Patch for corrupt save?

Did they ever release a patch for the corrupt save? My save data just got corrupted yesterday and I was at the Joker fight! I believe thats the final fight. I was playing on Hard, so there's no way I'm playing all the way to Joker again. I hope there's something I can do besides starting over... please let me know if there's a solution to this, thanks.

Did they ever release a patch for the corrupt save? My save data just got corrupted yesterday and I was at the Joker fight! I believe thats the final fight. I was playing on Hard, so there's no way I'm playing all the way to Joker again. I hope there's something I can do besides starting over... please let me know if there's a solution to this, thanks.

that's nuts because yesterday I got a corrupted save file and I was at the Ivy fight on HARD

You can't restore a corrupted save file, I don't think, even with a patch. It's gone. I got a corrupted save too, but I just waited a couple of months and started again. :p It was my own fault, though - I turned the game off after I died one time and didn't realise it was saving while Joker/whoever was on the screen taunting you.

You can't restore a corrupted save file, I don't think, even with a patch. It's gone. I got a corrupted save too, but I just waited a couple of months and started again. :p It was my own fault, though - I turned the game off after I died one time and didn't realise it was saving while Joker/whoever was on the screen taunting you.

Yea, that's the thing.. I don't care if it was my fault.. how can they let something like this happen so easily? And no fix? Out of all the years of gaming.. this was the first time it happened..

I'm pretty sure they can release a patch for it since so many people are getting this problem.. I heard test drive unlimited 2 also has this problem and they released a patch for that game that fixes the corrupt game.. so don't know why they haven't done the same for this game..

I might even skip Arkham City if I'm still pissed off when it comes out lol

• 1 month later...

No patch has fixed corrupted saves caused by the user. If the game had a 100% problem that caused the code to fail at the same point for every user - that would be patched. Turning off or exiting gameplay as a game saves is the same as putting your hand in the flame of a lighter. You are doing something you know to be wrong - every game has a warning when you start it. Sometimes it's not your fault (power went out, Xbox crashed or RRoD) and that sucks but it happens and there is no way for a game to correctly fix save data that has been actually corrupted. You complaining about buying future games in the series is foolish since this is the case with them all. Just delete the corrupt file and start again. The game isn't absurdly long or hard.

Yea, that's the thing.. I don't care if it was my fault.. how can they let something like this happen so easily? And no fix? Out of all the years of gaming.. this was the first time it happened..

I'm pretty sure they can release a patch for it since so many people are getting this problem.. I heard test drive unlimited 2 also has this problem and they released a patch for that game that fixes the corrupt game.. so don't know why they haven't done the same for this game..

I might even skip Arkham City if I'm still pissed off when it comes out lol

it has nothing to do with the game so how can they patch it?

99.9% of corrupt files happen when you turn off/remove your HD while the game is saving. All games have a warning saying "DO NOT REMOVE YOUR HD OR SHUTDOWN WHEN THE GAME IS SAVING". Saying you dont care if it's your fault, they should fix it is pretty unrealistic.

I'm sure they'll still have some pretty decent sales for Arkam City...even if you dont buy your copy cause they didn't fix your corrupt save file...even though it was your fault....while we are at it I want them to pay my mortgage....

Some people are just unhappy no matter what.

Edited by Carmona