Most hours clocked into one game?

Kangaroo Swagg

Just curious to see what's the most time people have put into one particular game. So post what game you have put the most hours into and exactly how many hours.

For myself it would probably have to be TES IV: Oblivion. I've put in a little over 600 hours into that one. Playing Skyrim right now and I'm at 350 hours with only the DLC's left so looks like Oblivion will hold the record. The 600 hours is most likely due to the fact that I am a hardcore completionist. I've never met anyone that comes even close to my standards on completion and I probably never will. This is what has led to (in my opinion) my somewhat low gamerscore. I play games until absolutely every part is beaten, even stuff I find tedious or more of a chore/work. If I wasn't such a try-hard I'm pretty confident I could easily be in the 300,000+ GS in the two years I've had my current profile. I don't care though, I love being a completionist, not just some guy who gets the 1000GS and throws the game to the side. That's the easy way to do things.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man...Fallout 3. I'm at around 2,570 hours into my save. Fallout New Vegas comes after with 300 hours. I umm...have a guilty pleasure playing it over and over and over again.

I think very few will beat me here. I have just over 198 DAYS on Halo Reach now.

I don't know the exact amount of time I've played the entire Mass Effect trilogy, but if I have to guess, I'd say about 300+ hours spanning across all 3 games with and without all the trilogy's DLC. Most of my playthroughs would last anywhere from 35-50 hours, depending on the number of characters I've made. Well, that and with each new DLC that came out, I'd go back and do full playthroughs all over again with some of them.

The most time I've spent playing a XBLA game was about at least 230+ hours, and that was on Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (with eventually all DLC as well). Some of the weapons, armor, and rings were super hard to get and took forever to do it.

I think very few will beat me here. I have just over 198 DAYS on Halo Reach now.

You have 4752 in a mediocre Halo game? Not sure what to even think about that. I'd like to see some proof though. Not saying I don't believe you, just want to see that for myself because I find it a little crazy lol.

OT: Dark Souls this gen for me I've put in around 1300 hours between the console and PC versions.

Games that I've put the most time into though, I'm not sure on the numbers but Starcraft 1 and Diablo 2 I know I have easily put at least 4000-4500 hours into each of those alone. I played them constantly for over a decade lol.

Edited by Gackt

You have 4752 in a mediocre Halo game? Not sure what to even think about that. I'd like to see some proof though. Not saying I don't believe you, just want to see that for myself because I find it a little crazy lol.

OT: Dark Souls this gen for me I've put in around 1300 hours between the console and PC versions.

Games that I've put the most time into though, I'm not sure on the numbers but Starcraft 1 and Diablo 2 I know I have easily put at least 4000-4500 hours into each of those alone. I played them constantly for over a decade lol.

See for yourself. All the stats are online on Waypoint and Halotracker. http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/nolifedgenerate/haloreach

Team Fortress 2 for the PC clocks in at 1,515 hours currently.

After that, it gets a little fuzzy due to older games not tracking time or save files lost or overwritten to the ether. If I had to guess, the next major time sinks would be Pokemon Red (Countless playthroughs, even had a legitimately completed pokedex in one), Pokemon Ruby (at least one save file had 150 hours), Civilization II or III (self-explanatory), or TIE Fighter (did countless full game runs, including the one battle that takes approximately 3 hours to finish).

• Halo: Reach - 543 hours
  • Trials Evolution - 263 hours
  • Minecraft - 230 hours

All according to Raptr. I probably have many more hours in Fallout 3 than Minecraft or Trials, but Raptr only clocks gameplay after you register an account.

I also probably have more time across the Pokemon and Guitar Hero series. Those are the only two game series I can honestly say that I've been addicted to.