Final boss help

chach7171

*spoiler* as if asking for help on the final boss wasn't warning enough...Ok so me and Yasha are inside of Vlitra and basically fighting the larger Asura lava dude and i cant do a damn thing to get my rage over halfway. This is my first playthrough on the game and i'm on hard difficulty figuring i'd get that outta the way first, and havent had much issue with any other battle but this one. Are there any tips with this because i've tried staying at range and that doesnt work because he doesnt throw enough stuff at me to throw back, getting in tight doesnt work because he decimates me after a couple exchanges too. Could really use a tip what'd you guys do????

*spoiler* as if asking for help on the final boss wasn't warning enough...Ok so me and Yasha are inside of Vlitra and basically fighting the larger Asura lava dude and i cant do a damn thing to get my rage over halfway. This is my first playthrough on the game and i'm on hard difficulty figuring i'd get that outta the way first, and havent had much issue with any other battle but this one. Are there any tips with this because i've tried staying at range and that doesnt work because he doesnt throw enough stuff at me to throw back, getting in tight doesnt work because he decimates me after a couple exchanges too. Could really use a tip what'd you guys do????

Keep your distance and rapid shoot him to build your unlimited bar. Then activate it and beat the crap out of him. Retreat after its gone and rinse and repeat. Try to learn his moves as well.

Okay i'll just try to write down the way i did the Boss three times.

The first thing the boss will probably do is a "slide" towards you or yasha, just dodge it and immediatly ran to him. Then use a strong attack via "Y" and smash the hell out of him with "B".

Then he will jump away, maybe he do another slide or some fireball-crap, try not to get hit - like EliteShadowMan said, keep distance!

He do 2 different attacks which are able to be countered. he will build a "rock" infront of him and throw it at you. Try to counter it with "B".

Or he raises his arms and tries to hit your head with a huge blade or what-ever. Counter this with Y.

Everytime he is "confused" or "paralized" ran towards him and hit him with Y und then combo with B. When your gauge is ready activate it when you are near him, then Y and then B.

You also should use some rapidfire when he jumps away, but dont forget do jump away/dodge.

I feel your pain i speny nearly 2 hrs and was so close to calling it quits. I recommend doing it this way wait for yasha to attack up close as soon as u see him do that rush up and keep attacking sometimes he'll go dwn sometimes he'll stay up now if he stays up hit Y it pauses him for a few seconds back away because he will launch and drop his volcano attacks, Now the other way is keep your distance he'll launch a counter event u can repeat this process but becareful as he will change the Counter buttons from Y to b

That is why most people just play hard once they get their Obliterate gauge which make hard easier than easy :p

But i totally know how hard the last boss is , i've made my first playthrough on hard and the way i did was pretty much as eliteshadow says , shoot him up til you get your rage filled up then use your invincibility against him for a bit , jump back and keep using your strafe whenever needed aswell as being quick on the qte when he jump up or shoot his projectile.

I Dont get it the first time i beat the final boss with ease,

Now im doing the special mission and he is beast.

Every time i get him down to press Y afterwards he is across the map when i am finally there he is already up.

Cant evade his attack when he launches towards u

When he throws rocks u have little time to press the button and sometimes its B sometimes its Y.

U press the button wrong by mistake costing u 25% of your health.

I Dont get it the first time i beat the final boss with ease,

Now im doing the special mission and he is beast.

Every time i get him down to press Y afterwards he is across the map when i am finally there he is already up.

When he throws rocks u have little time to press the button and sometimes its B sometimes its Y.

It usually switches between y and b anyway. But i know what you mean cause that happened to me as well.

If you're using the mortal gauge you can use this strategy on all bosses. Either wait for them to get close to you or run to them. Hit LT to sorta repel them, hit Y four times with timing before rage runs out. If you knock'em down, do the QTE hit nothing else. Chase them down & start all over. Use counters whenever possible & recoveries. You might not even take damage

There is allot of bullshit when it comes to the boss fights, im using that strat the whole time.

There are moments u cant evade because your in a animations, u insta die from one move etc.

u dont understand how many times i tried dodging and crap and still get hit, The bugs seem to only happen when your fighting Deus and the last lvl boss I spent almost 2 hrs on deus and the another on his nunchuck mode then the real pisser that almost made me go im done was the last boss the Burst gauge took so long to fill up it wasnt even funny

Just dodge the launch with RB. My problem is that he always targets yasha, who always gets hit, which means I can barely punish him at all.

Yeah, just press Y or B, you have a lot of time to react. Not a problem.

The RB dodge is completely invincible, don't forget about it.

Thanks guys i finally beat him, even tho it sounds like i shoulda just run through on easy first to limit my playthrough time. Not that the game takes along time to beat but it'd be alot faster if skipping the cut scenes was just one button press in stead of hitting back half a dozen times lol...also *spoiler*....the ending was kinda laaame

Just dodge the launch with RB. My problem is that he always targets yasha, who always gets hit, which means I can barely punish him at all.

Yeah, just press Y or B, you have a lot of time to react. Not a problem.

The RB dodge is completely invincible, don't forget about it.

I see now that i have allot more time then i thought, the projectile just pauses almost and u can press the right key, thanks!

For the last part, that isnt the case for me in most situations. U have those bullshit moments where u press RB and stil get hit.

Most attacks i can dodge but with mortal Gauge 3 hits and your out.

Comparing to the length of the battle its a pain in the ass

Eddit:

HOW THE FUCK

Do u evade / counter the attack when he shoots a wall of erupting volcanos at you that closes u in a tight circle. When it gets to the center it will move away from the center and in the meanwhile he has two swords which he spins with, and then while your in an animation he throws a rock at you wich u cant counter cause of the animation.

FREAKING THREE ATTACKS AT ONCE

this is insane, ive beaten him two times on normal with an s rank, now with the mortal gauge cant do shit. Last try this evening then im gonna quit this game fuck it

Edited by Dark Link IV

For the last part, that isnt the case for me in most situations. U have those bullshit moments where u press RB and stil get hit.

Most attacks i can dodge but with mortal Gauge 3 hits and your out.

Comparing to the length of the battle its a pain in the ass

Eddit:

HOW THE FUCK

Do u evade / counter the attack when he shoots a wall of erupting volcanos at you that closes u in a tight circle. When it gets to the center it will move away from the center and in the meanwhile he has two swords which he spins with, and then while your in an animation he throws a rock at you wich u cant counter cause of the animation.

The roll is completely invincible... for a short amount of time, sorry for not specifying that.

That move is very easy to dodge actually. First, roll through the wall of fire, then jump to the side and press X to extend your jump, clearing the lasers easily. Then just counter the 3rd attack.

The roll is completely invincible... for a short amount of time, sorry for not specifying that.

That move is very easy to dodge actually. First, roll through the wall of fire, then jump to the side and press X to extend your jump, clearing the lasers easily. Then just counter the 3rd attack.

Rolling trough works 50% of the time, cant counter third attack because im in mid-air evading the lasers ;)

Why do i have the feeling im playing a diffrent game, ive beaten it already with an S rank two times on normal. Im not a n00b and its not easy like u say it is.

Not being a dick here but on Mortal i had 18 and 18+ done quick. if you stay at maximum distance and shoot load your unlimited mode, unload on him while your in unlimited up close. Just stay in the air and stay far away with not in unlimited mode. I know it's a bitch but that's what I did.

Not being a dick here but on Mortal i had 18 and 18+ done quick. if you stay at maximum distance and shoot load your unlimited mode, unload on him while your in unlimited up close. Just stay in the air and stay far away with not in unlimited mode. I know it's a bitch but that's what I did.

Thats what I did, and that isnt the problem.

My problem is that i cant evade nor counter attack.

And with little health your done lol.

It seems sometimes attacks are glitched bugged. Its rather luck then realy owning the game.

Rolling trough works 50% of the time, cant counter third attack because im in mid-air evading the lasers ;)

Roll later, jump way earlier. You'll be on the ground before he's done with the swing. This works 100% of the time for me, and unless you're playing on hard and that is completely different, it should be the same for you.