Feels akward driving a car on the right...

Pormogo

Yeah... Steering wheel on the right is kind of confusing at first. You get used to it after a while though. I kept getting into cars on the left side and going "oh crap, it's on the RIGHT instead". Too bad there's no way to simply "slide over" if you got in on the wrong side. Nope, you have to get out, and go around, and get in the proper side.

Still, when your friends do it for the first time, you always get that smirk of "Yeah, I know, I did it too" when they figure out the wheel is on the OTHER side of the vehicle.

I know right? The first time I got in a car (On the left of course) I pushed every button I thought possible so I thought "Do I need keys or to hot-wire it or something?" So I got out of the car only to notice the wheel was on the other side.

Well played Dead Island. Well played.

lol! ya i pretty much did the same thing, there was some lady who was trapped in her house with a pick-up truck wedged in the building. my dumbass was hoping all over that thing for like 5 minutes, before i realised they put the steering wheel on the right side. lol cant they patch this game for americans, driving on the right feels too awkward.

also, like someone mentioned your line of sight is terrible. its like he/she is looking crooked over the side-window and front windowshield. i suppose you cant expect much from a zombie game, but atleast there is a splatter achievement ahaha.

It just pisses me off when I get in on the right and it slides me all the way to the left, then I have to move back over

I thought it was only me who kept screwing up somehow. Glad to see it's happened to someone else. I don't understand why it does that sometimes.

And by the way, FAIL to people who have been getting out of cars and running around to the other side instead of sliding over hahaha.

And back on topic, the camera view is horrible when driving. I wouldn't have a problem with driving in the right seat if I could still see easily. I feel like he's sitting angled to the left; I can't ever see a damn thing off to my right. Really wish it cut to a third-person view if you're driving.

I don't think the driving is the hard part (because I tend to be all over the road anyway lol), but I always get in on the left and go "damn it...sigh" and slide over.

P.S. Is there a way to switch to third person while driving? I don't have any problems with third person driving games like GTA or L.A. Noire, but I seriously suck at first person driving.

i suppose this is where as uk doesnt have the strange feeling. considering were one of the only countries who drive on the right.

76 countries, territories and dependencies drive on the left, 164 drive on the right.

I have no idea why people think the Brits are so unique. America used to drive on the left, which no one seems to remember.

76 countries, territories and dependencies drive on the left, 164 drive on the right.

I have no idea why people think the Brits are so unique. America used to drive on the left, which no one seems to remember.

Man you really are a fountain of knowledge.

I did think the topic of this thread was funny though, considering the US and UK are probably the two most common countries people on this site are from, and people in the UK won't be able to relate to this topic.

I still don't think the fact that you're on the right would be a big deal at all if it wasn't for the awkward camera angle.

Can't hit the drive-thrus as easily with steering wheel on right-side. ;)

No but really...shifting with my weaker left arm just wouldn't feel right.