After Rosetta

TotemicWeevil

Okay, so I'm at the point in the game where I've just reassembled Rosetta, watched the cut-scene and I now have to get to the exit but the room is filled with flammable gas.

My problem: I can't make it to the door without dying. I must have tried 20+ times and I simply burn up every time.

Does anyone have any suggestions, hints or tips on the best way to get past this? Or is this part of the game glitched / bugged like several other parts?

Thanks in advance.

It is quite easy to get through without any damage. Run down from where you start and take a left to basically do a 180. Go to the far side of Rosetta and make another u-turn. Go all the way back towards the room Ellie is in and make a third u-turn to go up the stairs to the elevator. Easy! Just look at the floor and the path is quite clear where no gas is.

After the cutscene, I ran right through the middle area between Rosetta and the little control room that Ellie was in. Had the same problem as you until I tried that. Got hurt a little, but I still managed to get through.

Thanks Rep, I tried your method and made it first time :)

Thanks to all the other posters too - much appreciated advice.

Or is this part of the game glitched / bugged like several other parts?

Thanks in advance.

I love this. You're not paying enough attention to your surroundings. So what do you do? You blame it on some non-existent glitch. This game is not bugged or glitched. Not any more than any other game of it's caliber being released these days. Step up you game. Figure out what you're doing wrong. And stop blaming it on something that isn't there.

Because...

It is quite easy to get through without any damage.

This quote is fact. I've played through this part of the game damn near 10 times now. And I've NEVER died doing it. Been burned, yeah. But dying takes a lack of sophistication that I can't even imagine.

But hey! I've been killed by Necros and some random environmental hazards. It must be glitched and bugged! THAT'S IT! This game is UNPLAYABLE!!! I REFUSE TO PLAY IT AGAIN UNTIL THEY FIX IT!!!11

I love this. You're not paying enough attention to your surroundings. So what do you do? You blame it on some non-existent glitch. This game is not bugged or glitched. Not any more than any other game of it's caliber being released these days. Step up you game. Figure out what you're doing wrong. And stop blaming it on something that isn't there.

Because...

This quote is fact. I've played through this part of the game damn near 10 times now. And I've NEVER died doing it. Been burned, yeah. But dying takes a lack of sophistication that I can't even imagine.

But hey! I've been killed by Necros and some random environmental hazards. It must be glitched and bugged! THAT'S IT! This game is UNPLAYABLE!!! I REFUSE TO PLAY IT AGAIN UNTIL THEY FIX IT!!!11

Who put a rocket up your ass?

If you actually read my original post, I simply asked if the game was glitched or buggy at this point because I was having so much trouble with it.

At NO POINT did I say that I thought the game was bugged and/or glitched. So PumpkinKing wind your fucking neck in and stop being a pain the arse!

hey weevil dont worry about these self rightous greater than thou jerks who inevitably post on every thread where somebodys struggling. they do it to boost their ego not realizing they look like fools. squash king obviously has no imagination what so ever after his comments and the never dieing part IMO is a blatant lie. i can get past this part no problem now but the route is extremely obscure and it would take a miracle to get through here with no prior knowledge the first time

hey weevil dont worry about these self rightous greater than thou jerks who inevitably post on every thread where somebodys struggling. they do it to boost their ego not realizing they look like fools. squash king obviously has no imagination what so ever after his comments and the never dieing part IMO is a blatant lie. i can get past this part no problem now but the route is extremely obscure and it would take a miracle to get through here with no prior knowledge the first time

FYI, I ran through this area on my very first playthrough without dying OR taking any damage. All I did was look at the ground and check where the gas was. All I did in this thread was outline how to get through the room without dying or taking damage. You just got hostile for no reason.

hunter your post was helpful to the OP or anyone struggling with this spot. my hostility if thats how you choose to interpret it was all directed at pumpkin. good for you supposedly making it out of there on your first attempt. pumpkin will believe you. i just have a little problem believing it myself because this is a timed event that gives no time to inspect the enviroment. then again maybe on easy you get tons of time and can hang out in fires

hunter your post was helpful to the OP or anyone struggling with this spot. my hostility if thats how you choose to interpret it was all directed at pumpkin. good for you supposedly making it out of there on your first attempt. pumpkin will believe you. i just have a little problem believing it myself because this is a timed event that gives no time to inspect the enviroment. then again maybe on easy you get tons of time and can hang out in fires

It doesn't bother me if you don't believe me, but I have run through it on easy, Classic, and Pure Survival without ever being hurt or killed. And before you even start running the path, you see Carver run the exact path you need to follow. Using that and looking at the floor let me get through it quickly and easily.

squash king obviously has no imagination what so ever after his comments and the never dieing part IMO is a blatant lie. i can get past this part no problem now but the route is extremely obscure and it would take a miracle to get through here with no prior knowledge the first time

Lol. Whatever the hell my "imagination" has to do with it.

If you honestly think this section takes a "miracle" to survive the first time through, I'd suggest putting down your controller and maybe finding another hobby. Because this part isn't hard at all if you're fucking paying attention. Then again, if you suck at gaming in general, I guess it would be.

Talk all the shit you want. I walked through this game on every difficulty. Dying maybe a total of 6 times across all playthroughs. And no amount of shit you can spew changes that. Fucking amateur.

what does your imagination have to do with it pumpkinking? read your first post and with some study you might figure it out, just not the first time. sorry to be so obscure with my sarcasm. fortunatley the games path was more clear. try not gloating so much during your posts. you seem so arrogant. i back it up in game not going into threads where people need help and saying how easy it is. such a troll cliche

Lol. Whatever the hell my "imagination" has to do with it.

If you honestly think this section takes a "miracle" to survive the first time through, I'd suggest putting down your controller and maybe finding another hobby. Because this part isn't hard at all if you're fucking paying attention. Then again, if you suck at gaming in general, I guess it would be.

Talk all the shit you want. I walked through this game on every difficulty. Dying maybe a total of 6 times across all playthroughs. And no amount of shit you can spew changes that. Fucking amateur.

Dude, you're kind of a dick.

I'll admit that thinking this part is hard is a little ridiculous, but just because you're much better at video games than others doesn't give you a right to treat them like shit. What gives you the right to think you're so much better just because you're good at video games? You're pathetic if your self-worth is even remotely based on that.