Top 5 Games you were really excited for but only ended up disappointed.

Dragon75555

Couldn't find this in a search. I'm sorry if this has been done a thousand times. Ignore me. If not continue as usual

My Games:

5. Dead Island - Bought and never opened yet. Still trying to get motivation but after reading reviews it's hard to.

4. LA Norie - Loved the idea. Couldn't get myself through the game.

3. CoD MW3 - Admittedly I didn't play much of the other MW's but loved Black Ops. Hoped so much for this one but like the others just couldn't stick to it.

2. Stars Forced Unleashed (both) - nuff said

and Finally...

1. GTA IV - LOVED the GTA III trilogy. Played all for hundreds of hours. Could barely get myself to stick with this one. Found the driving to awkward to work with. Not too mention other things.

Couldn't find this in a search. I'm sorry if this has been done a thousand times. Ignore me. If not continue as usual

My Games:

5. Dead Island - Bought and never opened yet. Still trying to get motivation but after reading reviews it's hard to.

4. LA Norie - Loved the idea. Couldn't get myself through the game.

3. CoD MW3 - Admittedly I didn't play much of the other MW's but loved Black Ops. Hoped so much for this one but like the others just couldn't stick to it.

2. Stars Forced Unleashed (both) - nuff said

and Finally...

1. GTA IV - LOVED the GTA III trilogy. Played all for hundreds of hours. Could barely get myself to stick with this one. Found the driving to awkward to work with. Not too mention other things.

How Can you hate GTA IV online and dlc were both great.

Play Dead Island Fuck Critics

Now For my 5

5.UFC Undisputed 3 I feel like they took a step back they turned submissions into a minigame and online was horrible this year.

4.Modern Warfare 3 only good thing was the story mode.

3.Def Jam Icon the biggest stepback in history in my opinon how do you make a great urban fighting game and then mess it up with a horrible story and mechanics

2.La Noire I just felt it could have been better but it was something different and i always like different when it comes to games.

1.Brink :rant: he said it all.

Dragon Age 2 : Can't say I was dissapointed, truly I did enjoy the game but the memories are not as fond. It was more a grind than a journey and far less engaging than DAO. My enthusiasm drained pretty quickly after I started recognizing the dungeon layout. Over and over again. And over again. And Again. Goddammit Bioware!!!!

CoD. (BO, MW2 and MW3, so yah 3 games, oh well ;)) Even if there is a brief period of fun here and there but in the end the series is a rage inducing mess I simply won't tolerate anymore.

Brink: oh all that is unholy it was a terrible decision to pick that up. gawdawful waste.

Ghost Recon Future Soldier: meh, my friends all bought it so we could play 4 player co-op. It was okay in some parts but I was bored to tears for most of it. Bland.

Fable 2: my brother in law, my nephew and soooo many of my friends love this game. So on their recommendation I gave it a whirl. Fucking hated it.

Not following any particular order:

1. Ninja Gaiden III. Because of Ninja Gaiden II.

2. Ninja Blade. Same as above.

3. BioShock 2. Because of the original BioShock.

4. Call of Duty: World at War. I never find any COD to be particularly good, but this one was horrible.

5. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. Shit at its finest.

5. Pure - Always enjoyed racing/tricks games (Such as SSX) but this game's awkward tricking and bland racing is just too dull for me.

4. Tales of Vesperia - Very slow game, and characters aren't even memorable compared to older tales of games. Went half way and still didn't enjoy it.

3. Halo 3:ODST - I should have listened.

2. Call of Duty black ops - First xbox 360 game, bought all of the DLCs and I still don't have fun playing it. Story was a clusterfuck of shit, multiplayer was weird and wacky, zombies had trouble connecting players, and dead ops is repetitive. I was forcing myself to enjoy it.

1. Dishonored - I followed the game's progress for a while, and watched countless videos that ultimately led me to buying this piece of crap. Once I had it however, it was a whole different game then what I expected. So many of the game's decisions are questionable, and achievement wise, are some of the most annoying types.

Hmmm this is a toughie.

5.Resident evil 5 (being an old school survival horror fan this didnt live up to what i thought it would be).

4.FEAR 3 (just didnt seem like FEAR anymore)

3.Brink ( just had high hope this one which didnt pan out)

2.GTA 4 (just the whole realistic feel took the fun out of it and by the end of it, it wasn't GTA anymore.

1. Modern warfare 2 & 3 ( since their both pretty much the same and after a awesome call of duty 4 i couldn't wait for these call of duty seemed to lost its heart and soul.:(

1. COD:MW2 - hated the story, multiplayer was more of the same, and has been ever since.

2. GTA4 Multiplayer - Initially hated the singleplayer too, but it eventually grew on me. Never enjoyed the multiplayer.

3. 007 Quantum of Solace - After all the fun I'd had with the GameCube Bond games, Quantum of Solace was a real let-down

4. BF:Bad Company 2 singleplayer - Online was awesome, but unlike the first BC, BC2's story was just flat-out dumb.

5. Crackdown 2 - Just couldn't live up to the original

5. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier:

Half-baked product. Before I downloaded the numerous bug-fixing patches, I packed it up and sent it back.

4. Resident Evil 5:

Like somebody who stated above my post, RE 5 is a shadow of RE 4 and previous, more survival based games. This one hardly has any horror to it. Oh, and did I mention how lame Chris is?

3. Star Wars: Jedi Knight Jedi Academy:

Back in the old days, I was a major Star Wars fan. Create my own jedi and light saber? Hell yeah! Sadly, there weren't more than 10 clothing options and not more than 6 pre-made light saber handles to choose from. Overall, the gameplay, story, and quality in general was rubbish. Really short campaign to add with it.... rubbish!

2. Any COD after COD 4: MW1:

Didn't even bother to play BO II and am not planning to either LOL!

1. Medal of Honor (2010):

Buggy, poor story, lackluster MP experience, crappy graphics and character detail, and to top-it-all-off, upright racist. Good to see that Warfighter failed just as miserably as its predecessor... YES!

• 3 weeks later...

Mass Effect 3

all that progress, wasted :( and so. many. loopholes.

Red Faction Armageddon

what, no free roam?

Resident Evil 6

i have seen better acting in today's movies, and isn't Resident Evil supposed to be a Horror series? this title has too much action and no suspense.

Metroid Other M

More shameful acting! lock it away in the Vault of eternal closedness!

Dead Island

more buggy and slow paced than i thought, you can kill yourself with a door though.

Play Dead Island Fuck Critics

This. Best game I've ever played. I'll take a week off work when the new one drops in April.

My5:

5. Fear3: compared to the suspense in Fear1 and 2, this was just an average shooter. There is a difference between scary images (fear 3) and scary games (fear 1 and 2).

4. Ninja Gaiden: awful, awful game.

3. Resident Evil 5: could've been a great game, but not being able to strafe and shoot made it unplayable for me.

2. Mass Effect: I started playing it before 3 dropped and had also bought ME2, just couldn't get into it. Disappointing.

1. NFS hot pursuit & Prostreet: the rubberbanding on hotpursuit is infuriating and the ridiculously hard test tracks made it bad for me. Prostreet, well enough said really.

I've only acquired Happy Wars, Mass Effect 3, and Chrome Core V. Happy Wars is good but the servers are bad, I can't stay connected long enough to enjoy it more, and the microtransactions are lulzy at best.

Armored Core V was a poorly made, poorly written, and poorly managed game that was a bastardized hybrid of Armored Core and Chrome Hounds. It had no diversity in maps outside of adding water, having some dirt, and building size. It destroyed the capability of flight in exchange for a dumbed down building hopping gimmick. This is one Japanese Mecha game that should have just staid in Japan, there are enough games we could have took, like Monster Hunter Frontier or any number of Gundam Games.

Mass Effect 3 for every reason listed. I liked playing it for killing things and yelling. Everything else from the comic book script to poorly coordinated sprites are what make it sad. The fact anyone can even call it an RPG is a bigger joke than Mac Walter's writing capability outside of comic villains and character design.

Armored Core V was a poorly made, poorly written, and poorly managed game that was a bastardized hybrid of Armored Core and Chrome Hounds. It had no diversity in maps outside of adding water, having some dirt, and building size. It destroyed the capability of flight in exchange for a dumbed down building hopping gimmick.

Agreed, it would've been 5 on my list if not for the lethal doors in Dead Island.

• 2 weeks later...