Ranked Servers?

CovertDog

i tried today for 1 hour to get a ranked room and nothing is it now shut or what

tried following day also still no joy.ok now contacted thq on the phone this was the response i recieved

Date 12 January 2010

Further to your correspondence of 12 January 2010

Your customer number is *********

Hello Anthony,

Sorry for the delay, we've had some problems at our end which has hampered our ability to test this issue out. Hopefully this should be resolved by tomorrow and I'll let you know our experience.

Best Regards,

Paul K. at THQ Technical Support

lets see what happens tommorow

Edited by anthony

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to share some info I recevied from THQ support....

Thank you, for contacting THQ Customer Support.

It appears the ranked servers are still online. We are checking with Kaos Studios for more info.

In the meantime, please see this connection info, as most problems with online connections are based on the user's end:

While attempting to join an XBOX Live! game while playing Frontlines: Fuel of War, you may receive a pop up message alerting you of your NAT (Network Address Translation) setting. You will receive this message if your NAT setting is "Moderate" or "Strict" for Frontlines: Fuel of War.

Devices that perform Moderate or Strict NAT can limit the ability of gamers to find each other, participate in sessions, or hear each other on XBOX Live!. If you're using a router or gateway with a moderate or strict NAT, replace it with an XBOX Live! Compatible device.

Please see the following link to make sure your home network hardware is "XBOX Live! Supported by Microsoft".

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox360/homenetworking/equipment.htm

Depending on the device that connects your XBOX 360 to the Internet, your NAT setting will be one of the following:

Open:

Open NAT means that the port-assignment policy on the device that connects your XBOX 360 to the Internet either is minimal or the device complies to the Universal Plug and Play standard and is enabled. This means you should not encounter any issues that are related to the other NAT setting.

Moderate:

Moderate NAT means that a minimal port-assignment policy is enabled, but the device that connects your XBOX 360 to the Internet is blocking addresses or ports. This means you might encounter issues communicating, hosting or joining games on XBOX Live!.

Strict:

Strict NAT means the port-assignment policy on the device that connects your XBOX 360 to the Internet is strong. This means it’s very likely you’ll encounter issues communicating, hosting or joining games on XBOX Live!.

# The way to test what which connection type is being used by your XBOX 360 is as follows: Power on your XBOX 360 (make sure a game disc is not loaded into the system)

# From the Dashboard press right on the D-Pad until you reach the 'System' blade

# Select the Network Settings option and press A

# Select Test XBOX Live! connections and press A

All of your network settings will be tested. Once complete, the last line listed will display your NAT type.

How does this affect the multiplayer functions of Frontlines: Fuel of War?:

If your XBOX 360 is connected to a device that reports your connection as Open, you can rest assured that you will not have a problem either hosting a Frontlines: Fuel of War game on your XBOX 360 or joining one from the in-game lobby or via invite. You will also not have any issues with communication with other Open NAT users.

If it's reported that your connection is Moderate or Strict, you may have difficulty with communication, hosting or joining games.

To change your NAT setting, you will want to consult the manufacturer of the device that connects your XBOX 360 to the Internet or contact your Internet Service Provider. Also please refer to the Microsoft site listed above to ensure you have an XBOX Live! compatible device.

Best regards,

Jodie G

THQ Customer Support

Surprisingly my NAT setting is set to strict! But I can't believe this would be the reason for all of us not finding a game...

I read that over at their official site. They also tell you how to search for a ranked match. I have tried everything, but still haven't found one since the first week I played it. That was like 6 weeks ago and I didn't have a problem then. Well hopefully they do check with Kaos and find something out.

Edit: Moved some posts in here to the achievement trading thread located HERE.

Please keep the arranging of matches there and this for discussion on the servers.

Edited by CovertDog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...