Chao Discussion Thread

ghsbe

Everybody loves Chaos, so I thought I would make a place to discuss them. I figured it would be for the best anyway so that we could put all Chao related things in here so people know where to look. So what are the Chaos that you guys are currently working on? I'm working on an all S chao the slow way (letting it evolve repeatedly until it's all S's, no breeding). After that I'm going to make it a hero chaos chao. I'm pretty excited to waste like 200 hours on this nonsense.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only raising the one.

Fucking E rank in swimming. I picked the wrong one.

Ha, mine is having the same problem, swimming isn't it's thing.

I also hate that we can't choose our Chao's name, the name's they choose for our Chao's are rubbish, i eventually settled with "Chap" :p

Ha, mine is having the same problem, swimming isn't it's thing.

I also hate that we can't choose our Chao's name, the name's they choose for our Chao's are rubbish, i eventually settled with "Chap" :p

You CAN choose your Chao name. When he suggests one, say no. Then when he asks if you want him to suggest another, say no again. Then he will ask if you want to name your Chao yourself.

You CAN choose your Chao name. When he suggests one, say no. Then when he asks if you want him to suggest another, say no again. Then he will ask if you want to name your Chao yourself.

Really ? how come i didn't get that choice ? maybe i wasn't paying enough attention :p

Oh and i hate that Jewel Race called Onyx, it's so random, everything that can go wrong WILL go wrong.

Really ? how come i didn't get that choice ? maybe i wasn't paying enough attention :p

Oh and i hate that Jewel Race called Onyx, it's so random, everything that can go wrong WILL go wrong.

That's completely true. Everything that can go wrong does go wrong. I have a question if anyone happens to know the answer. If you put a chao in school does it continue to age? For example, if I drop off a chao in school then sit around in the lobby for like 20 hours will it automatically skip to the next transformation?

No, Chao in school don't age. Chao only age when you are in the garden with them.

Hero Garden fruits seem to be glitched, they're giving my Chao two or three blocks of Stamina per nom instead of one so I'm getting a level up from every fruit! It took ages to get my Chao up to 20 stamina in the neutral garden yet earlier today I got a newborn to 16 from Hero fruits alone.

So yeah, evolve a Hero Chao and move upstairs as soon as possible.

According to http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2b/fruits they definitely should not be doing this, the regular neutral, hero and dark fruits are supposed to be different in appearance only,

No, Chao in school don't age. Chao only age when you are in the garden with them.

Hero Garden fruits seem to be glitched, they're giving my Chao two or three blocks of Stamina per nom instead of one so I'm getting a level up from every fruit! It took ages to get my Chao up to 20 stamina in the neutral garden yet earlier today I got a newborn to 16 from Hero fruits alone.

According to http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2b/fruits they definitely should not be doing this, the regular neutral, hero and dark fruits are supposed to be different in appearance only,

Yeah, the Hero Garden's fruits got my Chao up to 10 stamina so fast for that achievement.

Yeah, the Hero Garden's fruits got my Chao up to 10 stamina so fast for that achievement.

No such luck for me, I got that achievement before my Chao evolved. Still, mushrooms and Chao fruit did a good enough job.

Does anyone know if the stat grades for eggs bought in the black market are random? I am trying to get a chao with decent grades to start training, but it seems like every time I hatch the eggs they have the same grades (even after reseting by going back to the dashboard). I know the chaos that won all my races on the gamecube never had the best grades, but I'd at least like to try and have a little leg up this time around.

Does anyone know if the stat grades for eggs bought in the black market are random? I am trying to get a chao with decent grades to start training, but it seems like every time I hatch the eggs they have the same grades (even after reseting by going back to the dashboard). I know the chaos that won all my races on the gamecube never had the best grades, but I'd at least like to try and have a little leg up this time around.

The eggs I bought from the store have been random. I kept dashboarding and eventually got an S rank running chao. Though, my friend in the party said no matter what, his chao always had the same stats when hatching it, dashboarding, then hatching again.

lol I left my chao in the good garden and left my xbox on all night and then came back to it in the morning and its stamina went from about 7 to 32. What a fatty.

I just recently posted a video about that glitch XD I thought I was the only one that noticed that. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDq6zV-lbE0]Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Hero Chao Fruit Glitch? - YouTube[/ame] It never increased that much on the Gamecube version (At-least I don't think) Also I tried going downstairs to the Dark garden to see if those dark fruits increase stamina just like the hero's but it doesn't. Disappointing >_>

Edited by Retrokiid90

I am trying to level up my chaos grades by just feeding it chaos drives or animals and then idling it while I'm at college. However, when I come back it has eaten so much food that stamina always increases grade... Is there a way to prevent this? Also, is the one that increases the one that has the highest number, the highest level, or the one that has most recently been increased?

For anyone that is curious I have discovered that you can place a chao behind the log on the right side of the hero garden and it won't be able to move around. This way you can idle and you don't have to worry about it eating and increasing stamina.

@ Retrokiid90

thanks to these fruits the stamina of my chaos is lv99 xDDD <3

Yeah, it sure does boost stamina really quickly. In case you didn't see the glitch in the other thread (the guide) there is a quick way to increase all of the stats. Just get an animal like the dragon or something else that increases all stats and stand just far away enough to drop the animal in front of them instead of handing it to them. They will increase their stats but they won't use up the animal so you can keep doing it an infinite amount of times until you either get tired of it or you mess up (which does happen quite often). It's definitely useful. I didn't know about it until this time around with the game. I'm still working on my all S chao without breeding :( I still need to evolve it 10 more times.

yeah i know this glitch ;) but it doesn't work for me sometimes because my stupid chao runs away or comes to me and take it >_<

Yeah, they are pretty stupid and annoying but they make up for it by being cute. Mine just keeps crying 24/7, I think I spoiled it by petting it too much.

Just started working on my chao as I completed all the A ranks already. Though, I have a question as it never happened to me before:

My chao evolved after only one time sleeping, is that normal?! It got pretty high skills already (most of them are around 40, run is above 60) but that shouldnt be the cause of that, right?

I just hope he will live long enough to make me able to push him into the 90's. He should win everything...

Just started working on my chao as I completed all the A ranks already. Though, I have a question as it never happened to me before:

My chao evolved after only one time sleeping, is that normal?! It got pretty high skills already (most of them are around 40, run is above 60) but that shouldnt be the cause of that, right?

I just hope he will live long enough to make me able to push him into the 90's. He should win everything...

I'm no expert on chaos but I asked a friend and he said a chao will die around Age 5. You can check that at the doctors to see how old your chao is. Also, a chao with higher stamina will evolve sooner which has no impact on your Chao's life span.

Does anyone have any tips at beating that last Chao called flash in Chao Karate ? my stats are nearly maxed out and i am nowhere near close to beating it. I manage about 2-3 hits on it at most then he either knocks me out the ring or beats me by K.O.

I haven't started that yet but what I do know is that every time the chao reincarnates it keeps 10% of its stats. So if you level up everything to 99 then reincarnate you keep 10% of that. You can keep doing that until it reaches a threshold/peak of 326 then you can max everything again. This adds up to the highest possible stats of 3266.

Oh, and make sure your stats are all grade S. You can increase one grade at a time per life of a chao. So either you can do it the slow way (like me) and let it continually reincarnate while you train one stat at a time to make it increase in grade or you can do it with multiple chaos and then breed them. Breeding takes way less time because it takes the letters of the parents and gives the child letters between the two (meaning that if you have two all S chaos the baby will by default have all S stats). If you max out a stat at only grade C it's not going to be a very strong chao.

I've never made it that far in to the karate on the GC version so if you want actual fighting tips then I'm not your guy.

Edited by ghsbe

For anyone that is curious I have discovered that you can place a chao behind the log on the right side of the hero garden and it won't be able to move around. This way you can idle and you don't have to worry about it eating and increasing stamina.
That's cool to know. SO if I can get the chao to just sit/stand there and not move, can I give it animals/Chaos drives without being too close to it? (As in the infinite animal glitch)

@ Retrokiid90

thanks to these fruits the stamina of my chaos is lv99 xDDD <3

Did you leave yours on overnight? I haven't been in the hero garden like that. Im a fan of Dark Chao. But I will definitely try it with the chao that lives in heaven

That's cool to know. SO if I can get the chao to just sit/stand there and not move, can I give it animals/Chaos drives without being too close to it? (As in the infinite animal glitch)

Did you leave yours on overnight? I haven't been in the hero garden like that. Im a fan of Dark Chao. But I will definitely try it with the chao that lives in heaven

Your chao lives in heaven?

I'm sorry for your loss.