Jetstream DLC is Out

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its says 56 achievements in this game now, the four new ones are:

1: "DL-Story-01: Status - Closed" - Complete DL-Story-01: Jetstream.

2: "You're Hired" - Defeat Sen. Armstrong without taking any damage on Hard or above.

3. "Master of the Wind" - Complete DL-Story_01: Jetstream on Revengeance difficulty in 1hr or less.

4. "Draw, Pardner" - Defeat 100 enemies in DL-Story-01: Jetstream Story Mode using Quickdraw.

Whats peoples thoughts on the DLC then? im gonna get it, but, will probably give it a few days just in case any bugs pop up.

Just finished it on Normal without dieing in an hour and four minutes. I grabbed all but one VR and found all the life and fc upgrades and explored a bit. Its a bit harder then the main game but I found it really fun. Lots of replayability since I didn't even touch the VR's and still have to get three achievements. The final boss is frustrating though, barely beat him without dieing. Revengeance difficulty is going to be tough, the time part maybe not but the actuall bosses will be the challenge.

Overall I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I started the DLC yesterday and it updated the game and the achievements and I got the first achievement without problems.

The problem is not that they're not unlocking.

They won't show up on your gamercard because they haven't been uploaded on xbox.com yet.

I just checked your profile and you only have the original 1000.

Only way of fixing it is to recover your gamertag and the re-earn them when they have been uploaded properly.

As long as xbox.com only lists 52 and not 56 achievementswe have to wait.

The problem is not that they're not unlocking.

They won't show up on your gamercard because they haven't been uploaded on xbox.com yet.

I just checked your profile and you only have the original 1000.

Only way of fixing it is to recover your gamertag and the re-earn them when they have been uploaded properly.

As long as xbox.com only lists 52 and not 56 achievementswe have to wait.

Damn I just noticed this too. Yesterday 51/56 and 1015G and now 50/52 and 1000G. And I just beated last boss without taking damage after 3 hours of trying... I'll just go and kill myself now.

Wait before killing yourself; there are good chances that you don't have to do it again due to how the achievements unlock in this game (the trigger is recorded in the stats, not just in the actual action). If it's the same as the main game, you'll only have to access a specific menu (final mission menu, customization, etc.) to unlock them again.

I'll give this a try later.

Damn I just noticed this too. Yesterday 51/56 and 1015G and now 50/52 and 1000G. And I just beated last boss without taking damage after 3 hours of trying... I'll just go and kill myself now.

Please don't...lol.

I feel sorry for you. Is fighting him with the no-damage bonus that bad?

The video lumen18 created made it look manageable.

Wait before killing yourself; there are good chances that you don't have to do it again due to how the achievements unlock in this game (the trigger is recorded in the stats, not just in the actual action). If it's the same as the main game, you'll only have to access a specific menu (final mission menu, customization, etc.) to unlock them again.

I really hope you are right. It was just a huge pain for me to get it, I really can't get into playing as Sam.

Please don't...lol.

I feel sorry for you. Is fighting him with the no-damage bonus that bad?

The video lumen18 created made it look manageable.

For me it was very hard. I didn't find a solid way to get him do "unsafe" things as he is just constantly attacking and canceling things into other things so it was just evading and hoping to get a change to do some damage. Then there is probably a glitch as sometimes when he does his fire charge or whatever he starts to circle around you at crazy speed instead of just going straight from wall to wall, and I found that to be impossible to evade because of the speed. If you evade it he has done a full circle around you and hit you at the end of your evade x__x

But Lumen is a lot better at this game than I am :D and even I got it so anyone else can get it. Just a warning: you will hate the last boss soundtrack after 3 hours :D

Yeah, this is actually the case.

I went in to Sam's story and all the achievements unlocked for me.

By the way, are you gonna do a VR Mission 04 S Rank guide on Revengeance?

I'm having a hard time on this one...

Tried and failed for two hours straight lol

I'll give it another shot tomorrow >.<" Those last 200 BP are annoying, uh.

Yeah, I always got 900 on the kills.

I think you need 31 or 32 kills to get 1000 points.

I got 33 kills once but then my BP wasn't enough.

They shouldn't put ranked battles in the VR missions, it's just annoying.

I thought VR 02 was bad, but still manageable.

VR 04 is just stupid, it's kinda impossible to no damage this one.

No Damage is something I'm not even going to attempt. Right now I'm trying this:

1. Cyborgs x 5 - No Kills

Refill FC after taking them out, since the strength of the counters is proportional to the FC in this DLC.

2. Matsiffs x 3, Vodomjerka x 2 - Parry-counters for quick finishers. Do not Zandatsu the second Mastiff, just enter and quit Blade Mode after the execution.

3. Hammerhead x 1, Sliders x 4 - Taunts and Zandatsu.

4. Gekko x 1, Fenrir x 2 - Try to parry the charge of Gekko or to make the Fenrirs kill him with the knives attack. Then parry-counter them to death (if only one is left standing try Assault Rush after weakening him with RT+X and X melee combos).

5. Raptor x 2 - Counters for the first one, execution after berserker wears off for the second one.

6. Tripod x 11 (I think), Cyborg x 2 - Taunt and RT+X attacks for the Tripods. Throw RP Grenade when the Cyborgs spawn, then Taunt them and cripple them with standard X combos to no-kill them. Alternatively, Taunt them and use two Assault Rush to weaken their arm, and then chop it off with a single blow.

7. GRAD, FML. Taunt when you see an opening (such as after his spinning attack), then pray for him to switch to his non-bipede mode and throw EM Grenades to buy some time while you load Charging Slash. Each will take down his health by -20%, so with five EM Grenades he's dead. Problem is, the bastard keeps moving, and one series of his cannon attack is enough to instant kill you even if you reach him with full health and RN. The GRAD should kneel, briefly stunned, after two Charging Slashes followed with just a few more melee hits.

An alternative strategy for the GRAD would be nice, but I really have no idea how to proceed. Of course the counters are the primary alternative choice. Bah >.< I'll give it some tries later.