1000 sharks eaten?

Kamek

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some tips:

1.) Play level 38 of the main game. All of the other levels with sharks in them either have mines, jellyfish or the Shark King (who doesn't count as a shark). 38 has a lot of fish, but no hazards other than that.

2.) Once you're big enough to eat sharks, chow down. Try not to eat anything except sharks - although sometimes, it'll be too crowded to move without eating something else. Stay FAR away from the "Frenzy" bubbles that make you zoom around eating everything on the screen.

3.) Keep an eye on your growth meter. Once you've almost filled it, head down to the bottom of the screen, and let the oyster eat you. It's the only thing that can actually kill you on this stage when you're at your biggest.

4.) Repeat steps 2 and 4 as many times as you can. I usually manage two or three shark-eating sessions before I accidentally eat too much and end the level. I average 20-30 sharks per play.

Note: DO NOT, under any circumstances, eat a Shield bubble while large. If you have a shield, the oysters won't be able to kill you, and neither will anything else. The Shield is useful when you're trying to grow big, but make sure to lose it before you hit the third stage.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This achievement is annoying! Level 38 is too tough! Between the shields (which prevent you from killing yourself in the clams), the diseased fish which make your controls go all wacko, and the billions of fish on the screen making it easy to pass the board by accident it's taking way too much time! Well, that is, if you can survive with enough lives left in order to be able to eat the sharks! Also, there's no way to tell how close you are to getting the achievement, unless you've been keeping a tally yourself and I'm not that disciplined. There's got to be an easier way!

This one took a while. I started on the first stage as the whale and kept going. I tried to save up my lives till I got further along. Had a hell of a time trying to kill myself with the oysters (I may have had the shield not that I think about it). I ended up using the mines a lot. Your continues keep adding to your score - just make sure you actually finish the stage (not sure if it keeps track - does not seem to add to the food bank though). ♠

• 2 months later...
Some tips:

1.) Play level 38 of the main game. All of the other levels with sharks in them either have mines, jellyfish or the Shark King (who doesn't count as a shark). 38 has a lot of fish, but no hazards other than that.

2.) Once you're big enough to eat sharks, chow down. Try not to eat anything except sharks - although sometimes, it'll be too crowded to move without eating something else. Stay FAR away from the "Frenzy" bubbles that make you zoom around eating everything on the screen.

3.) Keep an eye on your growth meter. Once you've almost filled it, head down to the bottom of the screen, and let the oyster eat you. It's the only thing that can actually kill you on this stage when you're at your biggest.

4.) Repeat steps 2 and 4 as many times as you can. I usually manage two or three shark-eating sessions before I accidentally eat too much and end the level. I average 20-30 sharks per play.

Note: DO NOT, under any circumstances, eat a Shield bubble while large. If you have a shield, the oysters won't be able to kill you, and neither will anything else. The Shield is useful when you're trying to grow big, but make sure to lose it before you hit the third stage.

i got my achievement usin this method and i managed to eat 98 sharks in 1 run!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to pop in and add my displeasure to the groups of people who tried grinding the last level... I didnt keep track, but I knew I had to be close... then 4 or 5 rounds getting at least 200 sharks a piece led me to believe something was wrong. Come check the guide... Shark King does not count. Great... so sharks eaten: close to 2000. Sharks eaten not including shark king: probably about 30.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I use level 37 (Merry Go Round) and I can get over 70 sharks in one play (you have mines and clamps when you need to die) and if you grab a shield powerup (the one with the S) by accident, you can get rid of it by hitting a mine (it will not kill you if you wear the shield, it will only destroy the shield). And avoid at all cost the Frenzy powerup and the sick, poison fishes. For me, level 37 is easier than level 38 (Shark Reef) because of all this. If you can get ~70 sharks in one play everytime, that is ~700 sharks in 10 plays, wich is not bad, you are 3/4 way through for the achievement :D

edit: I just unlocked my last and final achievement for this game...YAY. Level 37 people. You can get between 60 and 80 sharks per play if you are lucky (and even more if you earn extra lives during the process)

Edited by Dany1981Mtl

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i can't get it, do you have to quit the game after finishing level 38, then replay it or do you have to finish the entire game everytime? and then start again at level 38?

i have trying more than 10 hours and still no achievement! i hate this one

• 1 month later...

when playing through the campaign i found that 37 was easier cause you could off yourself with the mines when needed. got 95 to 100 everytime.

you can play the level, then when its done tallying and moves on to the next level you can quit and play it again.

Edited by RoyallFreshness

• 1 month later...