Music 3, and how I finally beat it!

Icehearted

I don't know if anyone else is really plagued by this one anymore, but in case you are, I have a solution that may help. I was missing what I was sure were dead on notes, I tried changing my timing, I tried listening to the other musicians to get a rhythm, all garbage advice. I failed over and over again.

Then I thought, well, this is a drum, maybe if I just pound the triggers rather than pulling them or yanking, since they're analogue. Sure enough, I went from barely averaging about 50% to getting over 90%.

So there you have it. Wait for the notes to fall into those obnoxious little yellow boxes and pound on the triggers. Don't press, pull, yank, but really keep those fingers out and drum hard.

I hope this is helpful to you. Best of luck.

Edited by Icehearted
typo

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I gave up using a normal controller on this because even I pushed down damn hard quickly on both triggers, they didn't helped, mostly where you have to press both triggers at the same time at some point *double notes). I tried using my Street Fighter IV turbo controller, on this controller, both trigger buttons are more sensitive to touch/press so you don't have to press them damn mad hard to make them working for music 3. I was able to beat this class with 88% on my second try using this controller

So if anybody has a fighter controller (turbo or not, it doesn't matter), you should try that too before giving up :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Music 3 has got to be the hardest class lol, finally got it now

I passed the music classes withe ease. Math was the hardest to complete with English a close second. I used Youtube on those 2 classes,and even with top of the line Youtube videos I barely had enought time to complete Math 3-5.

• 1 month later...

Yea, the game doesn't actually register the note being struck until you begin releasing that trigger after hitting down. It might sound asinine but that's what I came to find out. Music 3 is a big pain in the ass because of hose double trigger note.

Either way thanks for the tip about not being dainty when it comes to striking the triggers.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well... I think I'll never get Music 3 done. I've now tried everything from button mashing to switching my controller. It's the double notes that makes me fail it. I get "perfect" at every other note. I tried to button mash the last double notes, and I got 0 of them...

I initially struggled mightily with Music 2, then 3, and now 4! Then I saw a bit of advice that, with a slight tweak to, got me thru 4 just now with pseudo-ease! :)

First, I changed my grip so that I was holding the controller upright against my torso (I was also standing up out of frustration), my thumbs on the triggers, and all my fingers on the grips. This way, I was using my thumbs rather than my fingers, which seemed to help.

Secondly, the tip I came across, when combined with this new grip, was to actually press both triggers together every time. Once I had the timing down of getting both thumbs working together every time, I started seeing hitting the LT with consistency, and only missed a couple total in the rapid beat sections of 4!

We'll see how Music 5 ends up using this method when I get to it! :)

EDIT: Took a number of tries, but finally beat Music 5! Not because of the technique though (it helped a ton), but because it requires 90% to pass (I was consistently putting up 80%-89% :().

Edited by jswartz0181

• 3 weeks later...

actually did this first try, without looking for any outside info, last bit is nigh on impossible to get more than 2/4 with it being 4 rapid dual presses, so make sure you're passing by a margin to lose some for that part

I do have a little advantage being a drummer already though ;)

whenever I try watching for when the actions pass into the box, I was always late, I don't know if this is a latency issue with my TV, I remember guitar hero & rock band had this with certain cheap TV's, and they don't come any cheaper than mine, so I had to do this mostly by ear with a little anticipation involved :D

now if only I could get geography to behave and actually accept that france is the country below England, and spain is just below that with Portugal attached I would be fine

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

As a poster said before, use a wired controller, or remove the battery and plug in the recharge wire.

When you're using a wireless controller there is a very small delay that is not noticeable on almost all games. In this game, it is noticeable!

If you know any serious beat em up players (a good example is Devil may cry) they will probably scoff at wireless controller's because the real hardcore of these players need split second button reflex to pull off the more complex combo destroying moves (distorted real impact by example).

• 1 year later...