cant seen to find certin enchanted items

unkie fester

Wow thats lame, whats the excuse this time for taking out some great enchanments?

I miss the detect life enchant, all those little glowing pink dots. The detect life spell is a constant drain on my magicka. I tend to just spam the aura shout untill I see others then use detect life to check if its friend or foe.

I can't even enchant things! or find enchantments! So this sucks!

You need an item that has the enchantment you want, and item you want to enchant, a soul gem with a soul in it, and you need to use an Arcane Enchanter. Once you have these click the table and select the ones you want to use.

The Arcane Enchanter looks like this...

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/4632/188211322493898.jpg

By enchantment, you mean frost or fire? So I get an orc sword of frost for example, a soul gem and the sword I want the frost enchantment on, then use one of those tables?

yes. The bigger the soul gem and higher your enchant skill is the stronger your enchant will be. Grand & Black are the biggest soul gems.

By enchantment, you mean frost or fire? So I get an orc sword of frost for example, a soul gem and the sword I want the frost enchantment on, then use one of those tables?

Yes. In addition, once you disenchant a weapon, you can use that enchantment as many times as you want to. It is there forever. You can't add all enchantments to everything, some enchantments are only for armor and some for weapons. Obvious ones are elemental damage for weaponry, but there's also the Fortify [insert Skill] Enchantments that, AFAIK, you can't add to weapons, and only to armor.

I believe that until you gain more perks to strengthen enchantments, and/or you get a higher skill, some enchantments end up being very weak. You might disenchant something with 40% resistance to shock damage but when you try to enchant the same boots you would get 3% at best (true story).