In Stock on Play.com NOW!

TheMightyRam

Play.com are always really late with me, like a week late. Are they better with preorders?

Either way I ordered from shopto since I always get it a day early so tomorrow then :)

I stopped using Play ages ago as everything, like you said, arrived a week late, even preorders. Shopto also have become totally unreliable to me as out of 3 preorders, 2 never arrived and I had to claim for them to be resent. Game however have always been the number 1 to order from. Always arrive 1 or 2 days early. Alan Wake was sent special delivery so will guarantee to be here Thursday. Woo!

I stopped using Play ages ago as everything, like you said, arrived a week late, even preorders. Shopto also have become totally unreliable to me as out of 3 preorders, 2 never arrived and I had to claim for them to be resent. Game however have always been the number 1 to order from. Always arrive 1 or 2 days early. Alan Wake was sent special delivery so will guarantee to be here Thursday. Woo!

Shame about your Shopto problems, I hate when stuff like that happens. Yeah Game is good too, I remember getting Uncharted 2 for PS3 like 3 days early with them. Shopto usually has random bonuses with their deals like with Alan Wake I get a .pdf guide for it.

Why do people state that play are bad with preorders or mailing in general? I preorded LE edition of Alan Wake last week and it was posted yesterday. 24 hours later(literally) it arrived. This has happened on numerous occasions. And all these threads stating that play have the game in stock... To sum it yes they do but they don't post it until the day before or 2 days before if you are lucky. I guess what I am saying is that play are not bad with mailing at all and they change the description of the availability on the first day of the week of its release.

Pretty long winded but I hope its not too long winded and that it helps.

Why do people state that play are bad with preorders or mailing in general? I preorded LE edition of Alan Wake last week and it was posted yesterday. 24 hours later(literally) it arrived. This has happened on numerous occasions. And all these threads stating that play have the game in stock... To sum it yes they do but they don't post it until the day before or 2 days before if you are lucky. I guess what I am saying is that play are not bad with mailing at all and they change the description of the availability on the first day of the week of its release.

Pretty long winded but I hope its not too long winded and that it helps.

I state they are bad when 12 preorders were over a week late. If that doesn't allow me to state an opinion I don't know what does! I used them for years and they were flawless. They then turned to crap. I've since moved house and they still never got stuff to me on time so I don't use them any more. If your stuff arrives on time, good on you. Just as I have the right to say Play sucks for me, you have the right to say they rock. Simple concept really.

I state they are bad when 12 preorders were over a week late. If that doesn't allow me to state an opinion I don't know what does! I used them for years and they were flawless. They then turned to crap. I've since moved house and they still never got stuff to me on time so I don't use them any more. If your stuff arrives on time, good on you. Just as I have the right to say Play sucks for me, you have the right to say they rock. Simple concept really.
I did not once say that you are not entitled to your own opinion. Out of my friends who use play none have ever had any problems and you seem to be one of the unlucky few that has problems. Maybe moving house affected it in some way and you do know that play have no control on when the item arrives. Once it leaves them its in the hands of the royal mail. Play post their items early enough for them to be delivered on time. So if I were you I would blame the postman in the area that you live in. On the otherhand Play do have one strange fault... They state that delivery takes 3-5 days, so why do they post my preorders 2 days before release? Surely Alan Wake should arrive this coming Tuesday the latest? Not much of a complaint it just strikes as a little odd to me. Plus did you ever ask Play why your orders were always late? Maybe they have an answer.

I did not once say that you are not entitled to your own opinion. Out of my friends who use play none have ever had any problems and you seem to be one of the unlucky few that has problems. Maybe moving house affected it in some way and you do know that play have no control on when the item arrives. Once it leaves them its in the hands of the royal mail. Play post their items early enough for them to be delivered on time. So if I were you I would blame the postman in the area that you live in. On the otherhand Play do have one strange fault... They state that delivery takes 3-5 days, so why do they post my preorders 2 days before release? Surely Alan Wake should arrive this coming Tuesday the latest? Not much of a complaint it just strikes as a little odd to me. Plus did you ever ask Play why your orders were always late? Maybe they have an answer.

They'd always say the same, it's down to Royal Mail. Funny then that they sent emails to say stuff was shipped but the date stamp shows it was sent almost a full week after. That isn't Royal Mail, that is Play talking out of their arse and the postmark proved it, hence why I don't use them anymore. They lied, plain and simple and I can't abide that. This happend at both my new and old addresses so that was the final straw for me. GAME on the other hand have offered the best service hands down. Only once did anything not arrive and it was quick and painless to get another re-sent.

well sad to hear that, maybe the mailman was lazy?

got my copy today :) (not from play lol)

I usually blame the Royal mail, but I don't know. Every time I pre-order from Game I get it a day early. Every time I've ordered from play recently, it's been a day late.

Sucks.

Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow anyway.