Skyrim for Xbox 360 or PC?

Argus

Which one do you like?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you like?

• Xbox 360
    • PC

I've played both versions and I personally preferred the 360 version due to the fact that the controller is much more relaxing than the keyboard. I've played a lot of PC games, but I found the buttons arrangement with the frequency needed to be pressed too tiresome on the PC after a few hours. Also since I do not have a great PC everything had to be low to medium...

Of course if you have a PC controller and a top machine the PC version probably should be preferred, along with the fact that it has tons of mods that really change the game.

I've played both versions and I personally preferred the 360 version due to the fact that the controller is much more relaxing than the keyboard. I've played a lot of PC games, but I found the buttons arrangement with the frequency needed to be pressed too tiresome on the PC after a few hours. Also since I do not have a great PC everything had to be low to medium...

Of course if you have a PC controller and a top machine the PC version probably should be preferred, along with the fact that it has tons of mods that really change the game.

Can always get a 360 controller for PC... I just would prefer PC if mine was good because of the mods you can do.

Can always get a 360 controller for PC... I just would prefer PC if mine was good because of the mods you can do.

Yes, you can. There is a special mod that allows you use Xbox 360 controller for PC games but you have to set up the controller for the game your playing which is about 5 minutes for every game during the first time. How you get the mod I don't know I've just seen videos of it.

If my god damn pc could play Skyrim I would go with it... but it can't, so I'm gonna have to side with the 360

That being the case, you should still vote for PC. That's what I'm doing. My PC can hardly run Runescape so Skyrim on PC is not an option for me. Had it been one, I would have got it on PC since there is so much more in terms of mods, load times, etc.

As long as you have a really nice PC, get it for PC!

Yeah the more I look into some of the mods available for PC the more I want it. Some cool ones I've seen are some chests finally in the secret room in your house in Windhelm. And fast travel points directly to the door of your houses! Also a complete forge very close outside the Windhelm house. Just to name a few. Not to mention workarounds for any annoying glitch you may encounter.

pc-if i had a machine that could run it then that would be my platform of choice. aside from better graphics and shorter load times there are tons of mods-some do crazy stuff to the game but many improve the game in general like giving a far more slick items menu. then there are really professional mods microsoft would have you coughing up those goddamn microsoft points to get your hands on like extra dragon variants or mods like weapons of the 3rd era which gives you completely new weapons (wooden poles, katanas, wakizashi, scimitars, cutlasses etc). then you get all those lovely hotkeys rather than that STUPID clunky favorites menu.

If I had a PC that could play it I would be on the PC. The PC version is far superior and the only advantage the xbox has is that an xbox is cheaper than a PC that could run Skyrim. Once I get a new PC I will be trading my xbox version of Skyrim in for a PC version.

I don't really like playing games on PC so I would have to say console.

Why not? You can use your TV and 360/PS3 controllers with a PC so it is essentially the same with all the bonuses that PC users get such as better graphics, faster load times, Mods and use of the Console.

I know this is a 360 forum, but PC should be winning, imo. There's so much more the PC has to offer.

If you're not into PC gaming, which I'm unable to be, it looks pretty tempting to fall into.

I was expecting the PC to be winning as well. However on the other hand lots of console gamers seem to have the idea that consoles are better than PC.

Not to mention workarounds for any annoying glitch you may encounter.

Probably the best reason to get any Bethesda game for the PC instead of the console.

Blood on the Ice fucked up for you?

setStage MS11 120

Oh look the quest can be finished now on the PC unlike the console users.

I have Skyrim on both PC and 360, and I much prefer playing it on the PC, mainly because I can get myself out of glitches, which I've run into quite a bit on both 360 and PC. I have a 360 wired controller for my PC, so that's not an issue for me, but even though I have it, I'm used to using the keyboard.

My original 360 character is stuck in Japhet's Folly, with nowhere to go. That's where the use of console commands would have come in handy. But, no. Not available. She's stuck there forever, or until Bethesda comes up with a portal out of there.

And, as others have stated, the mods are a great addition for the PC users. I'll still continue to play on both systems when the DLC comes out, but I will still prefer playing on the PC.

I do have a great Labtop since I can play Team Fortress 2 and AVA without any trouble. Skyrim shouldn't be any different, should it?: since on Team Fortress 2 there's action happening around every corner. I'm not a HUGE geek about my labtop so I have to check its systems if you want information about it.

I do have a great Labtop since I can play Team Fortress 2 and AVA without any trouble. Skyrim shouldn't be any different, should it?: since on Team Fortress 2 there's action happening around every corner. I'm not a HUGE geek about my labtop so I have to check its systems if you want information about it.

TF2 is a very old game running Valve's Source engine, totally different than Skyrim. I'd say if you want to find out if you can run it, then go to: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

Anyway, let me start out by saying... I don't own any version of Skyrim (yeah, I shouldn't be in this forum, but I was browsing and I saw this thread so...). But I would definitely say PC for pretty much any game (though only if you can run it well, otherwise you'll be very disappointed). You can play with your Xbox controller if it's wired or if you buy a wireless reciever and I'm pretty sure Skyrim on PC has full controller support, so it should be fairly plug and play.

Also, I think people don't really know how to game on PC and this is what leads to them not enjoying it, you should play on PC just like your Xbox! Get it out of the office and plug it into your living room TV, connect a controller, sit back and relax and I bet you will have more fun than you do with your Xbox. Join Steam and it will be just like having Xbox LIVE, it's really great fun if you can do it.

I'm pretty sure PC games have the same Xbox 360 achievements... correct me if I'm wrong someone (Not a PC gamer)

Depends on the game, but most don't. Only Game for Windows LIVE enabled games have them and even then only some of them do. Fallout 3 PC had LIVE achievements, though. Some also have Steam achievements, but those have no connection to your gamertag/Xbox LIVE account.