Weapons Pack DLC???

Just wanted to throw it out there to see if I'm the only one who has the microscopic hope that they'll release a weapons pack for the game with additional weapons, etc... I think it'd be cool. Hey, one can hope right. I just keep starting up the game with the hope that the AUG-BAR from MW2 might magically appear in the LMG options LOL

If that were to happen, wouldn't that mean that if you don't have the gun pack, you couldn't play with anyone who did?

No, they'd end up all being in a patch so every machine has them and purchasing just unlocks each, similar to how unreleased game modes get put on the discs for "future release".

And I'd hate to lose a free dlc to a weapons pack. All they'd be is a clone of another weapon that is already in the game given most of the current crop of "new" guns are merely the old guns in new skins.

This won't happen, and if it does, then I get the feeling that it will be another case of DLC on the disc. The reason for this (actually it was IW/Treyarch's reason) was that everytime a map is loaded, it also has to load all the gun textures, models, files and so on, and that this gen of consoles doesn't have enough RAM to load any more than what's already there. However, I get the feeling this is actually just a limitation of the IW engines, because even on PC (where RAM isn't an issue) modders still can't add more guns than what is already in the game, unless they take some out.

Also, another thing was that MS used to have a policy that a dev couldn't release a paid DLC that gave someone an advantge over others, but that definitely went out the window a long time ago.

Edited by WOLFkraut

Probably won't be a good idea, people already complaining about the current guns, new weapons would definitely blow up te bitching thread or create new ones where people complain and others will direct them to te bitching thread- but I do miss dolphin diving into objectives in domination

I wouldn't pay for new guns. If they were free, sure they'd probably be cool to try out but I just couldn't justify paying for guns when the current ones aren't an issue. There is enough variation and enough guns in the game as it is, adding more would be pointless.

Although it would be quite cool to see a MW2 Famas vs the Type-95

Treyarch put out a reason why they can't have them too, or rather why it's complicated. (At least for Black Ops).

It was in a video that I can't find but it was to do with the cap for the game being filled and not having any left to work with. That and map packs are easier as they are only loaded into the memory once as opposed to the different weapons being loaded in a lot more.

Though i'd imagine something like this COULD happen (not sure it would for obvious complaining reasons) with new consoles and thus more space.

Why does every one keep saying this, i bought the Fad with a token & i think its a good gun, the way it gets talked about u would think it was the new F2000 which it isn't, well i suppose every body's entitled to their opinion.

I like the FAD alot but with that being said I also wish I didn't unlock it. The only reason being is that I'd much rather use the MP7 or G36C. The FAD is right in the middle of the two but the MP7 lets you move quicker so I'd rather use that.

There would be a lot of backlash of people crying unfair or something I bet if they sold dlc guns

this is the exact reason that 402 gave. He made it very clear that a paid elite user would NOT get in game advantages of non paid users. Weapons and Perk DLC will be out of the question for this reason. (or so they claim)

this is the exact reason that 402 gave. He made it very clear that a paid elite user would NOT get in game advantages of non paid users. Weapons and Perk DLC will be out of the question for this reason. (or so they claim)

What they should do though is make one for everybody... for free.

Lol, impossible, but if they ever did it that'd be the only way.