Do You Think Season Passes Are Worth It?

SilentStrike011

I'm unsure on this. I don't really like paying for things before i know what they are and a lot of content usually becomes available in the sale sooner or later.

Eg, I got all my Gears 3 content in the sale and it was less than 2400msp and quite frankly they're all aimed at specific game modes so if you only play mp you've pre-paid for a useless horde pack. Same with LA Noire, i got all the DLC for half price.

Cod Elite and the Battlefield add ons for 4000msp means you've paid nearly, if not a bit more, £80 for the game and they could release crap (collection 2 mw3 i'm looking at you here) and you've already paid for it.

I think season passes are nothing more than a more subtle attempt to rip people off.

This is just my personal opinion, for hardcore fans of a paticular game I'm aware it may be useful.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had access to 3 season passes - Saints Row: The Third (1600 MS Points), Gears of War 3 (2400 MS Points) and Forza Motorsport 4 (2400 MS Points). In total, that's..... a little over 105 AUD.

Worth it? Saints Row: The Third has the worst season pass of any game I have ever heard/seen that contains a season pass. 25 AUD for ~3 hours of gameplay is unacceptable, especially when a lot of content from SR2 was not included in SR: The Third.

Gears 3 and Forza 4, I don't play them enough to comment on the add-ons, but I'd say it is worth it.

Overall, I do think they are a rort. Yes, you do save a few dollars, but that is no excuse to give season pass holders shit-ass content because you feel like you can get away with it, since we've already paid upfront.

COD Elite is paying itself off in spades. New game modes, along with new maps at a good consistent rate, on top of new Spec-Ops maps and missions, along with new achievements, plenty of double XP weekends for premium owners, along with all the stats/weapon guides (which I'm all for). All in all, I'm happy I paid the extra fifty bucks at the time, I've gotten and will continue to get plenty of content for my money.

As others have said, it really depends on the game.

CoD Elite I am happy with that purchase. I play it enough and have gotten, what I believe, is a good return for what I paid.

Gears of War 3. Hit and miss. I got the season pass on sale for 1600 or 1800 I think. I don't play it as much as I should, but have enjoyed what I have played. With that said, I have probably not gotten my money's worth on that one. But, that's on me.

I was trying to think of other Season Passes I have, and I think those are the only two. If Fallout NV had a season pass I would have gotten that without issue. I can't think of any other game where I would jump at getting a season pass.

I'm not a fan of not knowing what I am paying for, or when it's coming out.

Most are worth it such as L.A Noire and I suppose gears of war but some are a bit overpriced with the content inside, Saints row 3 was absolutely terrible 1600MSP for 10 minutes of gameplay also Battlefield 3 seems a bit steep of 4000MSP as a lot of people already have the first DLC and the season pass has it along with the other DLCs too there should probably be a 1000msp discount for those who have back to karkand. There aren't many season passes out there but they aren't all great at the moment.

It offers a saving. But it depends if you want the dlc. I only buy dlc if I like a game. LA Noire and Saints Row 3 had awful dlc. LA Noire I waited until the half price sale to get it all and SR3 I didn't even bother. I prefer dlc to be substantial. I got Missing Link for Deus Ex half price and was seriously impressed. All depends on how much of a completionist you are as well.

I have bought a season pass and that was for Gears of War 3... couple of weeks later and everything that I had purchased was on sale which I was very disappointed about to say the least.

I was tempted to purchase the Saints Row The Third season pass but after look at how much I'm actually save I decided not to do that. I would be saving under £2 if I bought the season pass rather than all the content seperately. Not much of a saving in my eyes.

If you're sure that all the DLC/episodes/etc are worth it, why not?

It saves you having to purchase points several times if you can just get it over with at once.

I would get one for The Walking Dead if they had one.

At least I don't think they have one, haven't checked really.

From what I know PS3 has one and Xbox doesn't, which is silly :(

Depends on what is involved with the season pass. It is usually mentioned what all is included with the season pass. I have only bought two myself.

L.A. Noire was bought when the season pass was half price and was totally worth it.

Saints Row the Third....well, let's say I was less than pleased with the content. Especially since the first DLC (Genkibowl VII) should have been in the game to begin with and not a DLC.

I bought the Gears of War 3 Season Pass. It was kind of worth it until a month later when the season pass went on sale then it wasn't worth it anymore cause I could have just waited. That and I'm not playing it as much as I thought I would.

L.A Noire was ok I was glad the DLC was story missions and not tacked on DLC so I bought it and I enjoyed it. Could have been longer cases but I had fun.

Depends which publisher is offering the season pass. If it's R* they are less likely to mug you off by putting the DLC packs on offer later. Activision, Microsoft and EA probably will.

I've noticed this with R*, I've been a fan of them since their early gta games. However, I don't know how much the LA Noire season pass was, but i got all the dlc individually in the sale ages ago and it was VERY cheap.

I havn't bought any so far, I've managed to get all my dlc in sales and it's turned out cheaper than buying the passes.

I think that a season pass is a pretty good idea, but it is a bit of a risk to be honest. I bought mine for Gears 3 and it was pretty good value but I just didn't love Gears 3 the way I did the original so I rarley play it! but I'm sure many gamers out there are glad they bought it.