The Common cure to Werewolfism

Annihil88torr

I have completed all of the Companion's quests and thought why am I still a werewolf? Well Here is a guide I found that is very helpful, now the tricky question is do you want to be a werewolf or get the sleep bonus? It's your choice but choose wisely.

eing a werewolf ain’t easy, as our “How To Become A Werewolf” page makes abundantly clear. If you don’t want to be a werewolf anymore, or just took one too many scratches from a random werewolf, this is where you’ll find the cure. Just surviving in Skyrim isn’t going to be easy, you might want to check out our massive text and video walkthrough. Or, if you’re looking for more specialty articles to discover the secrets behind Skyrim, stop by our cheats page.

http://cdn.gamefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/sky7.jpg

How To Cure Being A Werewolf

First, you’ll need to join the Companions. If you’re already a werewolf, you should know them by now. Check out “How To Join The Companions” for more information on The Companions.

Finish their line of quests. When you’re done, talk to the leader of the Companions — Kodlak, or ask around about a cure for werewolves. Speaking with Aela the Huntress in Whiterun will also tell you more about the Companion’s affliction.

The Companions will offer you a special quest that will cure your lycanthropy

— this is a permanent change, you’ll never be able to become a werewolf again. If that’s what you want, take the quest and complete it.

This was found off of gamefront.com

What are your thoughts? What did you do? Are you still a werewolf?

Still a werewolf but never use it after that brief part of the quest. Good to know I can get rid of it and how. I hate not having a sleep bonus.

I guess you must like contracting diseases. Fun fact, Sanguinare Vampiris bypasses all resistances to disease, minus Lycanthropy. Besides, who sleeps anyway?

I guess you must like contracting diseases. Fun fact, Sanguinare Vampiris bypasses all resistances to disease, minus Lycanthropy. Besides, who sleeps anyway?

Nothing potions cannot fix since alchemy is a key componant to acquiring the best gear in game.

How might you raise your skills to get that gear? To get that one handed better? To get your armor rating higher?

SLEEP

Sleeping is the process of resting in a bed, sleeping bag/roll, or pile of hay to fully restore your health, magicka, and stamina. In addition, sleeping in a good bed gives a temporary bonus to magicka and health. If you sleep long enough in a bed belonging to someone else but have gained access to, you will receive the "Rested" bonus which gives you 5% increased skill-up speed for the next 8 hours, real-time. If you sleep in a bed you own, such as in player owned houses or if you rent a room at an inn, you receive the "Well Rested" bonus, giving you 10% increased skill-up speed for 8 hours. If you have a spouse and you sleep in the same house as them, you will receive a "Lover's Comfort" bonus which gives 15% increased skill-up speed for 8 hours. The lover's comfort effect can be duplicated by The Lover Stone which confers this bonus for as long as the stone is the player's active symbol. If you have The Lover Stone active, or you are a Werewolf, you cannot gain resting bonuses. However, you can be a Werewolf and have The Lover Stone active at the same time.

So for a simple act of sleeping, and lets say this person DOES NOT use the Ohgma Infinium glitch, Why the hell wouldn't you sleep when you can raise your skills STUPID fast by such a simple act?

I'm slogging through alchemy and every bonus helps. Especially with smithing and enchanting following it.

And diseases are easily cured by any of the many shrines that are EVERYWHERE. You can't go a few miles without tripping over some shrine of some god or constellation.

I'm slogging through alchemy and every bonus helps. Especially with smithing and enchanting following it.

And diseases are easily cured by any of the many shrines that are EVERYWHERE. You can't go a few miles without tripping over some shrine of some god or constellation.

Exactly this too, In addition to the potions you can easily make while leveling your alchemy.

Being a werewolf in this game sucks, Simple as that.

Immune to disease? Pshh, Shrines and potions.

Run faster? How about explore and fast travel.

Good for combat? Make better gear for christ sake lol

EDIT: IF and ONLY IF the benefits of Lyncanthropy and Vampirism were like Morrowind, Where you actually got a statistic bonus while in normal form would they ever be worth it.

Edited by XBM Yosho

Nothing potions cannot fix since alchemy is a key componant to acquiring the best gear in game.

How might you raise your skills to get that gear? To get that one handed better? To get your armor rating higher?

SLEEP

Sleeping is the process of resting in a bed, sleeping bag/roll, or pile of hay to fully restore your health, magicka, and stamina. In addition, sleeping in a good bed gives a temporary bonus to magicka and health. If you sleep long enough in a bed belonging to someone else but have gained access to, you will receive the "Rested" bonus which gives you 5% increased skill-up speed for the next 8 hours, real-time. If you sleep in a bed you own, such as in player owned houses or if you rent a room at an inn, you receive the "Well Rested" bonus, giving you 10% increased skill-up speed for 8 hours. If you have a spouse and you sleep in the same house as them, you will receive a "Lover's Comfort" bonus which gives 15% increased skill-up speed for 8 hours. The lover's comfort effect can be duplicated by The Lover Stone which confers this bonus for as long as the stone is the player's active symbol. If you have The Lover Stone active, or you are a Werewolf, you cannot gain resting bonuses. However, you can be a Werewolf and have The Lover Stone active at the same time.

So for a simple act of sleeping, and lets say this person DOES NOT use the Ohgma Infinium glitch, Why the hell wouldn't you sleep when you can raise your skills STUPID fast by such a simple act?

They raise stupid fast on their own thus devoiding your argument completely.

Exactly this too, In addition to the potions you can easily make while leveling your alchemy.

Being a werewolf in this game sucks, Simple as that.

Immune to disease? Pshh, Shrines and potions.

Run faster? How about explore and fast travel.

Good for combat? Make better gear for christ sake lol

EDIT: IF and ONLY IF the benefits of Lyncanthropy and Vampirism were like Morrowind, Where you actually got a statistic bonus while in normal form would they ever be worth it.

RPG. Tell me what it means. Thanks.

Edited by AOS Puck

some raise stupid fast, others are a seriously boring chore. Alchemy can be a chore just waiting through restocks to get the few ingredients to make high cost potions that give the best xp bonus.

The extra 15% at that point would make the slog from 80+ less about ripping my hair out at potions that barely register the bar moving.

some raise stupid fast, others are a seriously boring chore. Alchemy can be a chore just waiting through restocks to get the few ingredients to make high cost potions that give the best xp bonus.

The extra 15% at that point would make the slog from 80+ less about ripping my hair out at potions that barely register the bar moving.

Uh huh. You do realize money is like...insignificant in this game, and you can just talk to a trainer, right? Wait, doesn't that invalidate everything? I believe it does.

I've got a Dark Elf and Breton clean save at level 81 it took me 36 hours to do each so I only sleep for roleplaying purposes so I like being a werewolf for the disease immunity. Also I do it some time as a rp I transform and devour bandits and wildlife xD.

I'm still a werewolf, but it's completely due to laziness. I played through most of the game without being able to get the well-rested bonus, so why should I care at this point? :p On the flip side, I never use the werewolf form either, so it's a stalemate between two sides I don't care about. In the end, I will probably continue to be a werewolf out of laziness.

I found being a werewolf is pointless. I only used it once and got killed by 4 steel arrows. I was level 28 as well with loads of health. Just never bothered with the cure. My new game, I'm not gonna bother being a werewolf and get my sleep bonuses. To help improve some skills quicker. Like alchemy, that does need help and is completely the opposite of Oblivion.

Uh huh. You do realize money is like...insignificant in this game, and you can just talk to a trainer, right? Wait, doesn't that invalidate everything? I believe it does.

Sounds like it just invalidated the whole rpg thing. I mean what is next, fast traveling instead of walking?

And if money were insignificant it wouldn't be useful in speeding the leveling process for those who'd rather not slog through making potions the old fashion way. Easier to come by, but no where near as insignificant as other rpg's that tack on stores and a monetary system as an after thought.

I've used it 1-2 times. I like having it, just in case and because it seems cool to do it. As for sleeping, I only do that when I have stuff to sell and the shops are closed. I know...I probably should get rid of it and get some real sleep.

As for the Compaions quests...I get the same "animal extraction" one a lot and a few different ones but how many are there?

Edited by ChickinOnaChain

Lycanthropy and Vampirism are poorly designed in this game.

I get that the Companions are technically the "werewolf guild" rather than the Fighters Guild, but it's garbage that Bethesda forces the player to become a werewolf to complete the questline. Vampirism was purely optional in The Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion.

Now, maybe you want to Rest, maybe you want to try out Vampirism. you end up curing yourself, but what if you ever want to become a werewolf again? You can't. The cure is permanent.

I have a bunch of issues with Vampirism, mostly revolving around the attribute caps and lack of regeneration in sunlight (I'd rather take damage over time, honestly,) but all enemies becoming hostile towards you is the worst part if you don't take time to feed. In Oblivion, so what, a couple NPCs wouldn't talk to you. You could feed at your leisure and come back later. Now however, you need to pull some amazing stealth to feed on anybody if you weren't paying attention (which honestly happens a lot if you travel the countryside for a few days then fast travel somewhere.)

Finally, quite frankly the benefits of being a vampire suck (pun partially intended.) Oblivion gave you some sweet stat boosts, and the most weakness to fire you ever got was a manageable 50%. While the resistance to frost is certainly very good in Skyrim, you're pretty much defenseless against anything with fire magic, a big problem when the game's key enemies are DRAGONS. At low levels you're far too weak to manage being a vampire, and at high levels, you don't really need the bonuses given by Vampirism anymore.

Personally I'm probably gonna cure my Lycanthropy once I get complete the two quests related to Hircine and get 1000 Bounty in every Hold.

Lycanthropy can't be cured by those shrines, I've tried it and I'm still a wolf!

I completed the companions questline and cured my werewolfism because as others said its is pretty much pointless. BUT, it still says I am a werewolf in my stats page and I dont recieve bonuses from sleeping. I can still get diseases and I cant turn into a werewolf. So what the hell is going on? I am level 55 so it doesnt really matter to me one way or the other but I would like to know if I am experiencing a glitch or what?

• 3 months later...
I've used it maby 3 times, but it says i've been a werewolf for 158 days and 179 days have been passed.

this.

And I went back to that place to cure Kodlak and I tried curing myself but it wouldn't allow me. I still have 3 of the witches head.