How metropolis King works?

I started the game on serious difficult and now i just arrived to metropolis and i died like 3 times, so the game loaded the autosave part.

That means the achievement will not unlock?, and i just have to do that level selecting the map from the game menu? :eek:.

Or loading the autosave doesnt count like loading?

I started the game on serious difficult and now i just arrived to metropolis and i died like 3 times, so the game loaded the autosave part.

That means the achievement will not unlock?, and i just have to do that level selecting the map from the game menu? :eek:.

Or loading the autosave doesnt count like loading?

I don't THINK that loading the autosave will affect the achievement. Just press :bbut: and check in Stats and see if it says that you haven't loaded.

If you die over and over and over, it won't disable the achievement because YOU aren't loading anything, the game is. Now if you quit and load the autosave, or you save somewhere and die, it will. Just make sure to check the stats screen if you are still unsure.

• 1 month later...
If you die over and over and over, it won't disable the achievement because YOU aren't loading anything, the game is. Now if you quit and load the autosave, or you save somewhere and die, it will. Just make sure to check the stats screen if you are still unsure.

I just unlocked Metropolis King and I would like to confirm that when the game automatically loads your quicksave after you die it's impossible to gain the achievement. I tested this one of my fail runs. I had an autosave, died, game automatically loaded, and I beat the level. No dice!

I did gain the achievement my next run when I made it through without getting killed. :)

• 4 weeks later...

i find this kinda tough. i tried to do what he does on the video in the guide, but i dont know how he has so much life to rocket jump over the walls and not kill himself.

is it a good idea to play the level before metropolis to get the guns as in the video and save right b4 you enter metropolis? if so will it work if i die and reload that save?

i find this kinda tough. i tried to do what he does on the video in the guide, but i dont know how he has so much life to rocket jump over the walls and not kill himself.

is it a good idea to play the level before metropolis to get the guns as in the video and save right b4 you enter metropolis? if so will it work if i die and reload that save?

It's not a bad idea, that's what I tried. Actually I made a point to save to my MU there as well in case I wanted to come back to it later. There's a secret +100 heart near the end of the Sewers level you can back-track to (it's down a long tunnel underwater by the stairs that lead you below and the frogs jump you). I ended up with 100 armor and 133 health, but it could have been more if I was more careful. It's a little better than 100/100 when you start the level from scratch.

When Metropolis starts, I move to the back-right corner using my lasers on everything I see. Take out the green things on the pillars and get up to the upper level. Then I rocket-jump over the back wall (grabbing the +25 armor first) and then go around. You don't have to do this fast, take your time even though it feels crazy as soon as the level starts. There are 2 green things on pillars, 2 skeleton minotaurs, one of those torso things, and 2 red-shirt dudes that start on the level above you. Those red-shirts are the biggest immediate threat. The one on the right side is a real bastard, but he's hard to kill fast enough to come back and deal with the skeletons before they rip you up.

When you start up the ramp, another skeleton spawns and a blue-shirt rocket guy in front of you. Far behind you 2 more green things spawn on pillars (but only the left one is an immediate threat). You can kill the left one from the ramp or floor by jumping and firing. Going back up the ramp sometimes another skeleton spawns, but not always. There's a red-shirt in the corner to your right and a blue-shirt directly to your right. Once those are all done you're free to grab that +25 armor and rocket-jump over the back wall as I mentioned before. Once you're up here the 2nd (right) green thing will be visible and he'll start hurling green orbs at you. Take him out.

If you want the cannon (and you do) take the 2nd trampoline as shown in that video under the "Very Easy Way". As soon as you land in the street, don't move too much because that spawn the enemies. Try to open the wall from where you land (or slightly to the left of it) by firing rockets. Once that's open, haul ass! Lasers (or minigun) and running backwards will help. As soon as you grab the Cannon hit LB (because it'll auto-equip the cannon) two times to switch to the Rocket Launcher and jump over the wall right there. If you do you you'll be thrilled, trust me!

I got it tonight and it felt amazing :)

Edited by pinata242

• 2 months later...

I found out that you can use "custom difficulty" to have infinite ammo on. This does not affect the achievement, so once you've got the cannon you're fine. In the final arena, unless you rocket jump onto a wall, the fight with the Kleers can still be tough even with infinite ammo!

If you want the cannon (and you do) take the 2nd trampoline as shown in that video under the "Very Easy Way". As soon as you land in the street, don't move too much because that spawn the enemies. Try to open the wall from where you land (or slightly to the left of it) by firing rockets. Once that's open, haul ass!

You don't have to fight your way to the cannon at all. ;)

Before using the jump pad equip a heavy weapon and try to hit the jump pad only slightly on the side. During your jump try to stear against your direction of momentum. If you manage it right you land on the houses on the left side of the street. Behind those houses is a path you can use to get all the way back to the secret area. You won't trigger any enemies on this path. :)