Veteran Completion Achievement *GLITCHED*

Jawmuncher

Just wanted to put a heads up for some.

Some people such as myself have beaten the game on veteran and yet have not received the achievement for beating the entire game on veteran (yet still got the achievements for beating the specific levels on veteran)

I don't know how the glitch happens or what causes it but like I said just wanted to give a heads up so if it happens to you, you know you're not alone.

I posted on the Black Ops Boards and sent a message to Activision Support I will Update once I find something that works.

For me I had skipped the credits then played to round 3 on zombies died and then quit out. Though the achievement should pop up before that so this *shouldn't* affect anything.

Going to try the last level on Veteran again and see if that changes anything. Since like I said I received all the achievements for beating certain levels on vet, yet not for the whole game even though the last level was indeed on vet

*This affects playing on hardened difficulty as well*

Edited by Jawmuncher

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn... i understand why you're frustrated. all i can say is maybe redo redemption

I'm going to try it once I try those 2 levels you suggested

*Doing that on veteran didn't work, going to try last level then*

Unlike most who got jipped out of the actual levels beaten on veteran, I got all the achievements for the levels beaten on veteran so I don't know how to fix this.

Most post I read say if you just didn't get the achievement for beating a specific level on veteran going back to the mission and beating it fixes it

Edited by Jawmuncher

I got jipped out of the achievo for the 1st, 2nd and fourth level. Replayed the first and beat it, replaying the 2nd atm... I really don't want to do this again on veteran. The fourth mission I HATED. INFINITE RESPAWN = RIDICULOUS and the fact that i'm going to have to probably REPLAY that mission again is fucking gay. I don't understand why it doesn't show what missions where completed in Veteran. This game is fucking plagued with the most annoying glitches.

I got jipped out of the achievo for the 1st, 2nd and fourth level. Replayed the first and beat it, replaying the 2nd atm... I really don't want to do this again on veteran. The fourth mission I HATED. INFINITE RESPAWN = RIDICULOUS and the fact that i'm going to have to probably REPLAY that mission again is fucking gay. I don't understand why it doesn't show what missions where completed in Veteran. This game is fucking plagued with the most annoying glitches.

Myself and a few others on here had this problem. We think it came down to that fact that we had saved and quit during the 3rd ( 4th depending how you look at it ) mission and loaded it back up again at some point. I replayed the 3rd mission without quitting out and the achievement popped.

After that incident I made sure I finished a whole level before quitting and I never ran into the problem again.

Myself and a few others on here had this problem. We think it came down to that fact that we had saved and quit during the 3rd ( 4th depending how you look at it ) mission and loaded it back up again at some point. I replayed the 3rd mission without quitting out and the achievement popped.

After that incident I made sure I finished a whole level before qui

Fuitting and I never ran into the problem again.

Fuck. I just beat the third level and saved and quit out cause I got frustrated. I have a feeling it's on the fourth level for me...

What a stupid game.

I just completed Veteran and didn't get achievements for the last 6 levels and for finishing it on Veteran. I did nothing out of the ordinary, I started last night got to about half way and turned my 360 off, then today I did mostly Zombie stuff and then went back to Campaign and choose Continue Game.

On every other CoD game it worked just like it should and you were allowed to continue where you left off, I have no idea what went wrong here but very frustrating.

I'm not too annoyed as it was a breeze for me but still wasted hours.

so whats the trick? should you play all missions straight through and not continue? has anyone got the achieve who saved and quit mid mission and came back to it? im sure they will patch this if there is a problem but i hope i dont get glitched. can someone provide more insight?

Edited by jeffy x360a

so whats the trick? should you play all missions straight through and not continue? has anyone got the achieve who saved and quit mid mission and came back to it? im sure they will patch this is there is a problem but i hope i dont get glitched. can someone provide more insight?

After getting the glitch and using the solution I posted earlier here's what I did when I carried on through the rest of the game.

Say your after an achievement that needs 3 levels complete. I selected the first mission out of those in the level select and then put it on Veteran. I then played through all 3 missions until the achievement popped. I then waited for the next level to start after the 3 I needed were complete and then saved and quit out. Next time I started up the game I used the level select rather than the continue option.

Basically I looked at what levels needed to be complete for the achievements, completed them in one run and then had a break. After that just go back to level select and then start your next run.

Im not saying this way is a sure thing to get your achievements, its just that once I started this method I never had any problems.

After getting the glitch and using the solution I posted earlier here's what I did when I carried on through the rest of the game.

Say your after an achievement that needs 3 levels complete. I selected the first mission out of those in the level select and then put it on Veteran. I then played through all 3 missions until the achievement popped. I then waited for the next level to start after the 3 I needed were complete and then saved and quit out. Next time I started up the game I used the level select rather than the continue option.

Basically I looked at what levels needed to be complete for the achievements, completed them in one run and then had a break. After that just go back to level select and then start your next run.

Im not saying this way is a sure thing to get your achievements, its just that once I started this method I never had any problems.

Didn't work for me. I played through the first time on hardened, but throttled back on the SOG mission to regular to finish it. Then mission selected and got back on hardened for the rest of the game. Went back last night and ran through SOG on hardened and got the 100GS for completeing the game on hardened/veteran. Quit out after that to start the veteran run, mission select, 1st mission. Played through 1,2, & 3 on veteran ...no achievement. Replayed 1,2, and 3 on veteran, no cheevo again. No way, I'm gonna do anymore veteran until this is fixed. The only other thing I could think of is deleting the game save and starting a new game on veteran but would this wipe out mutliplayer saves too?

could it be that you picked a level from mission select to go back and find the intels you missed. if so, this could be the case, since you prolly have to finish the levels from start to scratch like cod 3, although you could still save and quit and resume later. i know right, because there's no indicator to tell when you finished a level on veteran.

Just completed the game on Veteran and got all the achievements.

As for people commenting saying that when you quit out during a mission, it bugs, this is untrue.

I have quit out MANY times during a mission and did other things (MP, Zombies etc) and came back half-way through a mission and completed them all on Veteran. I've never experienced a bug/glitch at any point, so can confirm, quiting out doesn't affect your game.

Just completed the game on Veteran and got all the achievements.

As for people commenting saying that when you quit out during a mission, it bugs, this is untrue.

I have quit out MANY times during a mission and did other things (MP, Zombies etc) and came back half-way through a mission and completed them all on Veteran. I've never experienced a bug/glitch at any point, so can confirm, quiting out doesn't affect your game.

I second this ^. I went through the game on veteran and quit out many times. To the OP: you must've done something wrong for it not to give you the achievement. But if all else fails, do a run through on hardened seeing that the achieve is for completing the game on hardened or veteran. ;)

I played my first playthrough on regular and after that I completed all intels and other stuff so after mop-up everything on the achievement list I went and started a new game, some ppl just use mission select then Veteran, and the achievements for completing some mission dont pop, well when I started a new game and choose Veteran Difficulty The achievements pop up with no problem, so my advice START A NEW GAME! after u completed all intels and stuff like that if u want to complete them :)

I don't know anything I could have done to mess it up.

I beat it on veteran in one playthrough, I never used any of the cheat codes.

I actually got every single veteran achievement achievement playing the game normally yet did not get the 100g achievement, you can look at my achievements. So the game should know I have beaten it on veteran since it clearly gave me every veteran level achievement.Unlike some where they didn't get the achievement going back to the level you miss can fix that. But if I have gotten the level veteran achievements where do I go from there?

Like I said going to try last level again on vet, maybe try to run through on hardened

I never even picked any intel up this playthrough, I really don't know what the issue is like I said a few other have gotten the same issue as me so there's obviously somewhere where it can glitch. Just because you didn't run into it doesn't mean it isnt.

Edited by Jawmuncher

I just completed the game on veteran but for some reason it didn't unlock the achievement for completing 'SOG' and 'The defector'. This also meant I didn't get the achievement for veteran upon completion. Fucking lame doing them again.

Beating those levels again should fix your problem.

Any way update on my status, I beat the last level again on VET and still no achievement. I also called support and they told me to try that or look online to see if there was a fix, well most of the threads with people having this issue already have my input.

Edited by Jawmuncher