Castlevania: LoS DLC

• 2 weeks later...
Is it worth the extra 20 dollars or so to download the 2 DLC packs for Castlevania? The game is amazing and by far the best Castlevania game made for quite some time, I have heard different things about the DLC however.

They're sorta short, but if you want to experience the main story's epilogue for yourself, then buy it.

• 2 months later...
Either pack is pathetically short! Less than 1-2 hours each.

If you want to check them out, I have them here,

http://www.youtube.com/On3ManCr3w

Well, the implied relationship is 5 dollars per hour for most campaign DLC, so that isn't too bad. Still, paying twice as much for DLC as I did for the game itself is nuts. I think I'll just watch the gameplay. The story doesn't interest me enough to pay to play it. Kinda bummed they rebooted such an intricate storyline in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, the implied relationship is 5 dollars per hour for most campaign DLC, so that isn't too bad. Still, paying twice as much for DLC as I did for the game itself is nuts. I think I'll just watch the gameplay. The story doesn't interest me enough to pay to play it. Kinda bummed they rebooted such an intricate storyline in the first place.

If you've held off, the DLC will be 50% off next week (400pts/each).

-Michael

• 2 weeks later...

The answer is just no!

Unless you are a completionist feeling the emense urge to complete this game there is no fucking reason to buy these abominations of mankind.

It's extremly short, has bad annoying leveldesign and extremely cheesy "cutsceens". The story is just a mess that feels tagged on and makes no real sense. It's just poorly made, with no effort at all put into it.

Overall its just 5 levels, one of that is even a copy/paste of a level we already had in the main game. Selling this for 20$ is just a rude offense to the loyal customer. I would only recommend this to my worst enemies.

• 4 weeks later...

Having played these (got them during the sale), I have to say I actually enjoyed them.

Granted, I only played them on Squire (I haven't played the game in over a year, since I got the 1000/1000 in the original game, so I needed to get back into the swing of things), but I had a lot of fun and I really had no problem with the additional story to fill the gap between the game and the epilogue. I felt it was neat.

Now, it doesn't do anything really *different* from the main game and it's kinda short. Laura controls like ass and the battle with The Forgotten One felt like fighting Pan again but with new moves, but it was still fun, for me. I haven't tried higher difficulties yet, but whatevs. I think my only real problem was the inconsistency of the cutscenes (Reverie is all motion-comic, Resurrection is realtime, and then the end is a motion-comic for no reason; I don't really understand why they weren't all real-time, like the main game; Or why Resurrection had both types).

Having said that, I would NEVER recommend these for $20, even as a huge Castlevania fan and a fan of this game itself. There is simply not enough content to justify that price in any way.

5 subchapters total. Reverie is essentially just 3 puzzle levels and some fighting while Resurrection is mostly just a boss fight split into two levels.

I'm fine with paying $10 for them together, but $20 is simply too much for what amounts to maybe 2 hours, 3 hours max (potentially being generous, I don't know; And I got stuck on the puzzles a few times) on a first playthough of both in total.

Lazy achievements and only about 3 hours of gameplay (excluding if you replay it on multiple difficulties and do them again for the Trials to get all the achievements) doesn't really equate to a good use for $20.

But like I said, I enjoyed them, and would definitely suggest buying them if they're ever on sale again.

I was scared due to all the hating from people angsting about TFO on Paladin, but I have no regrets now.

Edited by MoldyClay87