Impressions?

xMANNY FRE5Hx

It's a pretty fun game. Combat is a little slow and clunky at low levels, it's not the longest game and it could use some sort of spider-sense indicator for countering, but aside from that it's pretty much exactly what's on the box. It's not going to change your life and the production values aren't the highest but what's there is relatively well made/designed making it a rather enjoyable brawler.

The achievement list seems to be a pretty quick and easy 700 with the final 300 points being moderately difficult and a little random. Extreme mode is pretty forgiving, there are tons of checkpoints and you retain all your Normal mode progress, but the enemies are strong. Pro-Bending is fairly easy but I expect the Ace tier to be hard. Getting all the treasure items seems like it's going to be very random. It's hard to control what level item you get when you're trying to get all the low rank ones.

It's a pretty fun game. Combat is a little slow and clunky at low levels, it's not the longest game and it could use some sort of spider-sense indicator for countering, but aside from that it's pretty much exactly what's on the box.

Clunky? No!

Korra moves and handles almost exactly like Bayonetta. It's smooth as it can be. Every action can be canceled with doges or counters, even in the air.

What you probably mean is that Korra lacks some of her later moves that makes the fights look more fluid rather than just punch/kick the bad guys.

There is an indicator for countering. Normal enemies flash red just before they attack. The mechs have HUGE telegraphing before every attack. Only the other elemental benders are tough to counter, with almost all attacks being resistent to counters.

Like other people have said I enjoy it. The ability the to use all four types of bending, some interesting and fun mini games and for a low price was a buy for me. It is pretty fun and some of the mini games take some getting used to but great overall I think. Liked the show and liked the game.

Yeah it's only at the start when you don't have insanely quick/over powered bending combos but it's part of the first impression the game gives. Once you get all your bending it really opens up and gives you a surprising amount of freedom to choose how to play. Fast close range with fire, wide area with air, long range with water and slow and powerful with earth. Fire and air are a bit over powered but not in a bad way.

As for the counter indicator there is one but it doesn't seem to be consistant. It's not on some enemies/attacks and when it is it's more like a warning that something to dodge/counter is coming than anything I can base my timing off. It's not a huge deal since there aren't many enemies types and the animations tend to stand out.

I wasn't saying those things made the game bad, those were just the only friction points I could find on an otherwise super smooth game. I'm actually more and more impressed with the game as time goes on. They obviously didn't have the resources to make this a AAA blockbuster game but what they did make they made really well.

• 3 weeks later...

One of the worst game i have played im my life, if you like this piece of crap kill youself, this game sucks bad, for a kids game, any child gonna lost time play this junk, and extreme dificult is ridiculos, last boss and some parts are crazy dificult, any normal kid gonna have balls to play this game.

• 1 year later...

For a first attempt, i give it a 7. Having the story where she loses her bending and had to then relearn was good. I wish we could have seen more of Mako, Bolin, Tenzin, and Asami. Better gameplay graphics and a restart level and exit level feature would have been awesome. To many times I played a certain part trying to get past it and almost drained all of my money because I kept buying health.

• 8 months later...