to be or not to be...

snipeye

From the short time I played as a werewolf, I did not enjoy it. You have absolutely no armor, only one weapon, no shouts. It's more of a gimmicky-thing, imo, with no real gameplay value. It might also depend on your level. I was a pretty high level (49/50?) when I first became a werewolf and kept getting pwned (I assumed the NPCs leveled up to me). I cured myself as soon as I was able to do so.

Never played as a vampire; no desire to become Edward Cullen.

You have to become a werewolf to get the Brotherhood achievements. Other than that, it is your choice. However, it is not much of a burden. The good thing is, you never have to turn into a wolf once you have the option to do so. You give up the well rested experience bonus, but gain 100% disease immunity.

It is also a convenient way to snag the Master Criminal achievement, assuming you don't want to actually save your game after you go on the crime spree and deal with cleaning up your mess. You can run a lot faster as a wolf and changing in front of people gains you automatic 1000 bounty. So, go wolf form in town, sprint away until you are clear, wait a day, fast travel to the next hold, rinse and repeat.

Being a Werewolf is much better than a Vampire. You have the option to enable/disable Werewolf form whenever you desire, and, you can easily rid of the mutation by placing a Glenmoril Witch Head in the blue soup at the end of the Companion's quest line. It's as easy as that.

The bad thing about being a werewolf, though, is that you can't loot people's body's after killing them. You only gain a small amount of health after feeding on someone, too; so it's not very effective for combat.

You have to become a werewolf to get the Brotherhood achievements.

Should be companion, not brotherhood.

As for keeping it, if you are just playing through for fun, keep it. Not having to cure diseases is handy when slogging through dungeons. If you are maximizing stats dump it as the well rested bonus will help more with skill ups.

Werewolf could be really fun, you get some bonusses, but its YOUR choice to transform in or not..

After you are a vampire, you have to play with it.. the pain is that you should keep on feeding yourself not to transform into the lvl 4 vampire..

To be honestly.. i played as a vampire and i really liked it when you are in dungeons.. (especially for my stealth playstyle) but at daylight i remembered the pain..

Its up to you.. you can try to play as vampire first... if you dont like it.. do the werewolf quest and you get cured of it.

I would stay human for the Rested and Well Rested bonus, unless you are under the Lover's Stone (Which I am.), it doesn't stack with the Rested and Well Rested bonus and so losing out on those is no longer a consequence. Becoming a Werewolf therefore has no real negatives and offers a 100% Disease Resistance (Pointless if you're Argonian.)

Don't even waste your time with Vampires. They weren't very good in Oblivion and they're worse in Skyrim.

Don't forget there's an achievement linked to becoming a Werewolf. (Become a member of the Circle, 10G.)

I'm about 60 hours into the game, and I've decided to keep the lycanthropy.

Losing the rested bonus isn't much of a big deal, since according to the wiki the rested bonus does not stack with the similar standing stone bonuses. The immunity to disease is very nice. A sprinting werewolf is faster than a sprinting horse, so I typically only shift to use it as a travel form. Another benefit is that any crimes you commit as a werewolf do not add bounty, as nobody knows it's you unless you shift in plain sight. I took advantage of this to kill those two Redguard warriors who refused to leave the entrance to Whiterun after I finished their quest.

Once you hit a decent level, the beast form becomes less useful in combat as you won't be getting apparel bonuses.

To me the werewolf is the better option. I have a wood elf archer who is a werewolf. I never use the well rested bonus so even without using the beast form the 100% disease resistance is great and there are no other negative effects.

I have a vampire mage aswell. This is not as good. Feeding all the time is a pain and the worst part is health/magicka/stamina do not regenerate and are reduced outside during the day. This is obviously a critical flaw for a mage outside without magicka means I use loads of potions. also lack of stamina regeneration means I cant run much. not to meantion the 25-100% weakness to fire which sucks against fire breathing dragons.

man I feel like I am missing so much...what is the rested/well rested bonus?

When you sleep 8 or more hours you get a well rested bonus. It makes your skills level 15% faster. I always forget to use it, and when I do it runs out after fast traveling somewhere. I think the % goes up if your married and sleep with your husband/wife.

man I feel like I am missing so much...what is the rested/well rested bonus?

When you sleep 8 or more hours you get a well rested bonus. It makes your skills level 15% faster. I always forget to use it, and when I do it runs out after fast traveling somewhere. I think the % goes up if your married and sleep with your husband/wife.

If you're married, you get Lover's Comfort (that's the one that's 15%; the others are 5% and 10%). Unless you're looking to boost specific skills (e.g., right before you smith or enchant) or need help getting to level 50, I didn't find sleeping bonuses all that helpful so you're not really missing much.

• 2 weeks later...