Avoid this game

Oinkness

Take my advice and stay away from this game, even as a rental. Through pain and gritting my teeth I made it to the 5th chapter, but this is one of the worst next-gen games I have ever played. The graphics are decent but that can only get you so far. Plus, they put that gayass noise filter over the WHOLE GAME. I just bought an HDTV for the first time and this is one of the first games I play, which purposely tries to make itself look like shit. That's STUPID.

The controls are unresponsive, and in general work worse than Assassin's Creed which, if you've played it, you know the kind of learning curve it takes to get fluid with the action on that game. That, however, was a great game. This is pure crap. By the time you get to the second rage sequence, you will be ready to mail this one back too. The game is simply unbearable, and actually caused me to lose any faith in this website's reviews... it was the first review I had read from here... and it will be the last too.

There's no way this game is higher than a 4 out of 10.

It's practically unplayable. Nobody plays games on easy unless they're kids, or they bought it and plan on playing through every difficulty. I like a challenge. But there is no challenge to instantly and constantly respawning HORDES of enemies that take 5 shots each to kill. Imagine being surrounded by 30 of these people shooting you and hitting you with clubs, you die in about 4 hits, and there's no healing system. They say if you get a score multiplier you heal, but I was sitting there with a 30x multiplier. It may trickle in tiny bits but not enough to make any difference whatsoever in the game.

The cutscenes and animations they force you to watch ad nauseum after you die 30 times will get you so angry, you will want to break the disc into little pieces. But no, I've got to mail it back... even though it's saturday night... Horrible game has to sit here until Monday.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. You can turn off the noise filter.

2. Controls aren't that bad, I think.

3. In Rage mode, the number you see is not multiplier, but your chain kill count.

4. Try headshot to take out an enemy quickly.

5. Constantly jumping or sliding while shooting make you not that easy to die.

6. If you REALLY don't like it, give up and try something else.

The graphics are decent but that can only get you so far. Plus, they put that gayass noise filter over the WHOLE GAME. I just bought an HDTV for the first time and this is one of the first games I play, which purposely tries to make itself look like shit. That's STUPID.

You do know that you can turn the noise filter off in the option menu its under Audio/Video selection. I also have a HDTV and once you turn it off its much better, I dont agree with you with the game I like it, but I will agree the graphics are not the best for next gen. Also I think the reason behind the noise filter was to make it feel more like an old movie like grind house but the game to me is better with it off.

You do know that you can turn the noise filter off in the option menu its under Audio/Video selection. I also have a HDTV and once you turn it off its much better, I dont agree with you with the game I like it, but I will agree the graphics are not the best for next gen. Also I think the reason behind the noise filter was to make it feel more like an old movie like grind house but the game to me is better with it off.

That's true. The filter is cool at first, but my eyes feel tired when looking at the graphics for a while. So, turn it off, for long term's sake.

This has to be one the worst posts i have seen in a while. I don't get why your complaining about the game dynamics, if your can't handle the skill level play it on easy.

This game isn't that challenging, the only thing i have found a little difficult is playing the challenges as the times for a few are a little close cut.

Ranting about the game on here isn't going to get you far as no one likes it when you have to whine about the game to try and get some attention. I know i don't like reading posts like this because someone can't handle the game.

And yes as 3 other people have said you can turn off the noise filter. I personally don't mind it but turn it off when i'm trying to concentrate as the flickering can be a little annoying.

One thing i will agree with you on though is the graphics, they are pretty decent and fit the style of the game. Yes there not amazing compared to gears of war or some of the other high end graphical games, this game really doesn't need to be a fully polished turd. The raw graphics are probably my favorite part of this game.

Next time think before you post, most people come here to find out more about the game, not to find out your angry because you can't handle it.

About the controls, I am god awful at action games most of the time but I'd have to say this games controls are pretty responsive unless you are playing with oven mitts.I like the filter a lot but I did turn it off when hunting for scorpions and in the harder difficulties so i can aim a bit better. As I write this I am near the end of my Golden Bullet play through (third) and am anticipating femme fatale difficulty. You could say I enjoy the experience.

Another person that bashes a game cause they aren't good at it.

Noise filter off, as stated numerous times, 5x multiplier is max and does refill your health quite fast. If you are dying that much in Rage mode (where you would get your 30 kill streak, then yeah, you probably should give up... enemies are 3x easier to kill in rage. Those HORDES of enemies you talk about... destroy the flaming skulls with swords to stop the spawning, and if you get hit by melee guys, then you aren't playing the game the way it is intended and will get cut down pretty quick... In 3 playthroughs so far I have been killed once by a melee enemy. The controls felt pretty good to me, only occasionally did I have a problem with the responsiveness, the learning curve could be steep for some, but once you break that celing a lot of people will probably hit, you can jump through the air, killing 3-4, slide across the ground killing another 3 or 4, run up the wall and leap off onto a pole and swing across the room killing enemies all the while.... all in fluid artistic beauty. After playing on Golden Bullets and a quick runthrough on easy, I learned so much more about the different ways you can do things, playing on hard without any prior knowledge of the game will probably make you feel the same as the OP.

If you don't like it, that is fine, don't play it but everyone has thier unique experience with video games, and where you may not like it, others might absolutely love it. There are far, far worse games out there, and a lot better games out there, this is in the middle. If you think this game is that horrible, play Darkest of Days... this looks like a Triple A title with GOTY possibility compared to that.

Edited by Midnight Malice

How are the controls unresponsive? I never experienced a problem and I just tried "Damnation" and that sir, is unresponsive controls. The graphics are great. Do you expect games to be in 5D, where you are sent back into the your mother's womb with popcorn and controller in hand and are then seated in front of a HDTV? The game can be challenging but not too challenging.

Edited by Bombenhagel

The game's great...take it for what it is...a violent action no-brainer...and it does it really well imo. I enjoyed it a lot and will play it through several times..but those run and gun challenges are a damn pain!

I hope they do a sequel, even if it's just more of the same i'm in.

:)

but those run and gun challenges are a damn pain!

Take it slow the first few times through, learn where ALL the targets are, cause some of them are hard to spot, but pretty easy to shoot. Going slow, I saw a lot of -2's that I would have missed if I just tried to rush through... Crossbow 3 was the hardest for me took several tries, but much easier once you know exactly where to aim before you hit the orange hoop. Also, the "reset target" aim upgrade helps a lot too...

I'm just pleased I didn't pay for this game, it's ok, but I'd suggest renting, I'm sick of playing games where you have to do multiple playthroughs of campaigns, WET is boring after the first playthrough, It was just like playing a girlie version of STRANGLEHOLD, So Wet is another game that wont get 1000G I'd rather do COD3 on-line, Yawn. So take it from me, save money, don't believe the hype. 3/10 from me overall

This is my opinion. you are entitled to make your own mistakes lol.

1. You can turn off the noise filter.

2. Controls aren't that bad, I think.

3. In Rage mode, the number you see is not multiplier, but your chain kill count.

4. Try headshot to take out an enemy quickly.

5. Constantly jumping or sliding while shooting make you not that easy to die.

6. If you REALLY don't like it, give up and try something else.

^^ What he said..That noise filter after awhile annoyed me and when you turn it off it's much better.

I disagree with you,Im on chapter 5 myself and I'm loving the game.I guess different strokes for different folks.

It's not that the game is bad, it's that you're a complete noob. And who gives a shit anyway what you think about the game ? You don't like it, okay, no problem, but why are you on the Wet forums telling other people not to play this game ? What are you, 12 ?

Plus, this game must be one of the easiest games of 2009. And I mean the storyline...It's not the best game but it ain't the worst. You could say GI Joe is a crappy game, or Hannah Montana (prolly, never seen any gameplay or smth).

I don't think this game is bad at all, but it seems people either love it or hate it. I'm halfway through my first playthrough and I'll likely do at least one more (if not all of them). I'm playing it on Fixer (hard) trying to get the 50,000 point balance achievement and upgrade achievements, so it has been a fun, decent challenge. I'm looking forward to actually being able to purchase and use some of the upgrades that are available, so that will keep me interested enough to play it at least one more time.

There are some games that annoy or bore me so much that I really have no interest in playing through them again on newly unlocked modes/difficulty, but so far I can say this is not one of them. Maybe the second half of the game will change my mind, but if it's as short as the first half, I doubt it.

i love this game. who gives a shit what this guy has to say. i myself think halo 3 was one of the worst games ive ever played.but im not crying about it in its forums.im sure they didnt make this game hoping for a blockbuster 10 out of 10 game of the year.just a game thats fun for a few hours.and the filter is awesome.gives it a grindhouse feel.not a hollywood grindhouse movie like death proof and planter terror,a real low budget grindhouse movie.if he actually ever saw one he would know why the graphics are the way they are.i love this style of game/movie. but maybe thats just me.

I'll give it another chance but it's pretty crap. I've been destroying the spawn mechanisms but they keep spawning from other places and still turn into a huge horde. I land for about 0.5 seconds before the controls let me jump again, and during that 0.5 seconds, I usually get hit by a melee guy twice, which removes about 80% of the health bar -- the remainder removed by distant dudes with pistols. I'm playing the proper way and I'm playing on hard, and I'm not a noob. That's about the most retarded thing anyone could say. The only way to not be a noob with a brand new released game is to have beta-tested it or developed it for months beforehand.

Arent you the same guy who started complaining about how horrible Star Ocean: The Last Hope is after you couldn't beat a horde of Phantom Enemies

Ok, I'll admit it, lazy game developing pisses me off. :p

You may see me on a lot more subforums in the future if game sucks. I'll also be there if the game is good though.

Edited by Oinkness

I can see how this game will get annoying to some really fast, it's already annoying me to the point where I don't even think I can be bothered completing it, I'd much rather trade it in and get ODST tomorrow morning. I'm going to stick with it for a few more hours and see if I can complete it on Hard tonight. Once hard's done, I'll probbaly go through it on easy and get the collectables and maybe the challenges.. but I won't be trying to 1000gp this one.