EGM Gamerscore Article...

JesusBread

while i got it today and they do have the interview with Lazywolf and Rogue in there but noting about Rand al or Stallion. Also When everyone else reads the article i can be that everyone will go nuts because they basically tell rogue that he should cheat and gamesave so that he can get back to his real life

Are you shitting me?

Basically EGM told Rogue to Gamesave? Should we bomb their Mailbox with Hate Letters?:p

That sounds exactly right. They should expect a flaming bag of dog shit on their porch tomorrow.

I'll do it since I'm located in the same city as their office.:p

Seriously EGM...WTF?!

I feel that's like a slap in our faces and what we've as a Community have been striving to accomplish...to Unlock Achievements LEGITIMATELY.

Hmm haven't had a chance to read the article yet guys.. Sounds like its not that great :( I told him all about the ways people cheat, who had actually earned their massive scores, and where to find a community of people who enjoyed earning achievements legitimately.. Guess only one of the three was interesting enough to make print.

I am really sorry that Stal and Rand aren't mentioned, but i am somewhat pleased if it exposes what a joke the global leaderboard is.

edit: check this link. both posted yesterday, the same day the thread was made.. wonder if its a response? not a very good one if they only got those two, though i can confirm that is strips real first name..

http://forums.xbox.com/6/17489198/ShowPost.aspx#17489198

Just checked out that link Lazy. What does it mean? I take it MS did something to them. They still have thier scores, disappointing, but they have themselves marked as POW 000001 and 000002. Prisoners of War which I would think would be a ban, but I thought they already were and if that is all, again disappointing. The amount of zeros in front would give me the assumption that they know there will be more, alot more. Anyone with any knowledge on this?

Just checked out that link Lazy. What does it mean? I take it MS did something to them. They still have thier scores, disappointing, but they have themselves marked as POW 000001 and 000002. Prisoners of War which I would think would be a ban, but I thought they already were and if that is all, again disappointing. The amount of zeros in front would give me the assumption that they know there will be more, alot more. Anyone with any knowledge on this?

I've just checked out the link myself.

Someone posted that Major Nelson also made examples of them? I'm not sure what's exactly going on, but if they were truly PoW's then their scores should be wiped out as well. Let's hope there are more PoW's. This would explain why MaleStripClub was trying to sell off his tag. What a bunch of Gamesaving Douches.

edit: check this link. both posted yesterday, the same day the thread was made.. wonder if its a response? not a very good one if they only got those two, though i can confirm that is strips real first name..

http://forums.xbox.com/6/17489198/ShowPost.aspx#17489198

That's the one I mentioned to you last night. I asked a xbox forum mod that I know and she didn't know anything about it. I wish there was some official statement. They need an example made of them.

After reading this this reminds me why I don't go to the xbox forums any more.

Like many of us I have sampled other 360 sites and NONE of them come even close to x360a...NONE of them.

Back on topic:

The read the EGM piece yesterday and thought it was very average. They came close to tapping into the nature of competition but glossed it over pretty quick. The last line about cheating was stupid and devoid of thought.

I'm guessing maybe it's a filter used when someone gets banned.

They might have censored there messages to whats written there, and changed there signatures to POW # XXXXXXXXXXXX.

It could be something just for the baning for Game saving. Or just a new ban feature. Or a ban feature for the baning of message content.

I'm not sure on any of that, its just a guess.

Sort of a bumpage but:

1) Did anyone get that egm article and can state definitively what it said? If it flat-out said Stallion should be gamesaving, we should be forming an angry mob.

2) Majin, I love the way we just swooped down, defended boosting, and left once the thread got put back on topic.