I'm not sure why this game has a 90% rating on here...

Rascalov

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly I hated this game. Like, everything about it.

I loved the first, but I feel that this game didn't improve on a single element of the original in any meaningful way, but most importantly the storyline was abysmal. When my favourite characters are Sabrina and Starnes (that awkward joke-making soldier in the two missions where you're on the street in a Blackwatch disguise using guns, the first one's to find Roland and the other is a BlackNet mission) something is wrong with the game.

• 2 weeks later...
Honestly I hated this game. Like, everything about it.

I loved the first, but I feel that this game didn't improve on a single element of the original in any meaningful way, but most importantly the storyline was abysmal. When my favourite characters are Sabrina and Starnes (that awkward joke-making soldier in the two missions where you're on the street in a Blackwatch disguise using guns, the first one's to find Roland and the other is a BlackNet mission) something is wrong with the game.

BS! It improved on everything.

Combat is more accessible and doesn't force you jump around and throw things at enemies. Blocking and dodging allows you have more control combat.

Dual wielding powers that you can seamlessly switch between during combat.

Upgrading is better as it doesn't just give you a huge list to choose from. Each upgrade is more meaningful and has it's own special use.

Graphics have been upgraded considerably.

Stealth is a little better. Hunting is a great addition as it just doesn't mark a target for you to go get.

Mission variety and how side missions are integrated with the story.

BS! It improved on everything.

Combat is more accessible and doesn't force you jump around and throw things at enemies. Blocking and dodging allows you have more control combat.

Dual wielding powers that you can seamlessly switch between during combat.

Upgrading is better as it doesn't just give you a huge list to choose from. Each upgrade is more meaningful and has it's own special use.

Graphics have been upgraded considerably.

Stealth is a little better. Hunting is a great addition as it just doesn't mark a target for you to go get.

Mission variety and how side missions are integrated with the story.

Everything you said is true but you forgot two things. First of the length of the game. I beat the game in 7 hours including the boring side missions and collectibles. And second of all the shifty story. Zzzzzzzz

Aghfff the dialogue, the terrible, terrible dialogue. James "fuckin'" Heller is so bland, and Alex Mercer's motivation is baffling. I feel like they really didn't try at all with the story, and none of the characters are likeable. Though, to be fair, the first game's strong point certainly wasn't story.

The gameplay is pretty fun, but the objectives for every mission are almost identical. I'm glad it wasn't very long; any longer and it would have been repetitive. I preferred this game to the first (and I did enjoy playing it), but I definitely don't agree with 90%...

• 2 weeks later...

I know its very personal to everyone and reading thru the comments writen i seen there ppl who like it and those that dislike it. As for myself i liked the first one, mainly the over the top gameplay and the fact you could just go and explore the world as it was an open world sandbox game. Now with prototype 2 on hands i def see they listened to the many fans and improved overall gameplay but most noteable the graphics its def a big improvement over the first prototype, as goes for the new caracter James Heller, i like him, the fact that with the extra DLC i can play thru the whole game with him in the infantry skin def helps i realy liked that begin part. Other then that they improved the stealth parts alot its easier to consume in a stealth way now, even the collectables are more fun to collect. It may not to everybody,s liking that Alex Mercer turns out to be the bad guy here, but another game with the same caracter would be dull i geuss, mabye the story isn,t that great or mindblowing, but sinds this is an sandbox game it def has alot of cool stuff to do, add the awesome powers you gain and unleash them on your foes its def a fun game.

The gameplay is hugely improved, but the story is such a let down. I feel more like a unstoppable force than in the first game, simply because Alex is killed easier than Heller, even on hard. Of course the more destructive moves aren't bad either. :D

I gave it a 7.5/10

Its fun as a sandbox, open world action way; however it wasn't as fulfilling as the original. I think it was partially due to the achievements in the original that I really enjoyed the first game...

Also Boss fights didn't feel as fulfilling and the protagonist was hard to relate to... In the original you had no idea what's going on, and if you followed through on the web, you felt like you were reading a book, uncovering more details about Mercer each person/consumption as a time.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's a pretty decent game but does it have it's faults. The storyline is confusing & targeting system is messed up but the over-the-top speed & powers make it really fun to play. I have never played the original game so i can't compare but overall i'd give this game about an 85% :woop:.

• 3 weeks later...

number 1 was a pain in the ass on insane. playing it on insane was easy and fun untill u get to the boss.. that shit took me days and i gave up i dont even think i finished it on insane it was irritating. number 2 was fun but way to easy to beat there was no challenge. but i hope number 3.. yes there will be a number 3 but as like num 1 and 2 ill wait a half a year after it comes out to play it why waste 60 bucks if i can get it for like 1 dollar

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, the fun of being stupidly overpowered wears off quickly. The game is pretty mediocre i would probably put it at around 65-70. The music is ok, the graphics make the game look a year or two older then it actually is and the game gets so repetitive its not even funny.

The only redeeming quality it seems is how easy most of the achievements are. With the getting 46 upgrades through consumes and beating it on hard probably being the "harder" achievements.

• 5 weeks later...
Eh, the fun of being stupidly overpowered wears off quickly. The game is pretty mediocre i would probably put it at around 65-70. The music is ok, the graphics make the game look a year or two older then it actually is and the game gets so repetitive its not even funny.

The only redeeming quality it seems is how easy most of the achievements are. With the getting 46 upgrades through consumes and beating it on hard probably being the "harder" achievements.

Im having fun, which I hear is the point of gaming. No it does not blow its counterparts out of the water, but it is certainly not a horrible game. Acti shut down the developer, but for what the game is -a crazy ass 3rd person open world game- I think it does its job pretty well. Yes the story and immersiveness could have been built upon, and I think that could have taken the game from fun to cant-miss, but what do you want? Every game isn't the Mona Lisa of gaming; some are just weird ass things that you like to stare at for a little while. Doesn't belittle anything but your own scope.

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed it quite a bit too they improved the handling a lot from the first one and changed up missions so they weren't as plain jane as some other action games. The game was a bit short if you did just the story but there are so many side things to do amd absorb and destroy.

Pretty noteworthy game.

• 2 months later...

Well, it makes sense. Heller will never be the bad guy, because he has a quantifiable (finishable) goal - save his daughter, Amaya. Mercer's only goal was revenge, and since you can never really be done with revenge, he never stopped fighting.

And the game is pure awesomeness b/c of the whole I AM ONE GUY I AM A GOD thing - especially after (spoilers) you get the bulletproof ability.