Quick game overview

RoSsBoI

Here is what I have found so far:

Sprint events; new start system is good as you can build up your speed before you start running. There are also a few different button combos for running so everyone is happy.

Long distance events; these events are easy to win but very hard to get good times as the new system is (I believe) quite realistic allowing slipstreaming etc.

Field events; New javelin setup works very well allowing for consistant, lengthy throws. Discus, shot and hammer have familiar control setups but are hard to master. If you get a lucky throw (that isn't a foul), it will probably be a good one. High jump is quite easy to master, but again, good results are few and far between. Long jump and triple jump have familiar setups, allowing for consistency, and good distances.

Aquatics; swimming is very difficult, new control system requires opposite rotation of both sticks at the same time for those with slow fingers, (such as myself) or A, B, A, B button combos as is usual in these games. Diving is incredibly clever, requiring great hand eye co-ordination lining up the diver's head and feet, with stick positions shown on screen. Quite easy to master when you know what your doing.

Shooting; I've only tried the quick draw, and, while being a little difficult, concentration and steady hands will usually get a good result.

Table tennis; As far as i can see its very hard, i played 9 points, (losing them all) and the only shots i hit were my serves, theres probably something i'm missing but i havent got it yet.

Cycling; again quite easy to master, 20 laps of rotating the stick might sound hard but you dont need to rotate fast and the new system is quite clever so you should find it OK.

Online; allows up to eight (cheers Vapourise) people to compete on Xbox Live or four on same Xbox in a variety of events. Online achievements are limited but there. Those looking for someone to play with add me under the gamertag: I VeNeGaNCe I

Overall

Of what I have experienced of the game it has a few nice new touches which is good to see from quite a closed type of game. There are enough events available to keep most gamers happy for a while, as long as you dont get frustrated easily. Multiplayer is fun and allows you and 3 friends to battle it out in most (maybe all, not sure) events. For those of you looking for easy achievements, this is probably not the best game for you, although 200-300 points are quite easy, a full thousand will take a lot of practice, a few controllers and a lot of pain relief. My advice is rent dont buy as you may not like the added difficulty of the game, but for those looking for a great challenge, this may be the game for you!

Edited by RoSsBoI

i want to add that in my opinion the table tennis isnt to hard. not if your playing offline. when your playing onlne its lagging ALOT. same with judo. every time i play online i need to restart because the screen have frozen.

kayaking: HARD, really hard. im starting go get the hang on it but its still really hard. the achievement (112s) is far away. to take every gate feels almost impossible.

pole vault: I dont get it? you push the buttons, then hit the arrow in the right area but 9 times of 10 i dont come over anyway? the tutorial tells me to do the axactly same thing like in athens. but its not working.

Any ideas?

i want to add that in my opinion the table tennis isnt to hard. not if your playing offline. when your playing onlne its lagging ALOT. same with judo. every time i play online i need to restart because the screen have frozen.

kayaking: HARD, really hard. im starting go get the hang on it but its still really hard. the achievement (112s) is far away. to take every gate feels almost impossible.

pole vault: I dont get it? you push the buttons, then hit the arrow in the right area but 9 times of 10 i dont come over anyway? the tutorial tells me to do the axactly same thing like in athens. but its not working.

Any ideas?

Pass. Ive never [layed these modes. Table tennis just seemed hard coz i didnt read how to play but its not too bad when you get what to do. Ill get back to you on the other things but thanks for your input in the mean time.

here is a guide i was looking at the achivements and seen the ones were it is like win table tennis without losing you canset a xbox live ranked match get a friend in the match. when you serve just get over net and say to your mate dont hit it when it iis his serve tell him to press nothing 5 seconds later he will hit it automatically do it until you have won 11 - 0 and u will et the achievment same with judo tell him to press no buttons and u will get the gamerscore do it 5 times on a rwo and you will get back to back glory there you go hope you get it