Map staying black??

sheskebob

Diablo III does randomly generate maps.

That's why this is happening.

What I've experienced is this:

Complete Level 1 of a dungeon....

Use the portal to go back to the town...

Sell the extra gear so you dont' get full of loot...

Use the portal to go back to where you were...

The map is unchanged - It shows the areas you've been to already.

But...

If you clear a dungeon and teleport to the town...

Then log off and go eat your supper...

Then log back on and go back to where you were...

The map is black again most likely because dungeons are randomly generated in "Diablo III".

Az

Blizzard says the levels are randomly generated but overall the levels are largely set in stone. I believe the open world areas that are vast are random but the winding dungeons aren't.

Whether or not the levels are random the map should be uncovered once you have uncovered the whole map. I guess Blizzard has their reasons for this.

Blizzard says the levels are randomly generated but overall the levels are largely set in stone. I believe the open world areas that are vast are random but the winding dungeons aren't.

Whether or not the levels are random the map should be uncovered once you have uncovered the whole map. I guess Blizzard has their reasons for this.

True and False.

The overall levels are, in a sense, set in stone. Meaning the ways to progress the story are all the same. There are random events that are generated at random everytime you log in. You can clear Act 1 and go through every nook and cranny, however, you will never find all the dungeons, or events, in the same game. Same goes for PC.

I guess the cool thing is that you never play the same level... It answer why the dungeon is never the same cause I started 3 characters and in the first dungeons I was like... hummmmm I never came here in my other game but it was the same door/opening...

So u have the clear the maps as much as possible before switching place if u dont want to miss anything... Personally I think it's great cause u rarely experienced the same thing!

Thanks for the answer!