Veteran is harder, but AI still can't respond to SMOKE grenades. Use em.

TheLazyWolf

Like a bunch of folks, I got stuck on the corridors of lvl3?(The missile launch part) because enemies DON'T stop respawning. If you throw a couple smoke grenades down the hallway when you first enter (and have already died a couple times bc this level is a pain in the butt and know where the guys are going to be) you can just run through and knife em. Ignore the control room on the right and get a checkpoint when you finally get to go left. Then when you die they will quit spawning behind you. Unfortunately you don't get smokes on every level, but on this particular level there are 4 (besides those you start with) on a table right before the hard part starts where you find 2 shotguns.

Now, anyone got any ideas why none of the veteran achievs are popping for me? I went to "lower difficulty" to make sure and it said " you are playing veteran are you sure you want to lower to hardened" so i know I am playing vet, but none of the achievements for beating level X X and X are popping? Can someone who has some of these comment on when they are supposed to pop?

Thanks for the level 3 advice. I'll be sure to give that a try.

Are you sure that the game doesn't keep track of what levels you have completed on whatever difficulty? That majorly sucks! I always liked playing a mission through on Easy, getting the intel learning the level layout and then replaying on veteran.

Can anyone confirm this is true? That would be so shit to get the individual levels and then not get credit for playing the whole game on veteran!

Now, anyone got any ideas why none of the veteran achievs are popping for me? I went to "lower difficulty" to make sure and it said " you are playing veteran are you sure you want to lower to hardened" so i know I am playing vet, but none of the achievements for beating level X X and X are popping? Can someone who has some of these comment on when they are supposed to pop?

Have you finished the Baikonur level yet? The first Vet achievement (Cold Warrior) is for the first 3 levels, so it won't pop 'til you're done there. If you've already gotten to Viet Nam and haven't got Cold Warrior, then maybe check and see if one of the other two levels (Cuba, Vorkut) wasn't completed on Vet?

Have you finished the Baikonur level yet? The first Vet achievement (Cold Warrior) is for the first 3 levels, so it won't pop 'til you're done there. If you've already gotten to Viet Nam and haven't got Cold Warrior, then maybe check and see if one of the other two levels (Cuba, Vorkut) wasn't completed on Vet?

I've completed all 3 missions so far on Vet. But for some reason when I do the Level select, it doesnt say "completed in veteran" like the previous CoDs.

I am currently on S.O.G just arrived at the Trenches part where you need to get to the Ammo House.. Ugh :S, makes me sick how evil this part is.

Thanks for the level 3 advice. I'll be sure to give that a try.

Are you sure that the game doesn't keep track of what levels you have completed on whatever difficulty? That majorly sucks! I always liked playing a mission through on Easy, getting the intel learning the level layout and then replaying on veteran.

Can anyone confirm this is true? That would be so shit to get the individual levels and then not get credit for playing the whole game on veteran!

Yeah i started on veteran and went all the way through. It didnt pop ever. Then when I finished the next 2 levels (another veteran achievement) that one did pop. So now im worried it wont give me complete the game on vet when i finish. grrr.

On my Vet play trough I just started "new game" to be sure. And I got every vet chevo that way. I did via the level select the first time and selected the first lvl and continued on form there, and got nothing when I should have gotten the first vet achievement for the first few levels.

Yay finally past that stupid corridor backed up my save to my hard drive and now im gona back up my usb drive with this program http://www.alexpage.de/

(in case I delete everything if I need to recover profile again I don't want to replay all my games again )

Smoke does help I found it out last night after trying to rush threw without it stupidly ran into the right room they helped me to get to the yellow cart checkpoint I hope it gets easier now..

Edited by syn201