Do I have to spend money to compete in this game?

P1TTMAN

Title pretty much covers it: I haven't really played the single player much, just quick multiplayer matches and special challenge. Right now I'm lvl 19.

Anyways, when I check the equipment of the players who kill me, quite often they've got much higher stats and all premium or super premium items-- so far in my experience, the only way to get premium items is to buy them-- I have one that I got in a card pack I bought with my 40 free tickets.

Is this game an arms race where you have to buy Happy Tickets to keep from constantly having your ass kicked?

Nope. Should you purchase some tickets, you can get some decent items early in the game, but you'll still be limited by the maximum weight of the class. Once you reach a higher level, you have a better chance of finding some awesome "premium" items. I didn't find my first non-story premium item until level 31, but it's mostly luck based.

Nope, I'm a level 31 and have never purchased anything with MSP. I rarely use anything other than the Warrior so I mostly focus on leveling him. I would suggest playing the Special Challenge that you can find on the Main Menu for easy points and items. That's all I used to play and I got to level 26 very fast.

Something's wrong with the special challenge.. I played through that dozens of times and only got an item one time. Usually I get 500 or 1500 stars.

Something's wrong with the special challenge.. I played through that dozens of times and only got an item one time. Usually I get 500 or 1500 stars.

I would suggest not spending happy tickets on the special challege. If you plan on playing it a lot. I pretty much got doubles of everything I bought using happy tickets. :(

I don't know if this is due to some magical items, cheating, lag, or some kind of glitch, but no amount of strategy can help me when some enemies are in-fucking-vincible.. which happens all too often in multiplayer.

And this game needs a bitching thread: what level do you have to be before you have a chance in hell of beating the campaign? Your AI teammates are useless buttholes, and the AI enemies are overpowered. :mad:

[...]when some enemies are in-fucking-vincible.. which happens all too often in multiplayer.[...]

Yep its lagg and bad hitdetection. Very often there is a lag about 3 seconds and more between players.

I played a few matches where the half team already was able to leave the castle to build the first tower, where the other half is still waiting for the timer to come up. :(

I don't know if this is due to some magical items, cheating, lag, or some kind of glitch, but no amount of strategy can help me when some enemies are in-fucking-vincible.. which happens all too often in multiplayer.

And this game needs a bitching thread: what level do you have to be before you have a chance in hell of beating the campaign? Your AI teammates are useless buttholes, and the AI enemies are overpowered. :mad:

I finished it at rank 37. It was Chapter 4 that killed me and made me want to punt several puppies. 5 and 6 weren't nearly as bad as that one.

My experience and my two cents and surely to be the oddball.

I've been playing since November, slightly on and off.

I have a friend who started last week.

They bought the happy pack and gotten a 500+ dmg weapon. 600+ after they modified a few.

They were level 8 and has a better weapon than me and I was level 24.

Just like that.

I've been weapon item leveling as much as I can for both my Warrior and Cleric before I got my friend into the game and can't get nowhere near 400+.

I'm lucky to even earn a weapon that's close to 100 dmg!

After they told me about what they did, I looked in the Item Shop, wasn't going to buy anything but I checked out Lucky's Findings or whatever it's called. Bam, found a 500+ spiked mace looking weapon.

C'mon people, am I the only one who think this is wrong?

Why can't you NORMALLY earn an item that's fitting to your current level?

I'm not mad at my friend, I expected this game to pull such shit off.

But I'm very displeased that in an instant of money transaction that they're instantly better than me versus my 18 hours of gameplay.

How the hell do I get better weapons?! TELL ME!

Because the last thing I need to do is beat Story Mode and that thing is asinine.

If I have to kill a fuckton of enemies in one round in order to get better weapons, then I'm screwed. No way that I can be those people whose in the spotlight getting 10 kills w/o dying. Happy Spinner is a joke, its only good when youre a low level because you get low leveled ass items that suit you. I must be cursed if Happy Spinner is actually working for others. And as for earning items in Story Mode, its hard to get better items when you cant beat story mode because dont have better items.

Edited by WeaponTheory

OP Do not purchase anything the store actually this goes for anyone. I purchased a pack of 3 items/weapons and two were good for a moment until I got a new weapon for my mage from a special challenge and the gold sword from SP. You will get better weapons the more you play trust me. Play co-op as well sometimes you get more. 3 matches and at the end of each match you can get up to 3 items, it all depends. So in the end you can get up to 9 if you are lucky. Sometimes they are good, sometimes they suck, sometimes you get an accessory but sometimes in co-op I've got premium items.

No need to purchase items, they really aren't that good and the ones you get randomly or through these challenges are much better.

I bought a pack of cards when I got the 40 free tickets, and got a premium shield that I've been using ever since (Champion's Kick Mitt, currently around 700 guard and antimagic at lvl 5). I didn't find any premium items, except for a boring helmet, for a long time.

Eventually I played through most of the story and got a few good items from there, and on an occasion or two I've gotten a good item at the end of a match.

Anyways, if you're really desperate for more/better items, save up some stars and play the Happy Spinner. Sometimes you get premium items (I have no idea what the odds are), and you at least get more crap items for upgrade material.

I bought a pack of cards when I got the 40 free tickets, and got a premium shield that I've been using ever since (Champion's Kick Mitt, currently around 700 guard and antimagic at lvl 5). I didn't find any premium items, except for a boring helmet, for a long time.

Eventually I played through most of the story and got a few good items from there, and on an occasion or two I've gotten a good item at the end of a match.

Anyways, if you're really desperate for more/better items, save up some stars and play the Happy Spinner. Sometimes you get premium items (I have no idea what the odds are), and you at least get more crap items for upgrade material.

I did the same just that once but got really crappy items. I've gotten so many good shields just by doing co-op.

haha funny you say that, I got like 70,000 stars from the last special challenge. I got my premium horns but besides that I kept always getting 1,500 stars each time. I did spend 20,000 of them on the spinner last night and didn't really get anything good.

Well, the spinner has been my best bet so far, since I never get good items (red boxes) from quick matches or co-op. I've only drawn a red box a couple times, and both times, the match fell apart due to too few players. :mad:

And what the hell's up with so many little kids playing this game? and little kids who have no idea what the fuck they're doing on Xbox Live, at that. For the last couple days I've been getting party invites from some random twit I don't know; I finally give in and join the party, and it's some squeaking kid who sounds five years old (not exaggerating), saying "hola" and then some other stuff in Spanish.

I have been lucky to get a few premium items through the spinner quite a surprise. Red boxes? Is that like item box level up put past item box level up 4? I always thought there was a box of level 5. lol

I've been hearing so many more of them, I guess this is what we get for a free game, it was bad enough in GTA IV it's worse here. On top of it they all try to tell us what to do, look at my rank you think I don't know what to do < is what I would say to them. Kids are nothing but annoying. I was playing today and must of heard 4 of them yelling into their mics at once and it's so funny when they try to talk like they are in the army. "Bad guys at 12 o'clock" but you get my point?

I have been lucky to get a few premium items through the spinner quite a surprise. Red boxes? Is that like item box level up put past item box level up 4? I always thought there was a box of level 5. lol

I've been hearing so many more of them, I guess this is what we get for a free game, it was bad enough in GTA IV it's worse here. On top of it they all try to tell us what to do, look at my rank you think I don't know what to do < is what I would say to them. Kids are nothing but annoying. I was playing today and must of heard 4 of them yelling into their mics at once and it's so funny when they try to talk like they are in the army. "Bad guys at 12 o'clock" but you get my point?

The red box is different from the "level 5" box. You will randomly get either the regular box or a red box. both can reach "level 5". The difference is that the red box gives you 3 items at the end, where the other box just gives you 1. And as for the "level 5", it never notifies you thats its level 5. Its just a level 4 box with a crown on it I believe.

The red box is different from the "level 5" box. You will randomly get either the regular box or a red box. both can reach "level 5". The difference is that the red box gives you 3 items at the end, where the other box just gives you 1. And as for the "level 5", it never notifies you thats its level 5. Its just a level 4 box with a crown on it I believe.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I wonder now if I've gotten red boxes at times I've gotten 3 really good items. I see about "level 5" at the end the box will look like it has stuff pouring out of it lol.

Just got booted out of another co-op match where I had a red box brewing.. :( I did manage to get one once, and the three items I got weren't anything special.

Right now I keep hunting and hoping for better weapons: my Warrior has worse attack stats than my Cleric and Mage (only 441 @ lvl 32), and I can't get any better swords anywhere.. guess I'll just keep trying.

ive never spent microsoft points on this game and i feel like i compete in multiplayer quite well, i get mvp fairly often which is great.

the best bet is to just use those 40 happy tickets at the start wisely! i bought 1 armour set and 1 weapon set.

always try leveling up your items to level 10 it makes alot of difference, and as with most online RPG's you dont have to have the best gear to get kills just learn how to play your class properly!

TIP - use Mage!!

I haven't finished the last section of the campaign yet, so I don't have that sword.

I sometimes compete fairly well and get MVP now and then, but if the connection is bad, the only enemies I can touch are the bots; and since I hit lv31, almost every single game has been a loss-- even if I make out all right, my team as a whole can't compete with the enemy team.

After playing this game for a few more days, I've come to the conclusion that you're all fucking wrong.

Since I hit level 31, I've been pitted against lvl 40-50 players who are equipped with all Super-Premium items and have stats like "Attack : 1300, Magic Attack : 1500, Defense : 1200, Magic Defense : 1100" ...players I'm hopeless against, since my highest atk/def stats are in the 600 range.

Maybe I'm the one who's fucking wrong; maybe these people having been playing since October and have found all these Super-Premium items randomly or through the monthly treasure maps and challenges. Either way-- if you didn't get into this game early, then once you hit lvl 31 you're fucked, because you'll be playing against all the veterans. :(

After playing this game for a few more days, I've come to the conclusion that you're all fucking wrong.

Since I hit level 31, I've been pitted against lvl 40-50 players who are equipped with all Super-Premium items and have stats like "Attack : 1300, Magic Attack : 1500, Defense : 1200, Magic Defense : 1100" ...players I'm hopeless against, since my highest atk/def stats are in the 600 range.

Maybe I'm the one who's fucking wrong; maybe these people having been playing since October and have found all these Super-Premium items randomly or through the monthly treasure maps and challenges. Either way-- if you didn't get into this game early, then once you hit lvl 31 you're fucked, because you'll be playing against all the veterans. :(

I don't think you or I or anyone is wrong. I've only been playing since late November. Had no idea how to play at the time and at my first few levels I was going 10-0 at times without noticing it and I had crap. Maybe I was put with other lower levels? I don't remember. Last night tho.. with friends we got it handed to us. This one mage with near 1400 magic attack who only uses frost.. only frost kept killing us. I'm sure other players have maybe come across this frost lady, it's all she uses.. that takes no skill at all.

I always seem to get placed on the crappy teams tho, and it always seems like the level 50's are always on the same team which could be the issue as well. The matchmaking isn't fair to us players at time. 5 of us earlier were attacking a warrior who we just couldn't get, I have no idea what his defense was since I was a cleric and healing my team mates but it's a bit much at times.

Try co-op for awhile if you haven't take a break from the other players. Don't give up tho. :)

Edited by InsaneKane87