Surfin Safari and La Bamba

I have 5 stars in all the other songs, but for the life of me I just cant do these two. I believe the main problem is that the song is too fast (maybe?) and definitely the moves... I just dunno what Im doing wrong but its usually my hands that are glowing. I believe its due to you having to flail your hands up a lot and its simply out of the kinect's field vision. Nonetheless, if somebody still reads these posts, any help would be appreciated. Having Kinect in a bright room helped tremendously but these two songs are just meh... Well cya guys and thx :drunk

I have 5 stars in all the other songs, but for the life of me I just cant do these two. I believe the main problem is that the song is too fast (maybe?) and definitely the moves... I just dunno what Im doing wrong but its usually my hands that are glowing. I believe its due to you having to flail your hands up a lot and its simply out of the kinect's field vision. Nonetheless, if somebody still reads these posts, any help would be appreciated. Having Kinect in a bright room helped tremendously but these two songs are just meh... Well cya guys and thx :drunk

I too am having major difficulties with surfin' safari - inparticular the move where you move your arms in a circle in front of you and the foot twist move where your arms are also moving from left to right. Didn't have too much of a problem with la bamba, but just make sure you're moving your legs/feet too when you need to.

• 1 month later...

Make sure elbows are level with your shoulders when you do any moves that pop or lock. For me the main change on surfin' safari that i needed was to move my feet around wider for the sensor to register it. I moved them higher and wider than the chipmunks

Gl

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I am also having trouble with La Bamba, having only reached 4 stars once. It's the last song I need.

Playing with the synchronization seemed to help with some songs. Some did well at 0 ms, some at 350 ms, some in-between. I guess I haven't found a sweet spot for La Bamba yet.

Edit: Finally got La Bamba. I played at 350 ms sync. Like most songs, you have to experiment to find what the sensor wants. These adjustments helped me, but your mileage may vary:

Swinging arms up: swaying side to side at the same time

Swinging arms across body: I swung my arms lower than on most songs, more like chest height instead of shoulder height

Swinging arms and twisting foot: I moved my whole body side to side

I never could get the hand chopping consistently right. And even the moves above only sometimes gave me blue checkmarks. On my successful run, I got 2 Munkpowers. I reached 5 stars with only one cue card to spare.

Edited by MathGuy42

• 11 months later...
Finally got La Bamba. I played at 350 ms sync. Like most songs, you have to experiment to find what the sensor wants. These adjustments helped me, but your mileage may vary:

Swinging arms up: swaying side to side at the same time

Swinging arms across body: I swung my arms lower than on most songs, more like chest height instead of shoulder height

Swinging arms and twisting foot: I moved my whole body side to side

I never could get the hand chopping consistently right. And even the moves above only sometimes gave me blue checkmarks. On my successful run, I got 2 Munkpowers. I reached 5 stars with only one cue card to spare.

Was struggling slightly, only getting around 4.5 on the star meter.

Saw this post, bumped it up to 350ms, tried the motions you suggested and got it on my first try.

Thanks dude :dance: