First thread on this game!!!

Ummmm.... I dunno :p

Seriously I only just heard of it today

I hope its not just more red alert 3

Or f it is RA3 i hope it has nothing to do with none of that co-op nonsense

Frankly I lved the commander challenge mode from the PC's CnC Generals: Zero Hour

- Id love an xbla remake of the CnC generals - despite many "fans" not liking it

Frankly I lved the commander challenge mode from the PC's CnC Generals: Zero Hour

- Id love an xbla remake of the CnC generals - despite many "fans" not liking it

Oh God don't get me started on Generals. It's just a bad EA RTS that SHOULD NOT have the C&C name. Nothing about it is remotely close to C&C, not gameplay, no live action cutscenes, no story related stuff, horrible 3D graphics, the game has an offensive nature to some people (the Al quida and their suicide bombers driving into a parade :/

and the intro was stupid... I am a major C&C fan, grew up with C&C as my best friend :p but EA is really out to ruin another good thing. RE 3 made Red Alert look like some cartoony funky weird comedy game when Red Alert was actually quite serious.

Oh God don't get me started on Generals. It's just a bad EA RTS that SHOULD NOT have the C&C name. Nothing about it is remotely close to C&C, not gameplay, no live action cutscenes, no story related stuff, horrible 3D graphics, the game has an offensive nature to some people (the Al quida and their suicide bombers driving into a parade :/

and the intro was stupid... I am a major C&C fan, grew up with C&C as my best friend :p but EA is really out to ruin another good thing. RE 3 made Red Alert look like some cartoony funky weird comedy game when Red Alert was actually quite serious.

Yeah I agree with what your saying, but red alert wasnt a serious series... Its supposed to be a little bit more laid back, youv got your guys like the spy and crazy ivan who are just total piss take characters really... the cutscenes were also laced with humour, anyway I love the Red Alert series, it was my fav game on the PS when I was a kid... I never completed RA3 yet but once I do I will check this out!

:D

Yeah I agree with what your saying, but red alert wasnt a serious series... Its supposed to be a little bit more laid back, youv got your guys like the spy and crazy ivan who are just total piss take characters really... the cutscenes were also laced with humour, anyway I love the Red Alert series, it was my fav game on the PS when I was a kid... I never completed RA3 yet but once I do I will check this out!

:D

2 and 3 made it that way... im trying to say that the first one wasn't. I mean you start the game with a cutscene talking about slaughtering 800 women and children in a village... yea thats pretty cartoony and silly to me :p

2 and 3 made it that way... im trying to say that the first one wasn't. I mean you start the game with a cutscene talking about slaughtering 800 women and children in a village... yea thats pretty cartoony and silly to me :p

Well, two out of three made the series a little bit more light-hearted. Three was just one big joke...even when they were trying to be serious. RA1 is still the best one to date imo.

The co-op idea was horrible, because most of the time you are playing with a computer....who is a moron btw. It was nice to bring a new faction into the fray, but they had to do it in a horrible way...time travel. You can essentially do anything you want if you introduce time travel and they certainly have.

Anyways, this arcade game will probably be over-priced crap that C&C fan-boys (like myself) will probably buy. However, if it is over 800, EA can burn in hell because they won't get anything over that.

but EA is really out to ruin another good thing. RE 3 made Red Alert look like some cartoony funky weird comedy game when Red Alert was actually quite serious.
I don't know what version of Red Alert 2 you played, but the one I played was pretty over the top and not serious at all. And that was made by :eek: Westwood! Not EA. So if you want to blame someone for ruining it, blame Westwood for RA2. Not EA for continuing with Westwood's silly and over the top presentation in RA3.

• 4 weeks later...

I personally hope the game is co op as i really enjoyed playing through red alert 3 with my friend on hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Careful people. It states its co-op on the download page so I bought it. There is no co-op in this game that we can find so it looks like its been labelled wrong. I only bought it to play co-op with a friend, I am not happy at all. I guarantee there wont be any refunds even though they are advertising it incorrectly.

To me, Generals was the best C&C game to date! At least that game didn't have attack bears or killer dolphins... :rolleyes:

Anyway, after playing the demo for about 10 minutes, it finally occurred to me why so few people talk about this arcade release. Cause RTS on a console (or better, without a mouse!) still sucks, no matter if it's C&C or not :)

Its a frustrating game, all the AI seems to do is spam loads of crap units and then you get owned, a lot anyway. Some of the par times are going to be a bastard. This should have been included in RA3 or they should have released uprising as a full disc. Bastards.

I agree about the difficulty. The A.I always see to have the perfect balance of units, and it's almost impossible to be as quick at the micromanagement and using a unit's secondary attack due to the control scheme.

It's better that you can't just spam one unit and just overpower the A.I, but they did really ramp up the difficulty here. I can't see me ever getting some of the par times, and I'm a Command and Conquer Xbox 360 vet, having got the full 1000 foe C&C Tiberium Wars and Kane's Wrath.

Good game though. It's just better suited to a keyboard and mouse with no unit cap.