Azura's Star Question

Aeternox

How the heck do you use this artifact all the other ones are self explanitory but I have soul captured several times and even without any other gems in my inventory and it just doesnt seem to fill up ever. What am I doing wrong with it?

Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: I still haven't really got this to work ever for me so I guess maybe it's just bugged. It's complete so I don't know why it won't capture and infact it won't capture any souls period for me even tho it's been complete since I posted this message yesterday. It's not a big deal I guess I can just get by and use the soul gems.

Edited by Aeternox

Soul traped and killed a beast while the effect was still active? Try enchant a weapon with 1 sec soul trap and get the killing blow with that weapon.

The normal star can only trap white souls, not people souls. Also dragon souls cannot be put in soulgems.

It's just a big reusable soul gem. Works just like the others. If you have a black one, it will only capture human souls. The white one will only capture creature souls. If you have not repaired it, it will not capture any souls.

The black one is broken so it can capture any soul, not just black ones.

Crap, I didn't know that. I got the white one. I just figured, I guess. I thought I had read it only capped people. That's cool. For me, I made a bow with a one second soul trap. Even with crappy (at the time) enchanting abilities, it had hundreds of uses. Works great.

OP, if you're still having problems, I would grab a couple empty soul gems and try filling them to make sure your issue is specific to Azura's star. Not sure, other than that. Hop this helps.

It's only supposed to be able to capture black souls so when they fix the bug/glitch then it won't be able to capture white souls anymore if you make it black. Nelacar even states that it will only be able to capture black souls making me think it's definitely a bug. Of course you could just make it black and enjoy it while it lasts. Although once you made azura's star black in oblivion it could capture all souls, not just black. So that makes it a little confusing if it is actually a bug or they just messed the dialogue up.

Edited by rapture23

First, I'm terrible with names...but I got to a point to where I'm supposed to go into the thing, to kill a guy in it. (see, I told you I was bad with names) But I tried and got killed 3-4 times, either by the main guy in it or his "helpers". Any "hints"?

Use a summon to cause a distraction, then bum rush the guy. Then you just need to focus on survival for a few seconds while the plot resolves. The only downside is you don't get to loot the deadras.

When I did it, I also decided to make the dude's fate ironic and trapped him in a black soul gem, which went into an Ebony Bow I renamed Azura's Wrath.

First, I'm terrible with names...but I got to a point to where I'm supposed to go into the thing, to kill a guy in it. (see, I told you I was bad with names) But I tried and got killed 3-4 times, either by the main guy in it or his "helpers". Any "hints"?

bring lots of high health potions and your best damage weapon and armor. I hated that place because I play stealth and the place is way to bright. I reloaded like 8 times, got the black, then reloaded to see if the white was any different (before realizing I had the interwebs and could of googled it) only to have to reload another 8 to 10 times.

As someone else said, summons make good distractions.

Use a summon to cause a distraction, then bum rush the guy. Then you just need to focus on survival for a few seconds while the plot resolves. The only downside is you don't get to loot the deadras.

So you only need to kill the main guy then, and not the Daedra? I always get killed on this part, too. It's the last artifact I haven't gotten (but I have the achievement anyway, so no worries). I'm not even particularly weak, but for some reason their combined force is strong enough to overwhelm me VERY fast.

Cast a decent level summon either from a scroll or because your mage can. Rush the main bad guy and kill them in your preferred method (probably need to chug potions, those daedra fireballs will drain you quick). Once he is dead high tail it back to the start and cast another summons and by the time they are done focusing on that you should be pulled out of the star.