Anyone else getting weird messages?

Doge

A few hours ago I got a message from some guy I guess telling me to go to a site. He clams he got a "gold iphone 6" from some raffle site. Then I get another message probably from the same person. It tells me to enter my email at the site.

Anyone else getting this too? I'm not dumb enough to go to the site let alone put my email in. Just wondering cause this is the first time I have actually seen this.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few hours ago I got a message from some guy I guess telling me to go to a site. He clams he got a "gold iphone 6" from some raffle site. Then I get another message probably from the same person. It tells me to enter my email at the site.

Anyone else getting this too? I'm not dumb enough to go to the site let alone put my email in. Just wondering cause this is the first time I have actually seen this.

i get loads of spam msg's about UT coins, gamesaloon & about contests.

I got the same message. Just ignored it. But yeah, this is also the first time I've gotten a message over Xbox Live with spam.

I got a message a few minutes ago from someone named cardmarigold telling me to go to some raffle site. Obviously it's a scam so I reported and blocked him right away.

I'm not even sure how this person got my gamertag, because I havn't played an online match of any game in over a month.

Unfortunately, it does appear that spammers are going wild on Live.

Within the past 2 months I've gotten 5 or 6 messages spouting random non-sense about visiting websites for deals on game keys, FIFA coins, and other garbage.

A buddy of mine even got a message about how he's pre-approved to apply for a gamer loan and they provided a website where he could fill out the form.

Ugh. Hate spammers.

I have also received two of these messages. One yesterday and another one just a few minutes ago. Very annoying. Especially since I've been called Sir & Hey Dude.. One message "sup sir iphone.saferaffle.com is raffling off an space gray iphone 6 today. just enter your email and wait. there is around 3 hours left for todays raffle. u need to be quick" from VenomousPrism8719

second one "wasup dude friend me on here. i just got a new Xbox and made a new tag. i joined my email in a raffle safe raffle is running and seriously got a Xbox 1!" From

from splaypandora376. I hope this doesn't become a reoccurring norm on Xbox. We are spammed enough in email & phone!!

Edited by Kairi
Removed Spam Link

I got a weird message over the weekend by some guy called FickleTrash; he was advertising some gamerloan thing and saying if I need a new Xbox, I can get $300 in 5 minutes. XD It was weird to see that since I haven't gotten a spam message over Xbox Live in several years.

While spam is annoying the concept of a gamerloan is kind of hillarious

Though I wouldn't invest in that idea, I don't see a lot of money there lol

I got a weird message over the weekend by some guy called FickleTrash; he was advertising some gamerloan thing and saying if I need a new Xbox, I can get $300 in 5 minutes. XD It was weird to see that since I haven't gotten a spam message over Xbox Live in several years.

I got that one last week. I was tempted to reply with "and MS will ban you in only 5 mins!" But I just reported the message and moved on.

I and another site user both received some of these messages around the same time earlier today. If you're concerned about them, just block the sender. :)

yeah me too i got that message about going to the site for free stuf and then another from a different person saying

btw im (i forgot his name) from the xba site it was close to the first message so i ignored it

yeah me too i got that message about going to the site for free stuf and then another from a different person saying

btw im (i forgot his name) from the xba site it was close to the first message so i ignored it

Someone tried to pretend to be an xba poster while sending an ad message?

That is troublesome. It almost makes me wonder if we are being targeted for these by one of the spambot companies that hit the site.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who got a gamerloan spam message too. It took me by surprise and I couldn't help but laugh at how ridiculously stupid the idea of that "website" is.

These messages are definitely the result of some idiot(s) coming here, spamming those links and then sending messages to our gamertags.

Just got another message from a someone named FawnSmile529039, telling me to go to the same raffle site.

I'm going to unlink my gamertag from this site, because I'm pretty sure that's where these messages are coming from.

Edited by STILLBORN