Ultimate Battler Achievement

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although it's not considered bitching, please save thoughts like this for the Bitching Thread, there's no reason to create a new thread for it.

With that said, yes, the achievement is very hard due to Battles like "Impossible!" and I haven't seen anyone obtain the achievement yet.

Edited by BiggD

My apologies. I didn't put it in the Bitching Thread because it was not my intent to complain or bitch when I created this. I actually haven't even played the full game yet and was just curious as to how unobtainable this achievement is.

Nah, it's alright dude. But yeah, the battles in Battle Mode are very, very hard. There's one where you have to beat all 24 characters with a single health bar...lol.

• 2 weeks later...

The only two that people will probably have troubles with are "The Max" and "Impossible." I did both 2 days ago and they aren't that bad.

For impossible, the computer is relatively easy. The only issue is that you only have one life (2 bars). I personally used Bane, but I know the character inside and out (online: 120-40). I used his free parry constantly and that was all I really needed. However, as long as you can do 20-40 percent combos consistently with any character, this one is pretty easy. Look at testyourmight for great combos. It took me 4-5 tries to complete.

For the Max, I would honestly suggest Doomsday. Start with a Jump D3, and then 112 and it's relatively simple. Not only is it a safe string, but it does decent chip damage. The computer will block a lot so once you finish the string, start it again. If you do use this method, make sure Green Lantern, Superman, Lex Luthor, or Doomsday is not one of the 10 opponents as they have great anti-airs. I could have probably done this with Bane as well as he has jump D3, but he has too many unsafe strings. I had not used Doomsday very much before this, and it only took me 3 tries.

The computer always repeats a few moves with each characters so once you recognize them it shouldn't be a problem. One big tip I would give is block at wakeup. Do not try to jump, or attack unless you know it will hit unless you want to get hit for 30-50 percent of your life.

Edited by absolutehell

I don't think it's impossible. We'll just have to find that character that can exploit the CPU the way MK9 had a couple people and tactics that confused it.

Like Sheva's jump stomp move lol. I spammed the shit outta that move for Hard Arcade Ladder and the 300th challenge on Challenge Tower.

Would it be logical to use a turbo controller on Deathstroke's machine gun move or would the CPU counter that?

@Nozza, I literally might pay someone to complete World's Finest and Ultimate Battler for me then lmao.

Im busy with the max at the moment and will record it. I am also using the doomsday method and got to fight 7 last night. If I see Superman , Lex or Green Lantern I just quit and re-start. I also use a mix up of Jump in Down+A followed up by A,A - then dash forward and do the Jump in Down+A again and repeat. That works and if they are blocking a lot I then use Jump in Down+A , X,X DF Y or Jump in Down+A , X,X,Y

It will make a lot more sense when I post the video. I already passed survivor and unstoppable with the doomsday method :-)

We should also give praise to the original poster of this method on the ps3trophies board : themuffinboyy

We all have methods based on his first tip....

BTW-- Zangief = Doomsday for Injustice :-)

Like Sheva's jump stomp move lol. I spammed the shit outta that move for Hard Arcade Ladder and the 300th challenge on Challenge Tower.

Would it be logical to use a turbo controller on Deathstroke's machine gun move or would the CPU counter that?

@Nozza, I literally might pay someone to complete World's Finest and Ultimate Battler for me then lmao.

I think the CPU would block and punish it properly or read which gunshot you do and use a move to get around it.

Doomsday actually sounds like the best option. I mean, he's a solid character with an awesome trait, he gets in easy with meter burn shoulder attack, and he has an unblockable move that rains in from the heavens just like Sheeva. Not sure why I didn't think of that. xD

The only two that people will probably have troubles with are "The Max" and "Impossible." I did both 2 days ago and they aren't that bad.

For impossible, the computer is relatively easy. The only issue is that you only have one life (2 bars). I personally used Bane, but I know the character inside and out (online: 120-40). I used his free parry constantly and that was all I really needed. However, as long as you can do 20-40 percent combos consistently with any character, this one is pretty easy.

You say that as though it's easy. Lol, not everyone is that great at fighters. My best character and combo is only a 6 hit combo with Catwoman for 25-28% :(

I think the CPU would block and punish it properly or read which gunshot you do and use a move to get around it.

Doomsday actually sounds like the best option. I mean, he's a solid character with an awesome trait, he gets in easy with meter burn shoulder attack, and he has an unblockable move that rains in from the heavens just like Sheeva. Not sure why I didn't think of that. xD

But whereas Sheva's attack had infinite range, Doomsday's jump stomp can only be done from close to mid-medium range which sucks. I'll give him a shot today and hopefully I can get Impossible! and The Max done.

All the text explaining his moves is too confusing, we need actual button inputs like :ddown: :dup: :abut: for it to be clear, or a video.

Edited by BiggD

I will post a video in the morning. Busy rendering now and will upload when I get home. You should see it a little later. I will also try post the Grundy combo which people have used to beat the max as well...

The Grundy combo is :

X,X,Y Back Forward Y RT - X,X,B - down,down,B - up,up,B--47% damage

I will post a video in the morning. Busy rendering now and will upload when I get home. You should see it a little later. I will also try post the Grundy combo which people have used to beat the max as well...

The Grundy combo is :

X,X,Y Back Forward Y RT - X,X,B - down,down,B - up,up,B--47% damage

Thanks dude. I'll check back later today or tomorrow for a video. I'm hoping I can get these damn Battles outta the way soon.

Here's a helpful video I found over on TestYourMight. The combos are in the description but do me no good since they aren't formatted to Xbox's controls...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN4XeJjGQLE&feature=player_embedded#]Injustice - BANE "Gotham's Reckoning" *CURRENT VERSION* (by doc) - YouTube[/ame]!

And then there's this but it looks like it wouldn't work out of practice.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwaGupT-U1Q]Injustice Bane 102% Combo "LI Juice Combo" by LI Joe - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by BiggD

The combos are in the description but do me no good since they aren't formatted to Xbox's controls...

The notations used on that description are universal for many fighting games.

light attack - 1

medium attack - 2

heavy - 3

trait/character power - 4

j - jumping

b - back

d - down

f - forward

From there you can probably figure it out. So if something is db, it means down back.

You say that as though it's easy. Lol, not everyone is that great at fighters. My best character and combo is only a 6 hit combo with Catwoman for 25-28% :(

But whereas Sheva's attack had infinite range, Doomsday's jump stomp can only be done from close to mid-medium range which sucks. I'll give him a shot today and hopefully I can get Impossible! and The Max done.

All the text explaining his moves is too confusing, we need actual button inputs like :ddown: :dup: :abut: for it to be clear, or a video.

You can meter burn Doomsday's move to track the opponent. It's possible for them to dodge with a dash or meter burn bounce punish it, but I don't know how often the CPU would do that.

Im busy with the max at the moment and will record it. I am also using the doomsday method and got to fight 7 last night. If I see Superman , Lex or Green Lantern I just quit and re-start. I also use a mix up of Jump in Down+A followed up by A,A - then dash forward and do the Jump in Down+A again and repeat. That works and if they are blocking a lot I then use Jump in Down+A , X,X DF Y or Jump in Down+A , X,X,Y

It will make a lot more sense when I post the video. I already passed survivor and unstoppable with the doomsday method :-)

We should also give praise to the original poster of this method on the ps3trophies board : themuffinboyy

All thanks to themuffinboyy, I beat max and Impossible! in the same day with his method. However I did change it up a bit. Jump in with D1, 1,1,2. Even on block for some reason he does 7% chip damage. Here's a video of my 1st attempt at it. Poor quality, VERY Poor but you will see how i make the CPU stay in the corner in some fights. just watch. Hopefully, RA1NKING will upload a better version of this video but for now this will do

The notations used on that description are universal for many fighting games.

light attack - 1

medium attack - 2

heavy - 3

trait/character power - 4

j - jumping

b - back

d - down

f - forward

You can meter burn Doomsday's move to track the opponent. It's possible for them to dodge with a dash or meter burn bounce punish it, but I don't know how often the CPU would do that.

Thanks for the explanation, makes it much clearer for me since I'm not all too familiar with fighters as you all are. Let's hope Doomsday does work today!

I do not visit the ps3trophies board, and have not visited this website for quite some time. I figured this out by myself as I love fighting games and am always looking for safe block strings or interesting tidbits with characters. There is a reason Doomsday is a great character. He has many safe block strings, and can keep constant pressure. I apologize for reiterating what he said, but do not think I just took his info as I would have provided the original source. It would have saved me a little time. Since people were asking, I decided to add what I discovered.

In regards to Sheva air special move, Doomsday can do the same thing, but he must meter burn to follow his target. Also the computer is quite good at dodging it, and will punish you. It's good to do, however; if they are a full screen's distance away. They don't seem to dash out of the way for some reason at this distance.

Alrighty guys , I think we finally have the Zangief of Injustice... and it is :

HAWKGIRL !!!!!!!

Firstly HUGE THANKS to PRSNightfire and Dark Rocky X who gave me this to try and it works very well and is the easiest method so far.

Firstly make sure when you select "The Max" that you avoid the following characters :

Aquaman

Raven

Green Lantern

Lex Luthor

Deathstroke

DoomsDay

Now when the match starts jump back and then start with the one and only move you will be using : B,F,Y --( Back , Forward Y )

Just keep timing it that you enter the move as soon as they get up. If they are blocking it does good chip damage so just keep doing the move over and over again.

I have a video uploading which shows the Doomsday method as well as the Hawkgirl method. I have not completed The max yet as when I played as hawkgirl I got raven , but wanted to get the video out to help as quick as possible.

Thanks again to my friend Dark Rocky X and PRSNightfire for this Awesome solution.

PS- Please fast forward the first 3 minutes of the vid-- Forgot to cut out trying to get the right opponents.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bsSb5JQoyg]Injustice Battle Mode The Max Methods - YouTube[/ame]

Here is a complete run with HawkGirl :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB2KzlRlzNA]Injustice Battle Mode The Max Complete - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by RA1NKING

HAWKGIRL !!!!!!!

Firstly make sure when you select "The Max" that you avoid the following characters :

Aquaman, Raven, Green Lantern, Lex Luthor, Deathstroke, and DoomsDay.

Now when the match starts jump back and then start with the one and only move you will be using : B,F,Y --( Back , Forward Y )

Just keep timing it that you enter the move as soon as they get up. If they are blocking it does good chip damage so just keep doing the move over and over again.

Avoid 6 characters?! The chances of being able to avoid ALL 6 is so slim lol.

But regardless, if Hawkgirl's one move works well, I'll test it out sometime this week.

Wait until you try the method and trust me you wont look back , because if you avoid those 6 characters guaranteed you will do this first time.

Also 6/24 to avoid aint too bad :-)

After I posted this on the ps3 site someone completed it on the 2nd attempt. You will not get easier than this... guaranteed... Check the video above to see how easy it is.