Best ending EVER

Gamer Relaps3

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I literally almost cried. Never thought i'd see the Mr. J go. even Batman seemed hurt behind it. As a matter of fact, I think Batman's reaction is what drew so much emotion out of me. GREAT ENDING! I'm not gay, by ANY MEANS, but I think the guys at Rocksteady all deserve the world's best handjobs for this masterpiece!

Edited by SK8BT

Seeing as Mark Hamil said he won't do the Joker anymore, I think that "Arkham Country" (see what I did there >.>) wont have him. You can't replace that voice. Why even try, people will just be like its not the same. This new guy sucks, grab your torches and lets go on a rampage! I think they did the right thing.

Tell me what u guys think.

biggest disappointment this year...

The twist with Clayface was cool (even though i already thought about it, because of a topic named "leaked clayface images"). I like such twists, even though it felt like SAW :D

It didn't feel like a Batman in the end, but at least the beginning was nearly perfect (one of the best).

When it got near the end of the game, I was a bit devastated as I figured that there would be no more surprise villains left, and I was hoping Clay Face would be in it. Accepting the fact that there would be no Clay Face, BOOM! Clay Face makes his appearance, and I was happy with how he came to be.

But then the end came and I was truly crushed, The Joker was no more. :(

I hated the ending so very much but at the same time I loved it. It was a real surprise which got me emotionally. I've never felt so bad over the death of a fictional character before.

Just goes to show the kind of relationship Batman actually had with Joker. Was he carrying the woman he loved out of the city nope, he was carrying Joker. You know Batman gonna miss that crazy bastard, cause he didnt have to kill him, but you could tell he was sad. Which is wierd to me. Nobody is that much of a boyscout, he has made your life a living hell, you didn't have to be the one to kill him, but they portrayed him more sad about that than Talia didn't really make sence from a human emotion standpoint, but meh too much psychoanalyzing, it was still good.

^^ it clearly says 3 hours ago... even if it didnt it was a "missed call" meaning clearly happened previously in the timeline. But hey just because he is dead doesn't mean he is dead.... but if Mark Hamil isnt doing the voice anymore Id rather not see him in future games. Not much can replace that voice, its too distict too good.

I believe it said 'You have one missed call from three hours ago". So that would have been before Joker died.

^^ it clearly says 3 hours ago... even if it didnt it was a "missed call" meaning clearly happened previously in the timeline. But hey just because he is dead doesn't mean he is dead.... but if Mark Hamil isnt doing the voice anymore Id rather not see him in future games. Not much can replace that voice, its too distict too good.
Okay, I was half sleep watching the credits waiting for something to happen and that came on and only heard it was the Joker.

Thats a great way to kill the character for now if Mark is done. I can see them moving on to Batman Beyond now.

I believe the reason he was so moved by joker's death is because after all... batman was responsible for how the Joker came about due to the confrontation in Ace Chemicals.

Batman probably believed he could save the Joker... not just physically but also mentally. Maybe the Joker is Batman's form of redemption. With Joker gone... well... that's it.

What I don't understand is why didn't the Joker just drink the cure? He had plenty of opportunities.

Also, do you guys think that someone will just revive him in the Lazarus Pit, and that he is not really dead for good?

You need to pay a little more attention.

#1. Joker never had the cure. Talia stole it (either straight from Freeze of from Harley, I've already forgot that part). Then Clayface (posing as the Joker) got it. Then Batman took it from Clayface.

#2. The Lazarus Pit was destroyed (though I guess it could be fixed). If you were paying attention when Ra's used it, the thing needs massive amounts of electricity to work and the conducter above it was destroyed in the final battle.

Another thing to consider is that there ARE more than one of the Lazerus pits scattered about the world. Ras' forces are immense. It's not impossible to say members of the League of Assassins collected both his and Talia's bodies for that.

In regards to the Joker's death, I'm always stoked when a game can get an emotional response from me over a character's passing. ESPECIALLY when it's a VILLAIN. Awesome job Rocksteady.

On the other hand though, Joker is notorious for faking his own death. Done it more times than I think even DC can recount. So it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that Mr.J's just pulling another joke on the Bat and good ol' Gotham.

Can anyone tell me why Mark Hamill is done doing the Jokers voice? I saw several mentions of it in this thread but it doesn't make sense. It isn't as if he's busy with other acting and voice over gigs.

Why don't you take a look at his IMDB page and then try this again. Not only does he keep busy with other work, he's been doing Joker's voice for 20 years. Even if he didn't have a single other job, it'd be perfectly reasonable to want to move on after 20 years. Also, he's interested in moving into directing, so yeah. Dude has earned his retirement and has plenty other work to pursue.

Can anyone tell me why Mark Hamill is done doing the Jokers voice? I saw several mentions of it in this thread but it doesn't make sense. It isn't as if he's busy with other acting and voice over gigs.

If I remember correctly, in an interview with him years ago he mentioned that Joker's voice tends to put a huge strain on his vocal cords. He said he loves the gig and all, but yeah, after 20+ years of that voice...I can see why he's wanting to give up the joke.

You need to pay a little more attention.

#1. Joker never had the cure. Talia stole it (either straight from Freeze of from Harley, I've already forgot that part). Then Clayface (posing as the Joker) got it. Then Batman took it from Clayface.

talia stole it from harley. you forgot the part in steel mill where you find her tied and gagged ;)