4-Star vs Big Star Weapons

Mikeyspinkick

Gotta say I wanna know as well. I saw somewhere that once maxed in compatibility the big star/joke weapons are better in some way. It may be in that + number after the atk

That is exactly the difference.

Not all big star weapons are stronger than the character's 4 star weapons though, as far as I'm to understand

For example, a 4 star weapon may get a +18 at max compatibility, whereas a big star weapon may get a +54. (Seen on the Giant's Tonfa)

Which brings up the most obvious question; WHICH Big star weapons are better or not better?

Unless you really don't feel like leveling up a weapon's compatibility that much to make it usable. But, if you get one early on for a character you plan to use in your main team, then I suppose you got the best end game weapon already I guess.

Don't wanna double post. But since it's been brought up here, if anyone who checks this thread and knows what the Joker in the Pack stats (the throwing cards for throwing knife characters, in case the translation is different) are at max compatibility, It'd be nice to know that, since I'm building a Yuanji up for my triple attack/crowd control character.

Edited by Onyxflamegod

I am just guessing here but I think the joke weapons would be the weaker out of the 2.

Some of the joke weapons are really awsome looking though. My best character right now is Zhang Liao and I have his joke weapons, the Rock God, which is a couple of big red electric guitars. While they are weaker than his 4 star weapon its just too awsome running around and beating the crap out of enemies with those things.

@Onyx

I love Yuanji, but I couldn't tell you the stats for the Joker in the Pack weapon. I keep her in my team cause she is really useful. She kills enemies so easily, awsome crowd control skills, and she builds up the Triple attack meter so fast.

Ok so I maxed out my Joker in the Pack and the atk bonus is +54, as well as every other big star weapon I've maxed or seen maxed.

And every 4 star weapon I've maxed is only +18.

So Yuanji for example, gets a 42 atk 4 star weapon, and a 60 atk big star weapon, at max.

The downside however, is that you don't really gain much in the line of stats at all until about halfway into the compatibility, then it starts going up by several at a time. +10 Harmony on your weapon at least until it's maxed and removing it later will be a great idea for that.

So unless there are other weapons with different stats, it really does just come down to preference in how much you wanna work for the weapon.

If you're just getting the S in proficiency for someone, then using a 4 star weapon would be best since you need them for an achievement anyhow, and you'll S rank LONG before you max out the weapon's compatibility.

However if you intend to use someone as a main character of yours, then you may wanna invest in a big star weapon because those seem to be the best at max seeing as they seemingly all raise to +54 at max compatibility.

If they all raise to +54 that is some good news. I like some of the joke weapons from Dynasty Warriors 7 and I think its pretty cool that they put them into this game as well. The only joke weapon I have right now is Zhang Liao's Rock god. I didn't get any other ones yet.

Yep, got a few more weapons to max and it seems as if the big star= +54 and 4 star= +18 applies to so far, all weapons.

Also, since that seems to be the case, I decided to throw out some quick math to help make getting final weapons simpler to decide on.

I found that (assuming the bonus is consistent) you can't even beat the compatibility bonus that the big star weapons get, unless you have a base attack on your 4 star weapon of over 36. And that's not even taking the joke weapon's base attack into consideration. (36+18=54, for those questioning my logic.)

So for people like Tadakatsu who gets a 4 star weapon with a base attack of 51, his 4 star weapon is better than the joke weapons, however someone like Yuanji, who's 4 star weapon is only 24 atk, she's better off with a joke weapon. Some characters however, Such as Zuo Ci, can break even. and get the same stats from their max 4 star weapon as a max big star.

And with that, that should answer any future questions people may come asking about the difference in them. :) (Assuming the weapons are all the same)