Pinger trueachievements.com [78.129.202.35] med 32 byte data:

Svar fra 78.129.202.35: byte=32 tid=78ms TTL=119

Svar fra 78.129.202.35: byte=32 tid=77ms TTL=119

Svar fra 78.129.202.35: byte=32 tid=77ms TTL=119

Svar fra 78.129.202.35: byte=32 tid=78ms TTL=119

pretty sure it will come back

but what's going on with 360voice.com?

Edited by mortug

How often is 360voice down for maintenance?

Not often, but they had something clog up the daily tasks last week, so there hasn't been an update in 8 days now. If you read their forums, it is kind of amusing to see the long time members rant.

The leaderboards on TA are inaccurate?

By region, yes. They rely on self declaration of where you live to determine the regional leaderboard that you should be on. They also have such a small fraction of the gaming community. It might be an accurate placement of where you are in the scorewhore community, though. Kind of like how the x360a leaderboards are an accurate placement of where you are in relation to other active members of x360a.

And there is no official gamerscore website. Xbox America and Trueachievements are the primary source for leaderboard positions.

Actually, every gamertag that is signed into live gets put on the leaderboards for MyGamercard.net, so that is probably the most accurate. Some 3.5 million people on that leaderboard. Can't speak with any authority on XBox America, though.

The talk at PAX was that TrueAchievements may run into trouble soon. They skim the XBox feeds without Microsoft's permission, and Microsoft may just block all the IPs coming from TA one day. Then again, XBox.com is still running as slow as ever, so it might be back soon.

It's an awesome site and they've really improved it hugely since I first joined.

This is the message left on the site's Twitter:

"Loads of Disk errors on my SQL box, site's going to be up and down a bit until I can resolve, sorry!."

@KillerBEA- You can 'force' it to scan twice a day by clicking the button on your profile page, there's no need to wait for an automatic scan.

The talk at PAX was that TrueAchievements may run into trouble soon. They skim the XBox feeds without Microsoft's permission, and Microsoft may just block all the IPs coming from TA one day. Then again, XBox.com is still running as slow as ever, so it might be back soon.

MS gave TA an Xbox Community Developer license last year...

Also one would have to be an unintelligent drunk to think that 360voice is better than TA. Since GamerDNA's acquisition of it, I'm almost certain they've REMOVED more features than they've added. Either removed or let sit there completely broken (like genre badges).

Not often, but they had something clog up the daily tasks last week, so there hasn't been an update in 8 days now. If you read their forums, it is kind of amusing to see the long time members rant.

By region, yes. They rely on self declaration of where you live to determine the regional leaderboard that you should be on. They also have such a small fraction of the gaming community. It might be an accurate placement of where you are in the scorewhore community, though. Kind of like how the x360a leaderboards are an accurate placement of where you are in relation to other active members of x360a.

Actually, every gamertag that is signed into live gets put on the leaderboards for MyGamercard.net, so that is probably the most accurate. Some 3.5 million people on that leaderboard. Can't speak with any authority on XBox America, though.

my gamercard is definitely not accurate. when it says i have over 100k gamerscore on my tag when i really have 48k u know they have problems updating.

I think all problems are solves whenever xbox.com starts implementing all of those TA features on their website and give us the money worth.

xbox.com is one of the worst profile websites ever.

They don't support PNG., the gamerpics were removed from profiles and since recent no longer viewable are the amount of friends online in the top bar.

I don't know, my gamertag hasn't been scanned on there in almost a week so i don't go on there anymore Trueachievements is a great site all in all.

The replication server for 360voice crashed, that is why you haven't had a blog in a week. They had to basically reload the server, it should be back up to full function today or tomorrow I've been told..

That being said, its not "down" like TA is currently.

And TA was granted full access rights to Xbox.com's data feed a few months ago so that is not the reason it is not up. According to TA's twitter the SQL server had a large disk error, so, that would tell me he is fixing that issue.

Loads of Disk errors on my SQL box, site's going to be up and down a bit until I can resolve, sorry!
Edited by Mightymango

MS gave TA an Xbox Community Developer license last year...

And TA was granted full access rights to Xbox.com's data feed a few months ago so that is not the reason it is not up.

That license still doesn't give them access to the information they are scraping from Microsoft's servers. A feed for that information literally does not exist. Back when they made their push to get that license, they made a big deal about it like it would make them legit, just so people would stop talking about their illegal practices, but the truth is they are essentially lying to everyone.

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/community/developer/rules.htm

Those are the rules and things you get access to with that license. Nowhere does it mention a mythical informational feed for achievements. I like what the site does, it's a unique feature, but at the same time it has destroyed how xbox.com functions, and makes using that official source for achievements harder on the entire 360 community. Ever notice how lately all our achievement lists have only had the "question mark" icon, instead of actual achievement pictures? Or how DLC is always being added late and screwing up people's achievements? I have no doubt that the decreased performance of xbox.com due to pirating scrapes is affecting their ability to publish their achievements properly.

That is interesting information Pants, I thought that the license granted them that access so they didn't have to take the information without asking. I still don't think that is why the site is down. It makes me wonder if the datafeed has changed though as 360voice and TA both having database issues within a few days of each other is pretty strange.

I haven't noticed any loading or speed issues on xbox.com, it always seems to work fine for me.

@Pants I registered just to reply to your idiotic statements.

a) There's nothing in Xbox.com's terms of use which prohibits scrapes so long as it's not for replication (data collection is ok, duplication of the whole or part is not - even then it's a grey area - see Google Cache legal battle(s) and historical archiving sites). If this were the case, Google and every other search engine would be in violation. So long as TA respects their robots file they're fine.

b) The community developer licence gives them the right to display Microsoft Games Studio content (ie: videos, pics, artwork, etc) but is really useless to them because the site does actively solicit donations which is prohibited under the licence agreement. Either way they can easily claim fair use for what they do display for those few titles.

c) If you understood anything about technology you'd know that publishing to a website has NOTHING to do with how busy it is. If anything, M$ decided to push stuff to the website prior to having everything run the approval gauntlet so there's at least something there.

I heard it was scheduled but we would have heard about it if that was true. I'm SURE they're not down forever. Also TA is probably the BEST achievement site out there. 360voice is a joke. Although I use almost all achievement sites TA is like no other. Leaderboards, user made leaderboards, badges, goals, challenges, new achievement notifications, great news feed etc.

I heard it was scheduled but we would have heard about it if that was true. I'm SURE they're not down forever. Also TA is probably the BEST achievement site out there. 360voice is a joke. Although I use almost all achievement sites TA is like no other. Leaderboards, user made leaderboards, badges, goals, challenges, new achievement notifications, great news feed etc.

It's not scheduled. See:

TA is currently down. Initially it was a server side issue and now it is SQL issue (as pointed out).

It doesn't surprise me to see TA bashing in this thread but to clear up some points:

1. It'd be silly to ignore the best possible solution for an achievement if another site hosts it. At least TA credits its sources instead of claiming them as their own original work.

2. TA's achievement system is much more fluid for achievement hunters providing the best solution (as voted on) and allows for secondary and tertiary options to solutions instead of a rigid walkthrough posted that is hardly edited after its intial published.

2a. This is not a bash on x360a's work. They do a great job, I just prefer the wiki style that TA offers.

3. No leaderboard is 100% accurate unless it is piped right into the Live servers.

3a. Mygamercard.net has a huge issue with cheaters. They don't police their leaderboards at all. Prime example is Ghostbusters. Atari even used that as an excuse to say "you're just doing it wrong. Hundreds have gotten 1000."

4. TA is always improving and have a very vibrated community that is always seeking to improve itself with ideas submited by the community.

To claim it is a broken website (ha! The irony of that statement) is false and just shows the ignorance of certain gamers. That is like me claiming that x360a is a broken website because they don't update their guides later in a game's life cycle and require someone to dig through the forums for alternate solutions.