Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Tyger7

I´ve just reached level 50 with 6x XP, it´s so fast, but I´m a bit of a noob, so it took me around 35 matches - from 1 to 30 I went with 1x XP and from 31 to 50 it was 6x XP. (in total it took me like 5 hours I think)

Just twice more and I´m done with MP! It´s pretty fun once you get used to new style of Gears through.

I boosted Domination this past weekend with 6x XP. Took only 3 matches to get to Level 50. I re-upped all three times in only 10 matches (since the first match I forgot to buy the double XP ticket). Took about 4 hours total in two sessions.

I only did this because I hate playing Gears online with people since I suck. I'm only playing the events just to get the achievement. This past Gnasher event my K/D ratio was like 2/30. I'll never get the hang of it.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any information on how much exp is required for a given level?

To get from Level 1 to 2 is like 2500 XP. To rank up in the higher levels, you need something like 12-15,000 per level. It's around that number, maybe a little more. From Level 1 to 50 is something like 250-300,000 XP. Certainly not the millions required for Gears 2 and 3.

If anyone can do the math on this and figure it out that'd be cool. In my opinion, online means against or with real players. Literally speaking, it means if you can get them while offline on an island without any connection to the outside world. I got them all signed into Xbox Live, so I will need help on the actual calculations.

Unfortunately both EPIC games and Microsoft do not have the same opinion as you. I am connected to live constantly but I refuse to let them rip me off by paying for gold so I am in-eligible to get these achievements. What is worse is that I cannot even play survival with my wife and get any achievements for that either. I am very disappointed that they made this change this time around.

11 150(online)

39 850(offline)

From what I can see this would be the correct breakdown.

Unfortunately both EPIC games and Microsoft do not have the same opinion as you. I am connected to live constantly but I refuse to let them rip me off by paying for gold so I am in-eligible to get these achievements. What is worse is that I cannot even play survival with my wife and get any achievements for that either. I am very disappointed that they made this change this time around.

11 150(online)

39 850(offline)

From what I can see this would be the correct breakdown.

I appreciate you doing that math for me, I changed the overview to reflect. :)

Just want to ask - is 9/10 really right for the non-glitch method? I think there might be definitely harder games and harder things to do in games, or not?

And what about GoW1 - that was defo the hardest on insane and it "only" got 8/10 - that would say that this game should be like 6/10, maximally 7/10.

Just want to ask - is 9/10 really right for the non-glitch method? I think there might be definitely harder games and harder things to do in games, or not?

And what about GoW1 - that was defo the hardest on insane and it "only" got 8/10 - that would say that this game should be like 6/10, maximally 7/10.

It's the declass missions that make insane difficult. I can give you the missions that are difficult and if you can solo them within 10 attempts each gaining 3 stars I will lower it ;)

add me / message me for an invite

GT: VideInfra86

will be doing a quick casual run through of the campaign from chapter 3.

will be on for the rest of the day (uk time)

Please post here next time. That's what the thread is for.

Achievement Trading and Co-Op Partner Thread

From the looks of it, many people are finding Karn on Insane, Declassified to be relatively easy.

I know I absolutely suck at sniping, but the random luck factor in the final battle have driven me nuts [no pun intended].

as I posted in the other thread, been 5 days, 12 hours for me so far and the furthest I've gotten is getting him to call for the second wave of enemies beyond the initial ragers/grinders.

Even in that attempt, for some reason, a mauler spawned behind me. obviously i never saw him, smashed to bits.

I know the pattern and all, but man this is frustrating.

From the looks of it, many people are finding Karn on Insane, Declassified to be relatively easy.

I know I absolutely suck at sniping, but the random luck factor in the final battle have driven me nuts [no pun intended].

as I posted in the other thread, been 5 days, 12 hours for me so far and the furthest I've gotten is getting him to call for the second wave of enemies beyond the initial ragers/grinders.

Even in that attempt, for some reason, a mauler spawned behind me. obviously i never saw him, smashed to bits.

I know the pattern and all, but man this is frustrating.

Karn was (in my opinion) almost the only part in the game where luck didnt seem to factor into it. Every other segment you get one of two spawns it seemed and with some it was entirely impossible to get 3 stars. Thats a luck factor.

My strategy was to activate the declassified mission, then wait for Karn to finish firing his first couple of bursts. While he is exposed go to the right and pick up the boomshot and chainsaw lancer. Edge around the outside peeking out when hes exposed and lancering him always moving towards the opposite side from where you spawn in an attempt to switch the lancer for the markza.

Ever so slightly further clockwise from the markza there is an onyx ammo supply. Now when the ragers spawn use the boomshot to take them out, refilling with the onyx ammo when needed. Just keep moving, go nutty with the markza because there are loads of ammo boxes.

The thing to watch out for is that when each "wave" of karn is over, and he moves to the top of either building, he will use his machine guns regardless of whether he did during the normal wave.

Karn was (in my opinion) almost the only part in the game where luck didnt seem to factor into it. Every other segment you get one of two spawns it seemed and with some it was entirely impossible to get 3 stars. Thats a luck factor.

What I meant by luck factor was wrong-place-wrong-time kind of luck. I know there were specific spots enemies spawned, but really don't remember in the heat of stage.

Either way, I somehow pulled off a solid run last night and finally took him out.

Thanks for yet another amazing guide. I just have one question and it's probably stupid but I need to know for sure: Does Superstar stack with other star achievements. I blew through the campaign once so I could enjoy the story and unlock Insane, if I muscle through insane and get all of the onyx stars, will it unlock the other star cheev-os?

Nevermind, got my answer. They definitely DO stack.

Edited by Ahrxelc

Sad to see these games have always been inaccessible to someone like me who isn't necessarily all that skilled in shooter or third person action games.

Looks like another Gears game I will never max (I don't think I'll even want to play it).

There is nothing tricky here.

Campaign you can play on casual and then again on casual (using the exploit)

Multiplayer experience you can boost in about 15 hours I think (maybe less) or do it entirely offline.

Really there is nothing tricky here. Anyone can beat this.

There is nothing tricky here.

Campaign you can play on casual and then again on casual (using the exploit)

Multiplayer experience you can boost in about 15 hours I think (maybe less) or do it entirely offline.

Really there is nothing tricky here. Anyone can beat this.

If I understand the guide correctly you need 3 other people to do the exploit. That's way too complicated for me; I don't do mass boosting anymore.

If I understand the guide correctly you need 3 other people to do the exploit. That's way too complicated for me; I don't do mass boosting anymore.

You only need one.

3 STAR GLITCH ON INSANE WITH CO OP

Have one player on Insane difficulty and the other on casual. The casual does all of the work. At the end of the level, have the casual player quit out. Now finish the level. When the stat screen comes up with the starts, invite the player in. As long as you haven't hit continue, they will get credit as well as you for 3 stars on insane. This is the easy way out and I highly suggest it over doing it solo.

No mention of 3 other people.

Looks like I was wrong. I don't know though; I've maxed at least one halo title and one CoD title but I've never maxed any Gears titles. It's just so much fucking boosting required.

Not this one I did it in a week all by myself with a quick run through on casual for the co op achievement.