Destiny updates coming in now

ecto69

Petra Venj is in the Tower and still has her Helmet like first time.

http://i58.tinypic.com/9rpu8h.jpg

(click image above for details)

OR

Full details of this update here (it was originally posted on the 13 so I missed it for this post)

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621253

Xbox 360

• 3 MB Xbox update specific to Destiny.
  • 802.30MB update to destiny

Note:

Destiny is currently sitting at 10.9GB of drive space on Xbox 360 with 4 compatibility packs plus the 6.9gb game install.

Xbox 1

• 960 MB update to destiny

NOTE:

looks like they added new wallpaper pictures to the download screen.

YouTube posted May 14 (not sure why it does not embed now)

You can also watch it on Xbox (dashboard) 360 has it on the main Home page.

NOTE 2: Bounties and ranking

1. There is a Queen's icon (triangle) on the solar system map on tower location when Petra has new stuff, at least that is how it seems to work.
  2. Also 4 bounties (available NOW) from her ranks up by 1247 points to Rank 1 (if you have NightFall bonus)
  3. Bring Arc damage weapons and a full 3 guardian fireteam ;-)
  4. Two on Earth and two on Venus.

Rank 1 : 1000

Rank 2 : 3000 (more)

Rank 3 : ?

Edited by ecto69

Xbox one is 960 mb

Thanks.

New achievements?

Nope sorry.

Don't turn in those purple engrams until the 19th!

Addendum

-We have discovered that Legendary Engrams will drop in 1.2.0 that the Cryptarchs will not recognize

-Hold on to all newly-acquired purple Engrams until May 19th to benefit from their upgraded decryption skillset

Thanks ....

Can we do the Wanted Bounties now or do we have to wait? One of them say "available day one" which would mean the 19th right?

You can do 4 of them now, from Petra Venj. She is located in the iron banner section same as before.

On xbox 360 the green map pointer shows here in the vanguard area by mistake.

Best guess Tuesday was day 1 today Friday is day 4

Edited by ecto69

You can do 4 of them now, from Petra Venj. She is located in the iron banner section same as before.

On xbox 360 the green map pointer shows here in the vanguard area by mistake.

Best guess Tuesday was day 1 today Friday is day 4

Cool thanks. Yeah i'm at the Queens Emissary now on xbox one and the green map pointer was directing me downstairs also lol.

Edited by 331VEX

It was fun jumping back into Destiny after a long break and this has me excited for the new DLC come next week. It was a bit short doing the 4 missions and the gold chests where nothing special but dam I missed new PvE events so much. Can't believe its been 7 or so months since we had the queens bounty last and how ever many months since we got Crota, now, bring on the house of wolves.

Edited by gazmaster1

It was fun jumping back into Destiny after a long break and this has me excited for the new DLC come next week. It was a bit short doing the 4 missions and the gold chests where nothing special but dam I missed new PvE events so much. Can't believe its been 7 or so months since we had the queens bounty last and how ever many months since we got Crota, now, bring on the house of wolves.

These were not missions , they are bounties. Hence short. This is prerelease stuff only, Tuesday for the actual longer mission content etc.

Also guessing that Petra Venj will be moving to the reef social area , based on all the teasers they have shown.

The key is for the reward chest for beating the prison of elders. You go into a secret treasure room and you use keys.

Anyone else notice that 2 things are broken since the patch? The cryptarch won't decrypt engrams now, he doesn't even detect them, even though there's an exclamation mark on him. Secondly, which I find the most bothersome, the destiny app isn't allowing the transfer of gear between characters & the vault..

Applause for you bungie -.-

The key is for the reward chest for beating the prison of elders. You go into a secret treasure room and you use keys.

Anyone else notice that 2 things are broken since the patch? The cryptarch won't decrypt engrams now, he doesn't even detect them, even though there's an exclamation mark on him. Secondly, which I find the most bothersome, the destiny app isn't allowing the transfer of gear between characters & the vault..

Applause for you bungie -.-

Read post #4 above ...

After doing a little grinding I finally got a key. Didn't know it popped up until I went to my Post Master. Not to shabby of a day. 3 Legendary Engrams and about 35 Rare Engrams.

It seems like Cryptarch won't decrypt any engrams that drop from the new fights related to the House Of Wolves.

From the previous DLC TDB, we know that there are new rare weapons, those that have the small roman numeral 1 in the corner. Most likely the rare engrams that drop are from that set, hence these do not decrypt.

Not sure how many more of these I can keep storing until Tuesday, quickly running out of vault and character storage space.

Don't turn in those purple engrams until the 19th!

Addendum

-We have discovered that Legendary Engrams will drop in 1.2.0 that the Cryptarchs will not recognize

-Hold on to all newly-acquired purple Engrams until May 19th to benefit from their upgraded decryption skillset

They aren't legendaries. My rares aren't being detected. I've read through the patch notes extensively, so yeah...

*Addendum

• We have discovered that Rare and Legendary Engrams will drop in 1.2.0 that the Cryptarchs will not recognize

• Hold on to all newly-acquired Engrams until May 19th to benefit from their upgraded decryption skillset

NOTE it now also includes RARE engrams