found that stage to be extremely frustrating.

For Final Chase/Final Rush, it just took me forever to get enough points to meet the A-RANK criteria.

That's... a hard one for me to answer.

I more or less tackled the missions from left-to-right on the map on the GCN version. Now I'm tackling the missions in story order.

I don't know which one for me was the hardest, per say, but I can say the following were a BITCH to A-Rank:

Radical Highway - Missions 1, 4, and 5 - for some reason, I often was about 1000-2000 points short.

Route 101 and 280 - Every friggin' mission, ESPECIALLY Mission 4. You know, the one that makes you restart if you barely scrape any wall.:mad:

Knuckles' and Rouge's Mission 4's - Especially on the ARK. Don't like the random aspect with a time limit. I found Hard Mode to be the easier mission since the objects you search for are always in the same place.

Tails' and Eggman's Mission 4's - Well, they were until I got used to the slower movement.

I'd say that's about it, A-Rank wise.

• 2 months later...

Almost have all the A-ranks done, but from what I've played so far breaks down like this:

Sonic: Crazy Gadget (hate this level the most, nothing worst then finally getting to the last part of the level only to miss a ledge or make a bad jump that causes you to be sucked out into space)

Shadow: Final Chase (only applies to hard mode: the gravity drums can be kinda wonky at times and the artificial chaos in certain spots are a real pain in the ass)

Knuckles: all them were pretty easy except some slight hiccups on meteor herd

Rouge: Mad Space (2nd most hated level, the gravity on this level keep messing things up especially on hard where the camera and controls decided to flip and become unresponsive under the spherical planet)

Tails & Eggman: None, these ones were fun and relatively easy only some of them I had to play over again

about 9 A-ranks from being all the way done, hope to be done soon

Edited by Angrym0nkey

• 1 month later...

My last A rank was hard mode for Cosmic Wall. It wasn't so much that it was a hard level, but it was an incredibly long level. Somehow I managed to get all 461 rings on it. I was shocked when it said "perfect."

But I really despise Knuckles and Rouge levels. My roommate, however, is really good at them so he did them. I never liked those levels as a kid and I still don't like them. The Sonic and Shadow levels are way more fun and even the Tails/Eggman ones are decent.

• 4 weeks later...

Crazy gadget, mission 4

Because of that this is the hardest game in history, theres no game that even close to this hellish insanity

Sega wants you to suffer, and they have feelings of intense hatred to you, thats why they made this level

Seriously this is more insane than beating all halo levels on mythic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Crazy gadget, mission 4

Because of that this is the hardest game in history, theres no game that even close to this hellish insanity

Sega wants you to suffer, and they have feelings of intense hatred to you, thats why they made this level

This achievement is impossible....

Come on you two, it's not that bad :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hard..... thats a hard one to say XD I completed the ori gamecube ver a long time ago so playing this again wasn't that hard. The kart ones were hard to me before. SO was cosmic wall. But this time, cosmic wall hard mode was the easiest one here. Weird how things change

• 4 weeks later...

I always thought Rouge's Final level's timed mission was the hardest A rank. I never had many problems with the Sonic/Shadow stages and the Tails/Eggman ones were simple enough once you learned where to combo on each stage, but the randomness added in with that particular level's confusing layout and the time limit? Ouch, that was the reason I never got all A ranks back on the GameCube version of this game.

• 1 year later...
Crazy gadget, mission 4

This achievement is impossible....

Come on you two, it's not that bad :p

Yeah Scott, I haven't done Crazy gadget 4 (at least in 12 years) but when I get to it...I'm sure it will be frustrating but if I could beat it as a kid, I can beat it now. There are far worse games difficulty wise than Sonic Adventure 2. Mainly Rage games (Super Meat Boy, Cloudberry Kingdom, N+...). Have a crack at those ;>_>

Now...as for my own list...nothing too bad as of yet. Any difficulty I've had in levels so far are stupid mistakes mainly. Radical Highway 4 was a bitch, until I got a hang of it and suddenly it was easy. The racing missions were a pain as Tails and Rouge but nothing incredibly frustrating...

I was having a hell of a time with Final Rush, mainly because I'm a perfectionist so the moment I don't do something I like I kept restarting ;>_> and that bloody rail for Mission 3...

Still quite a lot ahead for me. If I somehow did this over a decade ago, I can do it again. Probably easier now...though I did have some flashbacks of frustration...

• 2 months later...