• Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    • Call of Duty: World at War
    • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to go with CoD2. It was my first Xbox 360 game, even though I still played a lot of Halo 2 after launch haha. I know CoD1 was the original, without which there would be no CoD as we know it, but 2 was the standard bearer. After 2 came out, people were hooked on Call of Duty, an rightfully so. Still to this day I wish they would've stuck to the original forumula. If they took CoD2's multiplayer engine and added custom classes, it would be the perfect game for me. I'm against vehicle combat in competitive FPS games (which is why I don't like Battlefield) and I've been against killstreak rewards and perks from day 1.

Also, a lot of people may disagree with me on this, but back when there weren't any perks/killstreak rewards, everyone was on an equal playing field with the pre-set loadouts and it made for a much more engaging experience. CoD3 maintained some of that feel, but the game was tarnished by the addition of tanks, cars and motorcycles. Also, there's a feeling you get from the WW2 games that you just can't get from "modern warfare"-style games. It felt more rustic and really drew you in. And, you also learned something from time-to-time haha. I know people complain about WW2 games being overdone, but I'm craving one after not having one in so friggin long.

I had to go with CoD2.

For me, it was close between Call of Duty 2 and World at War. I have well over 700 hours online in the game. Got it in February of 2006 and still play it most days. It's an amazing game. I think the reason World at War won me over is because of the ranking. That definitely changes my view on multiplayer. It's always more fun when you have ranks, weapons and attachments to go for.

I bet 90% of the people who didn't pick CoD4 didn't get it as their first Call of Duty game.

I purchased and played every Call of Duty the day it was released for the Xbox 360 (yes, I got Call of Duty 2 and my 360 the day they came out) and I still pick Call of Duty: World at War over MW any day. I even would have picked Call of Duty 2 over MW1. I just wasn't a huge fan of it.

I bet 90% of the people who didn't pick CoD4 didn't get it as their first Call of Duty game.

I started out with the big red one one on the regular xbox and played cod 2 on microsoft campus before xbox 360 came out. I was so amazed by the graphics then. Call of duty 4 was the very first game I couldnt put down for the online play. I never was a halo player. World at war wasnt that good at first but I soon couldnt get enough of it. MW2, couldnt stand it. Blops is good but I had to go with world as war as the best one.