Soul Enchant on Weapon

Evo Kazz

I have not worked much with Enchantments, but I really want the soul spell on my sword. I have the spell but not on an item to destroy, is there an item in Skyrim that already has Soul attached, that I can either use? Or destroy. The spell I want is the one that fills gems on a kill.

Yes there is, I just got one among some random loot during one of the radiant quests. The effect isn't near as strong as the spell itself though, the effect is that you must kill it within 10 seconds after hitting it, but when I added it to a weapon, best I could get was about 4 seconds with a minimal amount of charges. That's probably due to my Enchanting skill being low, but I doubt the amount of time you can get from the Soul Trap enchanted weapon will get as high as the 60 seconds you get from using the spell.

After you find a typical weapon with a Soul absorb enchant. Disenchant & apply it to any weapons you want.

Tip. When you choose the enchantment, you will get a 'within x seconds' option. I recommend dropping it all the way down to 1 second. As your killing blow will still absorb the soul. (unless your playstyle relies more on others doing the killing for you). & when you drop it down to 1 second you get many more uses per charge! That's many more kills before needing to recharge your weapons.

Also. be sure to use a GRAND soul whenever enchanting anything.

or a high level bow and arrow. I used one for a while to shoot deer and such. Absorbed lots of them. Then did my deadric sword and absorbed tons of them. Got more souls than I know what to do with..

Also later on I highly suggest using a health absorb once you get really good at enchantment. You can absorb health with each attack. This makes you last longer in battle and rely less on potions.

Edited by rattrap007

Don't need much more than 1 second on a dagger with back-stab and shrouded gloves.

You dont need more then 1 sec on any weapon, since its only the kill that counts, and with 1 sec, it gives you many, many more charges...which is more useful anyway.