Smartglass Achievements

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop calling Microsoft, they can do NOTHING for this type of issue. If an achievement does not unlock properly, it is up to the developer to make a patch for the game.

Microsoft IS the developer. Soho Productions is a Microsoft studio, and was founded by them. It won't help any to call 1-800-4MY-XBOX, but there doesn't seem to be any contact info for Soho--MS has apparently hidden it safely away from us. Anybody have any information?

I'm not expecting anything to be done about this. With the way the industry is today, this will probably end up being another glitch that never gets fixed.

Stop calling Microsoft, they can do NOTHING for this type of issue. If an achievement does not unlock properly, it is up to the developer to make a patch for the game.

I'm not calling anyone. I've been in contact with them via the twitter support they provide and said they want to get to the bottom of it. Surely they are best suited to reaching out to those involved as noted above there is little to no contact info for anyone else

me and one other person tweeted them and all we got was " we are still looking into that very issue thank you for your patience ! "

Well at least they are aware of it and have started to work on the issue,

I might start season 2 tonight hopefully by the time iv finished all the other achievements we will know more about this smartglass business

According to an article on TA yesterday the smartglass compatibility STILL needs to be added!!!

http://www.trueachievements.com/n11923/kinect-sesame-street-tv--nat-geo-tv-get-season-2.htm

My question now is HOW the hell did MS let a game get released that doesn't have all the components in it thus making it IMPOSSIBLE to complete

This just pisses me off even more!!

According to an article on TA yesterday the smartglass compatibility STILL needs to be added!!!

http://www.trueachievements.com/n11923/kinect-sesame-street-tv--nat-geo-tv-get-season-2.htm

My question now is HOW the hell did MS let a game get released that doesn't have all the components in it thus making it IMPOSSIBLE to complete

This just pisses me off even more!!

Smartglass isn't part of the game. It is basically an accessory to the game. I've been through this many times before with other games, not once has a component not been added, whether it be Rock Band 3's website link or Your Shape's events. I can only think of one case where Microsoft intervened in an achievement list. And Osmos is not completable because of it.

The one thing I know is that raging about it on the internet is probably the least effective thing you could do to get it fixed.

They could make an achievement that requires you to stab your mother in the face, that doesn't mean they'll be able to actually code the game to recognize when you do it. They added the achievements but apparently failed to integrate the feature in time via a title update. Either they still plan to and the achievements will work at that time, or they won't and they'll be broken. Not the first time this has happened, as Doug mentioned.

There's been a bit of movement, now my smartglass device (phone) says "your device is missing some functions"...can't see anything on marketplace to download, but when I use smartglass on my phone to search for sesame street, the result finally has a remote symbol next to it, which it didn't have before....so it nearly works, can someone else try on a different phone maybe? I have an Htc Mozart.

I've had the remote function (HTC 8X WP8) for the game since it released but the achievements for launching (pressing play to start an episode) etc still won't unlock!

I think we'll know it will work when the actual game/app gets a title update so it can recognize the input device you're using ie kinect/pad/smartglass

xboxsupport on twitter say they are talking with Soho Productions about it so will let you know if I get any feedback soon

Apparently the Windows 8 version of Smartglass is now functional. However, the Windows 7 version is not.

Do you need a device with a touchscreen, or can you do this from a PC without a touchscreen?

EDIT: I tried it with my iPhone and iPad. The Smartglass application comes up, and there are interactive menus for Sesame Street. However, I can't launch episodes or make playlists--when I push "Play" on the screen, nothing happens.

Edited by Clarissalover

Do you need a device with a touchscreen, or can you do this from a PC without a touchscreen?

EDIT: I tried it with my iPhone and iPad. The Smartglass application comes up, and there are interactive menus for Sesame Street. However, I can't launch episodes or make playlists--when I push "Play" on the screen, nothing happens.

same thing also tried with those 2 + nexus 7

It is very frustrating, how can it be only working on windows 8 phones and not anything else.

I have a WindowsPhone8 and don't understand what you mean by it works on it??? I am still to unlock any of the smartglass achievements by using my phone

The only thing I can use it for in regards to sesame street is as a remote to navigate the menus and start episodes

I have a WindowsPhone8 and don't understand what you mean by it works on it??? I am still to unlock any of the smartglass achievements by using my phone

The only thing I can use it for in regards to sesame street is as a remote to navigate the menus and start episodes

There are two people who have completed the game on trueachievements I looked on Radarboy's page he says it's working on windows 8 i'm guessing he meant windows 8 on the phone.

Anyway silly how two people have managed to get it working and we can't.

There are two people who have completed the game on trueachievements I looked on Radarboy's page he says it's working on windows 8 i'm guessing he meant windows 8 on the phone.

Anyway silly how two people have managed to get it working and we can't.

The last person to say they completed it on TA was found to have hacked the game and got banned haha

I'll def try tomorrow then but Windows 8 is very different to WP8 as Windows8 is on computers/tablets and not on the new phones